Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 11:25 PM

Default Slick Tricks

Slick Trick Mags 100grn, fly very close to field tips and have punched through everything from moose to deer with very large holes, great blood trails and quick kills. As said before there is lots out there that will work and I do not believe there is just one best model. These have just worked well for me so I figure why mess with a good thing, try a few and good luck!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM

Default Crimson Talon V4

I use to use the Crimson Raptor, a broad head that was designed with airfoil technology, it turned the shaft of the arrow instead of the fletching. The broad head was a cut on contact single blade with two mechanicals which opened with little lose of energy. One of the problems was the fletching had to be straight. I loved it, killed tons of animals and I never seen an arrow make so much damage. There was always a blood trail and a pass thru. They weren't popular because of the need for a straight fletching. The only problem was it was only good for one animal. The broadhead would bend or break. The new crimson talon works on the same principal, same point of impact as my field points and it is a cut on contact with no mechanical blades. The blades are stronger and it doesn't have the mechanical. Since I have the arrows I think I'm going to try them out. I miss the crimson raptor, too bad it didn't catch on.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 PM

I use 100 grain Grim Reapers. I have only killed 2 animals with the bow( a cow elk and a mule buck). Neither shot was anything to be proud of, but the reapers made it work! I love those things.