Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-02-2015, 02:59 PM

Default Idea !

Maybe we can all get together and pretend to hunt on every damn road in the county. Meet 2 or 3 guys every 2 miles or so.........

Mind you then a real hunting day would be wasted.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Sounds like a video of them is needed to cement the charges that should be laid. Pretty stupid to confront guys with guns lol.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Could you apply the citizens arrest angle here?
Or just tell them to F*** Off.

Grizz
Old 11-02-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP_R6 View Post
You can expect to get your life threatened. Just walk away!
Perfect, uttering threats is a criminal act.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:30 PM

They haven't shown up yet, but I had to chase off not one, but two trespassers .One took off, but I got his plate. Will be reporting him tonight when I get home.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
They haven't shown up yet, but I had to chase off not one, but two trespassers .One took off, but I got his plate. Will be reporting him tonight when I get home.
Sad....glad you got a plate.

LC
Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Maybe we can all get together and pretend to hunt on every damn road in the county. Meet 2 or 3 guys every 2 miles or so.........

X2.....I don't hunt 250 and most likely never would have considered it....until now.
Hardly a wasted day,I'd absolutely love to meet these clowns.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Banned

So its illegal to interfere with a lawful hunt sounds nice!

Any proof of this charge ever sticking in Alberta?

Wouldn’t charges being laid be up to the officer?
Old 11-02-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmasterjr View Post
They will tell you there is no hunting allowed and they are trying to get the main roads shut down lol. Even if you are on private property they will still pull up to harass you
Good gravy, really? Well, put that way I should maybe bring my buddy with me (doesn't hunt, but owns the land). These guys roll up on his property and try pulling something like this & it'd be totally YouTube-able fare. Picture an R. Lee Ermey-sized chewing out, only not so warm and fuzzy.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:32 PM

Good job guys keep it up id love to see these people get fined for this. We need to keep the antis up to speed with our rights.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Sounds like a video of them is needed to cement the charges that should be laid. Pretty stupid to confront guys with guns lol.
Sad to say, but someday this guy will probably meet the wrong guy out there and get punched out or worse.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 PM

Just a little update. F&w told me we are allowed to hunt there as long as we are within the natural area. You guys were right they do have the RCMP on speed dial. So if you are hunting that area make sure you're not hunting on private property.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Nah, they know hunters by and large wouldn't hurt'em no matter how many guns we're packing. Hope the law does its part, no buddy-buddy there.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
Sad to say, but someday this guy will probably meet the wrong guy out there and get punched out or worse.
Wouldn't necessarily say that's "sad"
Old 11-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
Yup....got to agree with you there.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post

Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good! I remember getting dispatched to a complaint made by some BFC'ers down here in Montana during a Tribal buffalo hunt.... Needless to say it didn't go so well for the BFC folk. (Buffalo Field Campaign). I did become really good friends with a couple Nez Perce though. Good respectable people that group of hunters was!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
It is because we'll end up getting the black eye.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:18 AM

Having the same problem in 216 by a woman who sits in her truck running where ever she sees moose. I finally had it after she has blown two sure kills she claims not doing anything wrong just looking at the moose I informed her that she is in fact harassing the game by stopping them from going to the area they wish to go to. I also informed her that perhaps if she is looking at the moose perhaps she should take the lens caps off her binos. If she dies the same thing today I will call f&w
Old 11-03-2015, 06:26 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Rcmp and F&w were contacted right away.
Just trying to see if anybody else had the same problem with these individuals.
And I've already gotten a few pms. From different hunters that encountered them last night
Show the cops all the gathered information if the people who pm'd you are up to it. Burry these two meatheads before someone gets hurt.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-03-2015, 06:27 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Default Go get em

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
X2.....I don't hunt 250 and most likely never would have considered it....until now.
Hardly a wasted day,I'd absolutely love to meet these clowns.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-03-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Show the cops all the gathered information if the people who pm'd you are up to it. Burry these two meatheads before someone gets hurt.
I suspect it will get brushed off until someone gets hurt. The harassing a hunter in their lawful right to hunt law has no teeth.
I've been down this road before and the fish and wildlife officer told me to find somewhere else to hunt. I told him that if he doesn't do something then the next call will be for an assault charge. He said " I didn't hear that," so I repeated it.
He ended up taking care of it. I don't know what he said but the person who was harassing me went away.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Just a little update. F&w told me we are allowed to hunt there as long as we are within the natural area. You guys were right they do have the RCMP on speed dial. So if you are hunting that area make sure you're not hunting on private property.
What did they say about the harassment though?
Old 11-03-2015, 08:15 AM

Don't let it be brushed off. Here is what the wildlife act says about interfering with a legal hunt.

Activities Related to Hunting

Prohibition of harassment of hunters

47(1) A person shall not interfere with the lawful hunting of wildlife by another person, or with any lawful activity preparatory to such hunting, with the intention of preventing or impeding the hunting or the continuation of the hunting.

(2) A person shall not disturb, or engage in an activity that will tend to disturb, wildlife with the intention of preventing or impeding its being lawfully hunted.

(3) A person shall not disturb another person who is engaged in the lawful hunting of wildlife, or in any lawful activity preparatory to such hunting, with the intention of dissuading that person from hunting or otherwise preventing the hunting or of preventing that person’s enjoyment of the outdoors.

1984 cW-9.1 s47

It is an offense for these people to be disturbing lawful hunting. It they have the rcmp on speed dial ready to make life difficult for hunters, it would be a rude awakening for these folks to realize they are breaking the law by interfering with a lawful hunt. Tell Fish and Wildlife you want them charged. You should be able to get them on subsection 3 at least. Whether they stopped your hunting or not, it may be able to be proven that they intended to dissuade you from hunting and/or from enjoying the outdoors. Why do we as hunters continue to put up with this garbage. There are so many who are ready and willing to do us dirt. Anyway, this is a nifty little part of the wildlife act that many don't know about. Hope it helps and opens some eyes. Be vocal about this stuff. I have had one hunt ruined by a "do gooder" anti and another interrupted. In the second case the fool walked up and down the road to keep deer from crossing into the field we were hunting. He could have been charged for that. Next time it happens to me I will be calling it in.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:26 AM

I realize that the overriding concern with the LEOs in these situations is most likely with maintaining the public peace, the solution is to have everyone take a breath and give each other space. That being said, how many of us are familiar with the cases where people, transporting a firearm safely and well within the dictates of the Firearms Act, have been charged with improper transport all the same and had to wade through long, expensive legal proceedings to demonstrate their innocence? Then, heaping insult upon that injury we have people here in clear violation of Sec. 47 of the Wildlife Act who seem to receive the blind eye and allowed to go on their way. That's vexing.

Either charge in either instance and let them come before the courts to be sorted out, or don't. Whatever is done though, I'd really rather it be consistent so you at least know where you stand.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Banned

Just another government worker too lazy to do their job.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi View Post
Having the same problem in 216 by a woman who sits in her truck running where ever she sees moose. I finally had it after she has blown two sure kills she claims not doing anything wrong just looking at the moose I informed her that she is in fact harassing the game by stopping them from going to the area they wish to go to. I also informed her that perhaps if she is looking at the moose perhaps she should take the lens caps off her binos. If she dies the same thing today I will call f&w
Know these people well they go as far as blocking the road so we couldn't get by then reported us for yelling at her to get off the road that's when f w were informed that they chase the moose on horse back and with his air plane they said they are aware of the problem but we need video and then they will press charges
Old 11-03-2015, 10:59 AM

"So officer, I'm just wondering what the reasonable level of force is for reacting to being outnumbered and attacked by individuals highly trained in personal assault?"

Phrase it that way and watch the pet mountie change his tune.

These two idiots are asking for a darwin award.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh View Post
Know these people well they go as far as blocking the road so we couldn't get by then reported us for yelling at her to get off the road that's when f w were informed that they chase the moose on horse back and with his air plane they said they are aware of the problem but we need video and then they will press charges
Why don't they get off their lazy asses and do an investigation? They've been advised there is a problem all they'd have to do is take a drive out there on a weekend and they'd probably catch them in the act. I don't know how much easier it would be for them.

I may be out there at some time this month and if these losers give me any trouble I will tell them to F right off in no uncertain terms.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh View Post
If they are flying low enough to chase game with aircraft , I would report them to Transport Canada, and F&W. Involve any regulatory body that might be interested. If you have witnesses, you shouldn't need video.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Let me guess this is at the half moon lake natural area? Seen the 25 no hunting signs posted their at the natural area. What a couple clowns.