Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-07-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub View Post
The landowner was informed, the ball is in his court. Will he press charges, not likely. I guess we'll see.

-Craig
His best chance to prevent future trespassing is to press charges. A judge will usually deal more harshly with trespassers that have been denied permission. He may even be convinced to issue a court order prohibiting the outfitter, or his employees, from entering the property in the future.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 09-07-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:08 PM

Frustrated and Discouraged Waterfowlers: Driving back from Athabasca today I saw no less than 20 shoots within 1 mile of the highway (a couple of monsters just north of Clyde). Not a hunter in site. Good luck this season guys.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub View Post
So, we find the shoot on land that the outfitters can't hunt. Gain permission on land. Plan to hunt it the next afternoon as one member can't make it in the morning. Check on the birds in the morning and the local outfitters crew are jogging across the field chasing the birds from our field. Yes, we know who they are! For our efforts we are called "pathetic" and "lazy locals". Things are making sense to me now.

-Craig
Craig I do all my hunting north of killam and sedgewick and was out this weekend. I had a good shoot Saturday morning. However, I do know of a certain outfitter that was out in the area this weekend. Pm me if you don't mind and let me know who you think it is and what operation. If its the same guys I will do my best to send a text out to every contact of mine from killam to lougheed. I've personally gotten into it with 3 separate outfits the past 2 seasons. One outfit has a guy that writes for erhm, a magazine. If it makes you feel better 4 of the bigger landowners in flagstaff county are starting to automatically deny outfitters due to poor sportsmanship on behalf of a few outfits towards everyday bird hunters. And if you want a good lead for next weekend let me know as I won't be able to make it out.

Jeff
Old 09-07-2014, 10:06 PM

What drake said in his advise..many shoots us guides can't get on.ive guided south of sedgewick but we never had to go that far north..another reason we tie up so many shoots is cause were on the road everyday,hunting twice a day if not limited out in the morn an shoots also fall apart.good shoot one day,watch it again in hopes of shooting it next an it falls apart for whatever reason.so we move onto the next.its just the way it goes.an we too gave many shoots to locals when were in good shape...there is one particular outfitter east of us that hates locals an does anything in his power to screw it up for them an anyone else including us...also a few others in the area that tie up land all fall an don't even hunt it.its a tough area no doubt..but for the weekend guy an I've been there before,ya just gotta put on the miles..some areas are pounded some are dead zones with few hunters an birds barely get hunted..good luck..
Old 09-08-2014, 04:40 AM

Default Not rant

In the truck heading into the beautiful rainy and possibly snowy opener. Good luck people I hope that field is drier than it looks.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterfisher View Post
In the truck heading into the beautiful rainy and possibly snowy opener. Good luck people I hope that field is drier than it looks.
Brrrr
What a wet and cold morning. Went out with a good buddy of mine and hit a few mallards. Geese decided to stay away. Until next time.