Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: perched

FiveO.
As I get it from past conversations on this board, it goes something like this

It's about culture
It's about tradition

But please dont take my word for it. I am sure some of the Pro IMHA people on here will help you out with that GREAT question.
Where is Boss when you need him. Nationwide you have any thoughts? Jergan? Baretrax?
Here is your chance boys to explain this whole thing.

Jamie
Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 AM
shotgun

So last month a family member undertook completing our family tree with the aid of a professional. Turns out that along with my brother and sisters I am a direct line decendant of Pocahantas via her son Peregrine who she gave birth too once in england. Couple of generations pass before the "line" came back to North America.

My question is who wants to go hunting? I have a "birthright" to hunt anytime, anyplace based on my race, right?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Duffy4

"I am sure some of the Pro IMHA people on here will help you out with that GREAT question."

Jamie hunt

I'm not sure there are any. I don't think I have ever seen anywhere on this board anyone "defending the old now non-existant IMHA"

Some come on to "defend" metis people from the posts that boarder on racial comments but is there really anyone here that defends the old imha ??

Robin
Old 04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Jamie Hunt

Duffy, my comments go back to when this saga first started.

As for nationwide, I would love to know who he mentioned in his post that was edited.

Once again a Unregistered user spouting off

Jamie
Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 PM
GoonBag

I absolutely LOVE and completely, 100% agree with Five-O's opinion on this matter. In fact, I think we need to get him to run for parliament so our side of this issue will finally be heard by someone who can actaully articulate why this so-called agreement is wrought with racism and based on complete B.S.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Re: perched

"I would love to know who he mentioned in his post that was edited"What dont you ask lilsundance
"Once again a Unregistered user spouting off"Once again jamie CRYING THE BLUES.:rolleyes
Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Jamie Hunt

Nope not crying.. Just making a VERY accurate statement.
Just a little while longer and most off the trolls go
POOF

Anyhow, how come you haven’t answered the questions about the agreement?

Jamie
Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
baretrax

JH........what would you like me to explain.........why I am Metis............how I came to be Metis................what?..........I have stated my views on the agreement in here enough times that I'm not about to do it again...............I have also posted my views when some of the so called upstanding citizens in here started cutting down my ancestors...................anything else you need to know, pm me..........
Old 04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Jamie Hunt

Bare trax.

Its not me asking the question, it is Five0

Quote:
If you feel IMHA is fair start convincing and let us folks that "dont undertsand", understand your stance.
Quote:
Please help me understand "who the metis people are and why they deserve IMHA rights.
Jamie
Old 04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
baretrax

"But please dont take my word for it. I am sure some of the Pro IMHA people on here will help you out with that GREAT question.
Where is Boss when you need him. Nationwide you have any thoughts? Jergan? Baretrax?
Here is your chance boys to explain this whole thing."

Jamie

I take it this was someone else posting for you?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Jamie Hunt

Bare, not sure what you are getting at. Perhaps we have a miscomunication here. All I was doing was encourageing you guys to answer his questions and speak for yourself.

Jamie
Old 04-18-2007, 04:06 PM
FiveO

Bartax its me FiveO asking. My opinion can be altered i just need a logical answer in order to understand.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:07 PM
crying

Default crying

Yes you are .what do you want to hear :rolleyes about the agreement?did you miss something :x "Just a little while longer and most off the trolls go "typical comeing from you when you dont like what you read from a unregisterd user troll but hey i am on here as much as the next person .So i guess that makes you a registerd troll as for the
POOF i dont think so you wont get rid of me the easy .So tell the good folks of this board what makes you better then the rest .
Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
baretrax

no worries Jaimie.............this thing has been beat to death.........and it just seemed like you were trying to get something going here...........its a communication thing..........been that way for a long time, but things are changing
Old 04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
FiveO

Default Re: crying

Just answer the questions and stay on topic?. Im looking to learn.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Jamie Hunt

Quote:
So tell the good folks of this board what makes you better then the rest
Not a thing, but I do try and help out where I can.

Now what makes you better than all the rest? Why are you to good to register?
So.. You saying you are planning on registering? It would be nice to see a bit of accountability. That and when you finally cross the line.. And we know that you will
POOF

No more nationwide

Jamie
BTW. I don’t want this thread to go off topic.(Anymore than I have already done) if you have anything halfway intelligent to say, feel free to PM me or start your own thread. I wont respond here anymore
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Southb

This thread is a joke already.You people call yourself grown up's.:\
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 AM
SteveY6

Default Re: unreal

Guys, i didnt not want to start violence or stereotyping on this board by my thread.

I regret making it, i was just curious about it

Delete this thread.

SteveY
Old 04-19-2007, 07:43 AM
POOF?

Default POOF?

"That and when you finally cross the line.. And we know that you will
POOF

No more nationwide." I love the "we part "but cant for the life of me see where you fit into that decision a delusional statement on your part but hey whatever turns your boat.:\ The good folks of this board can see this by your poof statement.

"Doesnt matter much eathier way.

Fact is the NEW aggrement will be a much different one than is currently in play. Hopefully it will be one more in line with what the Supereme court had to say.
Ted will make sure of that.

Jamie " but now you disagree and want more answers something you havent heard yet ???? what could that be .

"Guys, i didnt not want to start violence or stereotyping on this board by my thread.

I regret making it, i was just curious about it" stereotyping on this board has been going on longer then you have been a memeber steve.

"It would be nice to see a bit of accountability" I am right here its getting real old hearing this accountability bs .
Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 PM
nationwide

Default nationwide

Nationwide, are you bitter now that your beloved IMHA is'nt worth the paper it's written on? So, have you gotten out this winter and taken advantage while you had the opportunity, or are you upset that you haven't?

Ok, so let's all agree if you are a legit metis then yes you deserve some rights to sustinence, as per Powley. Here I will provide you with the definition,

1. means of sustaining life; nourishment.
2. means of livelihood.
3. the process of sustaining.
4. the state of being sustained.

So basically if you have to take an animal to stay alive, that's ok. I don't think anyone would try to disagree on that one, and needs to be on existing established settlements.

Either way, I can't understand how you don't feel this whole handout is'nt a slap in the face...
Old 04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Tucumseh

Default Re: nationwide

Nationwide, you add nothing of intelligence to this or any other thread on these forums. Are you not capable of doing so?

I see you as nothing more than a s*** disturber!
Growup or shutup....

(and never mind quoting me)
Old 04-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Mackaylake

p202.ezboard.com/falberta...4675.topic
Old 04-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Delburnedave

“So basically if you have to take an animal to stay alive, that's ok.”
I agree totally, and just to add one more point, if you can afford to buy a computer, and be on it monitoring this site all day, as this nationwide character always is, then you shouldn’t need to “take an animal to stay alive” whether it’s a cow moose or a full curl ram. It has nothing to do with stereotyping. It’s about common sense and being realistic
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 AM
fishrman

Default fishrman

"Nationwide, are you bitter now that your beloved IMHA is'nt worth the paper it's written on? So, have you gotten out this winter and taken advantage while you had the opportunity, or are you upset that you haven't?" Fisherman i am not metis yet i am not for the agreement but i am not against it either.What i mean by that is if the gov gave the right so be it there is plenty of deer to go around .

What i dont like is all the little cheap shots everyone likes to give out on this fourm case in point tuc for one for another i could go on i could spend the day guoteing but not worth it. Get what you can from the gov if they are giveing it out take it.If you have it comeing to you get it .

"they are nothing more than legalized poachers." Tuc is this even in the dictionary.:rolleyes
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: fishrman

Quote:
Get what you can from the gov if they are giveing it out take it.If you have it comeing to you get it .
Great attitude..

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Okotokian

Default Re: fishrman

Hey, the Metis were here before the whiteman was, so they have certain... no wait a minute, they weren't here first. :b

With all due respect to those here with opposing views, my disagreement is WAY more basic. I have no problem at all acknowledging First Nations ("indians" as they used to be called in less enlightened times) rights. They were here first and for the most part cut deals called treaties to allow peaceful settlement. I guess I just have more trouble wrapping my admittedly thick head around Metis rights. This group wasn't here before the white man arrived, and no treaties that I'm aware of were ever signed. Heck, there were vikings in atlantic Canada before there were Metis. There were French settlements founded before there were Metis. We haven't given those groups special hunting rights (Norwegian hunters! Descendents of the vikings! Come to Canada for an unrestricted hunting holiday! LOL) :b .

FiveO said "If it comes down to sustinence or tradition then have at it with a traditional weapon such as a bow and arrow." Well, bow and arrow isn't the traditional weapon for Metis, guns are, because they aren't a true aboriginal group, to my eye anyway.

I know two fellows who have always thought of themselves as "white"... don't participate in the metis culture (and yes, I agree there is a well-developed one) at all. They both recently officially verified that they have metis ancestors and now reap the benefits. They are great guys and I don't really blame them for taking advantage of what they legally can. Just seems wrong. I don't lose sleep over it or constantly gnash my teeth, but still....
Old 04-20-2007, 06:17 PM
lilsundance

Default Re: unreal

Steve, its not your fault that this thread has taken the turn it has. Everyone here is very passionate, be it for or against the agreement, and tempers are going to flare defending their personal views. But since it has degraded I won't delete it but rather close it as it is.