Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Sorry I mis read the PM. It does clearly state that he UNKNOWINGLYtook 2 hunters at the guidance from his boss however I dont think it takes away from the fact that he should have known the rules and worked with in the rules. I dont think we need to crucify him anymore. My original comment was more to the fact that I believe that APOS should be sanctioning their members for wildlife offences. He has been punished by both the court and the court of public opinion. Now APOS step up and show all these guys that working outside the law is not permitted.
Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that is probably going to be one of the last PM's you receive from Gunslinger, probably even without the wee little screw up there.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Banned

I have no idea who this Pat Garrett guy is, nor his accomplishments but it strikes me as odd fellow outdoorsmen would support anything to do with him.

What I read is this guy has 26 years experience and broke the law, plain and simple really... There is absolutely no excuse nor personal apology that in my mind would clear him of his actions.

He should be banned from hunting, guiding and anything outdoors related for life in my opinion...

Absolutely sickens me to think our heritage has a price tag of 10K...
Old 09-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Yep and most that do it with in the confines of the law.
I agree 100% diamond k.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Default When I read threads like this ,I think

When the Prov. Govt of the day decides to bring Big Game Hunting
To an end ,due in most part to public sentiment , APOS will have
Played no small part in that decision . The mismanagement part .
The average Alberta voter fortunately has no understanding that
The people committing felonious acts ,are members of a group in
Fact regulated by a board and in the end the Govt . Every time
I read about Apos on here ,I get a sour taste in my mouth .
Their kinda like the PCs of Hunting , to long in the tooth ,
And to long in the saddle .
Old 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
I have no idea who this Pat Garrett guy is, nor his accomplishments but it strikes me as odd fellow outdoorsmen would support anything to do with him.

What I read is this guy has 26 years experience and broke the law, plain and simple really... There is absolutely no excuse nor personal apology that in my mind would clear him of his actions.

He should be banned from hunting, guiding and anything outdoors related for life in my opinion...

Absolutely sickens me to think our heritage has a price tag of 10K...
Glad to hear you're perfect.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:35 AM

Can't believe in the sheer number of perfect souls on this site... some body should call guinness book of world records because they would never believe it! So many glass houses in alberta I'm going to buy shares in a glass making company asap!

If you can honestly say without doubt you have never broke a law, pushed a limit, made a HONEST mistake, I would love to shake your hand. If I would be worthy enough in the first place....

I don't condone breaking laws and rules but by some of the statements on the last two threads you would swear that everyone walks on water.. or simply people get some sort of satisfaction on running a guys name through mud to enlarge his own ego and make himself feel better for being a superrier being.
Closed Thread