Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2024, 09:26 PM

Default Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
This is probably news to you, but in Canada, you don't directly vote for the PM, unless he happens to be running for MP in your riding.

I already indicated which party I would be voting for, which is the party that anybody with any sense would be voting for. I think Alex Jones is the scum of the earth, and wish that more conservatives would be on the same page, which obviously they aren't when you look at how triggered everyone has been from my comments.
Oh I’m well aware of how politics works.
It might be news to you but your not voting for a person that endorses a political leader either.
You didn’t answer any of my questions thoug, just like Moe.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Problem with polls is that most independent voters don't answer them, they hang up the phone. And independents are the decision makes in every election. Polls this early mean nothing, they never do. What I am saying is that Poiliviere has to play smart and cool to win. Rarely do Conservatives win Majorities, Harper, who was excellent, only won one Majority. The rest were Minority Governments. People want to vote out Trudeau, but if Poiliviere doesn't play it cool and smart, we may get another Minority Liberal/NDP coalition
"Independent" voters are practically non-existent in Canada. Only a handful of candidates have run with an independent status. Think Jane Philpott. Perhaps you have another conceived perception of independent voters.
Polls do as much to influence voting as they do to measure voters' intentions. Some voters like to simply play along with popular opinion and don't follow politics well enough to understand what a party or candidate stands for or promises to do. Maybe that's what you call "Independent". Every fence sitter isn't "Independent" because they may be thinking of switching party affiliation.
John Diefenbaker's conservatives in 1958 were the biggest majority government in Canadian history.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:31 PM

Too bad they turfed Erin O Toole he would probly win a majority, we are stuck with attack dog pollievre, what were conservative delegates thinking, eastern canadians were just not ready to turn away from Trudeau, don't ask why, it's crazy they voted for him in the first place
Old 05-07-2024, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
Too bad they turfed Erin O Toole he would probly win a majority, we are stuck with attack dog pollievre, what were conservative delegates thinking, eastern canadians were just not ready to turn away from Trudeau, don't ask why, it's crazy they voted for him in the first place
Once Otoole flipped on the carbon tax and on the firearms laws, he was done as conservative leader. There was nothing else to do, but replace him.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
I doubt it, O Toole flipped and flopped every time the sun rose. He had no conviction on anything, like him or not you can see where PP stands and much more often than not it is on the side of common sense, he is sharp as a whip as well. I had my doubts about him when he was elected as leader but has won me over big time. Trudope looks like a simpleton drama teacher compared to him.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-07-2024, 06:44 PM

The lieberals should really be looking at their own pitfalls rather than just trying to attack Pierre. He’s amazing and not going anywhere. Majority is in the bag already. Deal with it.