Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Banned

Hey buddy... I hunt alone, but dont really know any spots. If you have spots I will come joing you anytime from Edmonton... I can be reached at binnzer32@live.com or 780 713 1514

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Looking for a waterfowl partner for this season. If you have a decoy spread and a place to with it I'm your guy. I don't mind early mornings and with enough notice can get pretty much any day(s) off.

I'm experienced, polite, and (I'm told) a pretty friendly guy. I've got all my own gear except for the decoy spread or the land to hunt on. Drop me a line if you're interested in some duck/goose hunting.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 PM

I'm a new hunter only 18 looking for some one to show me the ropes, this could be anyone, male/female young or old it matters not. I have my pal and own firearms but haven't been able to use them outside of the range, I'm interested in all types of game from ducks to bucks. I live on the outskirts of west Calgary and wouldn't mind driving as long as its not longer than 3 hours. send me a pm if you're interested I'll be glad to hear anything you guys have to say.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Smile Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemeth61 View Post
I'm a new hunter only 18 looking for some one to show me the ropes, this could be anyone, male/female young or old it matters not. I have my pal and own firearms but haven't been able to use them outside of the range, I'm interested in all types of game from ducks to bucks. I live on the outskirts of west Calgary and wouldn't mind driving as long as its not longer than 3 hours. send me a pm if you're interested I'll be glad to hear anything you guys have to say.
What would like me to say that Hi i'm 54 and Bi and like to hunt pheasent and would you like to come with me. Is that it. Chat later if you are interested
Old 09-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Default Looking For Like minded Individuals

Hi, I am looking for anyone in and around the edmonton area for hunting. I have just recently got my pal last year and have bought a few toys that i cant wait to put into action. I have gone huntig once or twice before with family friends but never got to hands on was pretty much designated the driver. Im 28 and really want to get into hunting its always been a interest of mine and the few times i have gone i find that i cant wait to go back again. Would be nice to meet someone that can kind of show me the ropes and maybe a range pal. A little about me im really into cars, guns, like watching the fights just a regular guy.
If anyone out theres interested in partnerin up email me and we can set something up
zaid_h_ali@rogers.blackberry.net
Old 09-04-2015, 10:40 PM

Default Calgary and area

Hey! I am a brand new hunter and want to do some bird hunting this year, I am getting a 12 gauge 870 3'' and want to learn how to hunt geese and other birds, I love right outside strathmore and would love any help and tips that more experienced hunters would like to share.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Hello everyone. I live in Leduc and am looking to get back into hunting. I have hunted a few different species of animals in the past. I am really interested in getting out elk and gamebird hunting. I have most everything I need if I don't I will buy it. Let me know if you want to meet up and talk. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:05 PM

I live in Edmonton .I'm heading out for game bird hunt If you want to tag along pm me ... I can also pick you up if your in Edmonton

Last edited by DannyBourgoin; 09-06-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:50 AM

2 guys looking for goose/duck hunting land and a partner or two near edmonton!
we have 18 goose decoys, calls, layout blinds, and trucks. we have most of the stuff we need except for a good piece of land! let me know if you wanna join!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM

Default Looking to hunt near Okotoks ? Ducks? Geese

New to Okotoks and hoping to find someone who knows where to go for ducks and geese. If your looking for a hunting buddy, or might just have room for one more, Please call Jay @ 403-714-2695
Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM

I finally got my Sept work sked. Thinking of driving up to 350 on the 16th and camp. Try to spend most of 17th and possibly part of the 18th wandering around the bush. Have not had a chance to scout around so I don't know what is there. PM if you might like to join me.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 PM

Default wmu 128

got lucky this year and got drawn for antlered mule deer kinda know the area but would like to talk to anyone who knows the area
Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Default Ducks and Geese in the High Level area

Lookin for a partner for some waterfowl. I dont know the area too well and i would like to find someone who hunts the area. I seen some good flocks but i dont know any land owners. Send me a PM if you are interested. I was thinkin of heading east to the hay zama lake region too. seen lots of activity there this spring.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 PM

Default Hi

Its my third year hunting in Calgary alone, I just know two area one for deer and one for waterfowl, It would be great if any one can help, I would like to have new friend to learn from him new area and better hunting technice, I just have shot gun and I did hunt deer with it last year but I am not sure if its legal to do so or not?? If any one out there can call me and direct me or we can go hunt together that would be great, A.J (403) 714-6472
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM

Where you using a rifled slug?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 AM

Hi, my name is Yves, 30 years old, I have 2 young kids at home so I usually do 1 day trips here and there.

I have been living in Stony Plain for almost 4 years now, I started geese hunting last year but always go by myself. It would be nice to join others on a hunt once in a while. I have a dozen decoys & camo suite but no blind.

Also I started bow hunting this year I have not been out a lot, but would love to go for moose in a close enough area, 1-2hrs drive from here. I am fairly well equipped for big game hunting.

I have been hunting for with whitetail since I moved here so do not know many spots for moose.

If anyone wants to go go out for a bow moose let me know.

Later
Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Any bear hunters

Hi, I'm looking for someone with some bear experience around calgary. Have all the nessecities just have had awful luck spotting them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 PM

Default I want to hunt moose

I am looking for someone who would like to go moose hunting in one of the open rifle WMU's. I am a prairie boy and don't think I could manage very well in the bush alone, nor do I really know how to hunt moose. I have hunted for many years and have shot mule and whitetail deer, elk, and antelope. I would really like to shoot a moose as I love the meat. If someone would take me moose hunting in the bush I would be more than willing to take them on a foothills elk or deer hunt or hit the open country for deer or antelope (horesback is an option). I have outfitters tents and lots of gear (no quad though).

PM me if your interested
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Default i,m looking for hunting parnter

i,m 43 living in calgary north end i haven,t went hunting since 1990 so i,m new at this again but really like to go got all the equiment that i need and can shoot straight.would like to go out for moose or elk if possible if someone wants to take a new guy all even supply the quads and toy hauler got 2 660 grizzlys all geared up both have rifle carriers on them as well.in return if we get anything you can show me how to field dress the animal or i guess everything after the shoot lol.i,m not stupid but just don,t want to spoil the critter.i do alot of ice fishing and enter most derbys that i can so maybe i can show you ice fishing in return or just have a buddy to go with tks.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:43 PM

Phoward, you can hunt general elk but if you want to go moose hunting I would suggest putting in for some draws come June.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Thumbs up Tuc

Great job Tuc for taking it upon yourself to run/manage this thread the way you have been.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCO View Post
Great job Tuc for taking it upon yourself to run/manage this thread the way you have been.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM

I would love to get out hunting soon, but I have to work this weekend. Any other weekend would be great for me. I live in Edmonton
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 AM

Smile Looking to learn.

Hey guys, I am looking for someone to go hunting with who knows more about birds than the guys I have went with who think you can sneak up on a goose. I live in Medicine Hat so I am looking for someone with in 1-1.5h driving range if possible. I have a couple of labs that love to swim and been doing some birds but like to do alot more. So if your around my area and would like someone to hunt all kinds of birds drop me a line. I don't have any decoys anymore because I'm not sure what I need so before I go out and buy a stack, I would like to go out see what works and what to spend my money on. I can hunt everyday after 430pm and weekends are open. Not real new to the hunt but would like to learn alot more ways to be successful.
Ps: can't wait to get out for deer to!

Last edited by 300WIZM; 10-25-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Default green as they come

well im jsut starting to get into hunting, the only hunting ive done is when i was 8 and tagged along with a uncle.
im just looking to learn the ropes. if anyone wants some company on a hunt i would gladly tag along for any big game species. i have no rifle, no camo, i have absolutely nothing (i will be purchasing all the gear around christmas)
if anyone wants a tag along and willing put up with a newbie like myself i would love to tag along on some weekend day hunts to get some experience in the feild.
i reside in calgary and travel is not a problem.
pm me if interested
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Default Looking for Hunting Partner

Hi, I moved to Calgary in 2008 and had my first hunting season 2009.
got a whitetail and a mule. Looking for an partner for spring bear and big game in fall. 403 481 0757 Guenther
Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 AM

I live in taber. Just trying to get started into bird hunting any kind.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 AM

hey if you travl to picture butte ill go bird hunting with you ( ducks but if you have goose decoys can get lots of geese too) i got duck decoys gun dog an calls and know of a few really good areas right close
Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 AM

sorry the only goose deks i have are the tire ones i tried to make. hard worrk and first 2 hunts didn gos so well.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:55 AM

Default anterless moose

I was drawn for anterless moose in 166. I'm looking to go hunting next Saturday November 21 and possibly the 28th as well. I have permission on a ton of land and have been to 166 for a couple of days already(2nd & 3rd). My partner had a couple of great chances up close but unfortunately wasn't able to connect. He's done for the season so I need some help.

The plan is to head up early morning (3:30am from Calgary) and sit for a bit. After that it's pushing bush until we see something and stay until last shot if need be.

I've been hunting for 8 years and if a newbie wants to join me that's fine. Gun safety for me is the most important thing. I don't have a quad but I do have a game cart and for the most part getting the truck close shouldn't be a problem. Send me a PM.