Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Big problem in going to penticton is that slacks burnt down....it was a sad day
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 AM

If it wasn't for the fact that I live in Southern Ontario, i'd be all over this.....
Catch BIG smallies every summer on Lake Erie
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM

we need a update from the OP

the marina will not answer their phone

Horse is on tranquilizers for the time being but sson he will be uncontrolable if we dont get updates on this event
Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 AM

awwwwwwww Come on
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 PM

Sorry, guys for some reason I couldn't see when people posted. I got some for information for anyone looking for fishing in the event. We have a $1000 first place prize from the city of penticton. The entry fees are $75 per team plus $10 per day big fish. Entry fees are paid back to the contestants. There is also an early bird prize, which will be announced soon. Some great prize from a number of different fishing companies.

The event is a 2 day event sept 22 and 23 on skaha lake. The host hotel is going to be the Ramada Inn and their sister property in OK Falls on the south end of the lake. They will provide special rates for people in the event. This will also be announced soon.

you need insurance on your boat and also to have a live well because it is a 5 fish end of day weigh-in.

Any questions fire away.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 PM

JohninAB and myself will be entering. Team Crankin'

I'm sure there will be bass pros that live on the lake entering, but it will be fun to just attend this. Hopefully techniques and tactics I've learned over the years for smallies in MB and ONT, will serve me well on this lake.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
JohninAB and myself will be entering. Team Crankin'

I'm sure there will be bass pros that live on the lake entering, but it will be fun to just attend this. Hopefully techniques and tactics I've learned over the years for smallies in MB and ONT, will serve me well on this lake.
Get there 4 days early do some pre fishin .
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing101 View Post
Sorry, guys for some reason I couldn't see when people posted. I got some for information for anyone looking for fishing in the event. We have a $1000 first place prize from the city of penticton. The entry fees are $75 per team plus $10 per day big fish. Entry fees are paid back to the contestants. There is also an early bird prize, which will be announced soon. Some great prize from a number of different fishing companies.

The event is a 2 day event sept 22 and 23 on skaha lake. The host hotel is going to be the Ramada Inn and their sister property in OK Falls on the south end of the lake. They will provide special rates for people in the event. This will also be announced soon.

you need insurance on your boat and also to have a live well because it is a 5 fish end of day weigh-in.

Any questions fire away.

thanks can we have official rules please
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 PM

Anybody looking for a non-boater partner?? Fished bass my entire life, until about a year and a half ago. Definitely missing the massive explosions!!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:59 PM

rules please
who can we contact?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM

Primed to go. Any idea on rates for the rooms yet?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 AM

We are just working out a deal with a ramada inn to get you guys a great deal. I have also posted the rules.

If you have any questions just let me know.

OK Bass Classic Open Rules

1/ Participation/Eligibility
- Must be 18 years of age or older. Competitors under 18 must fish with a parent or legal guardian.
- Must possess a current BC freshwater fishing license.
- Must attend pre-tournament registration meeting the night before the event at the designated time and location.
- Must have insurance on boat.
- All boats have to be off the water by 4pm Sept 21st
- This is a team event

2/ Sportsmanship
- Maximum courtesy must be practiced during the event towards both competitors and non-competitors.
- Any act which would negatively reflect on the tournament organization with regards to fishery conservation, clean waters, and courtesy shall be reason for disqualification.

3/ Safety
- All boaters must conduct themselves in a safe manner during the competition.
- All boaters must wear their life jacket at all times when the outboard motor is in operation.
- All boaters must ensure that the kill switch tether is attached to them when the outboard motor is in operation.
- All boats must be equipped with a Coast Guard Safety Kit.

4/ Boats/Equipment
- Minimum boat length is 14'.
- Outboard motor horsepower to not exceed the Coast Guard rating plate of the boat if so equipped.
- Must have an aerated, built-in livewell capable of maintaining the catch of both anglers.

5/ Tackle
- Only artificial lures are acceptable.

6/ Fishing Hours/Locations
- The event starts at first safe light and runs for 8 hours.
- You may only fish in water you can reach by boat. No exiting the boat to cast to or land bass.

7/ Scoring
- Only bass longer than 12" shall be eligible.
- Each team must bring in their heaviest 5 bass.
- Any dead bass presented at weigh-in will cost the team 0.5 lbs.
- In the event of a tie for first place, the weight of the largest bass from each team shall prevail, if still tied, then the limit with the most live bass weighed shall prevail.
- All decisions of the tournament officials are final.
- Tournament time from 7am to 3:30pm on sept 22 and 23
Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Forgot to mention first prize will be at least a $1000 donated by the city of penticton. We are also paying back most of the entry fees and there is a big fish pot for each day.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Is there an official website or even a PDF file or anything in the works for this?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis_rak View Post
Is there an official website or even a PDF file or anything in the works for this?
Good question...

also

Are large and smallmouth bass eligible?

Road hunting is not hunting.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 PM

we are working on website and should have the poster out very soon. We are just waiting for the insurance to come back to start the early registration.

It is both large and smallmouth. There is not a ton of largemouth, but there is a ton of small mouth.

Also, our host hotel is going to be ramanda inn and their sister property in on the south end of the lake. They are going to be giving great rates to all the people fishing. They will also have plug-ins set up for your boat.

If you have any questions just let me know.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 AM

Just wanted to keep everyone up to date on the bc skaha event. Just wanted to let everyone know we just landed some high end rod and reels from okuma, and mustad hooks.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 AM

I am interested in this event and have insurance on my boat but it is through my house insurance. How do I go about showing this to the event coordinators?

Everything else works fine and has been used in walleye tournaments but I have never had to show insurance on my boat before.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:48 AM

haha i opened this post just intrested to see if it was around skaha/ okanogon. well i did a guided trip on that lake. if you want a tip on what to use message me
Old 06-20-2012, 07:36 AM

Its going to be a fun event. Looking forward to it and hope to see other AO teams out there.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:00 AM

I will let you know on the insurance thing. I think it will be fine. We have a liability form for people to sign also. I want to apologize for not having the registration out yet. The insurance company is taking a lot longer then expected.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM

My boat insurance is part of my house policy as well but can always get a letter from my insurance agent outlining what I have if need be. Looking forward to a good time and some bass being caught.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM

Just wanted to let the alberta people know that we have added two more sponsors for the events. We have added molson and coors. Plus, vrx products out of ontario. They will be putting together a nice package of their fishing products for the event. The do the rod glove and distribute some really nice sunglasses.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Can't wait for September so we can start Rippin' Lips!!!!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Just wanted people to know we are almost ready to start early registration. I have included the face book link. This link will soon included all the information you need to know and all the forms you need to download to entry the tournament.

Great place to ask questions and look for a partner if you need one.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/407832569257940/
Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 PM

what about for those of us that don't use Crackbook? Lol
Old 06-23-2012, 09:32 PM

well, you can send me your email address and as soon as we have everything finalized very soon i can email you everything you will need.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know we are very very close to getting all the information out for registration. Just doing final edits to the poster and waivers.
We have also added one of alberta's own buff canada, out of canmore to our sponsor list. This is a great group of people. If your looking for something to keep the sun off your face, ears, and neck and always forget to put on sunscreen on check this product out. It breathes and is very light weight.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:55 PM

Usually fish skaha a couple times a years. Fished it a couple times this spring, awsome fishery. Smallies were in pre spawn, spawn, and post spawn when I was there,we hammered lots in the 4lb range,about a dozen in the 5lb range, and a few 6s. The early fall tourney should be dynamite, lots a fish deep, and lots up shallow on the rocks, and docks. I might acually try to make it out to this tourney,love skaha,and lake osoyoos (caught a 7.3lb smallie is spring on osoyoos). Practice up, I know a few bass teams from bc and washington that are fishing this tourney.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 AM

Ive got my fishing partner lined up for this event... just anxiously awaiting the registration info