Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2015, 07:15 AM

people are too god damn sensitive now.

back before my time this wouldnt have even caught attention
Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
I really dont see that poster as being sexist...
I agree what ever happen to it being a compliment that your wife makes a great pie, i know my mom sure does and shes proud of it to. now its sexiest to compliant on a woman's baking man this world in unreal sometimes. doesnt mean a man cant or won't make a pie as well but the guy obviously wanted the ladies to make these pies, totally harmless and a good notion trying to get the neighbours together.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
For some reason I doubt that those offended even know where to find Pollockville on a map.
Exactly!

Rural perspectives are different, and most don't have time for the urban dwellers sense of outrage. As someone else said, it's picking fly crap out of pepper.

What I would like to see as a reaction is a bunch of rural pie sales to run it in their face.

I bet though that Wild Rose headquarters won't allow any of those events to be advertised.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Banned

Is it all smashed up from falling off the counter ?
Old 04-17-2015, 07:56 AM

As The Rock used to say, " Hair Pie " ?

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post

In other news, mailmen are now called "people people"
Old 04-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

As has been said before...just goes to show the cultural differences between small minded city folk and rural folk. I've baked a pie or two in my day...heck I grew up helping my grandma bake pies while she babysat me as a small kid. (woops...is that sexist and ageist to suggest that grandma's bake pies and babysit grandchildren)

Anyone that thinks this is "something" are probably the same people that get all riled up about a woman shooting a giraffe. Sexists...indeed. Ha! Untie your panties and shut the heck up.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post

HAHAHAHA!

Yup.

And for the record, I'm a guy, and you aint had a Blueberry pie till you had mine...
Old 04-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Banned

any smart man will claim his wifes pie is the best.

even if my saskatoon pie blows any pie of hers out of the water!!!
Old 04-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Banned

I think I'm gonna bake one of my famous pear pies when I get home.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
The PC's own the media Okie.

Let's watch how the PC party destroys the Wildrose through the media on AO.

The media make this pie issue look like Wildrose people were hanging ISIS people in streets.

Well if that's the case, then the WR candidate is a moron for allowing that poster to go out, or for hiring people that stupid or backward to run his campaign.

So take your pick, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal, or just stupid.

The wildrose supporters here (and the party itself I'm assuming) simply don't get it. Whether you think it's sexist or not doesn't matter a hill of beans. It's what people who are NOT WR supporters think. You are trying to convince them to vote for your party. You have ample evidence from last election that this was the issue that sunk you. Yet you choose to ignore that again.

Its as if a large number of electors hate red. You know this yet you keep wearing red and arguing that you should be able to wear any color you want. Sure you should be able to, but if you want to win the election you would have to be an moron to keep wearing red.

Last edited by Okotokian; 04-17-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I think I'm gonna bake one of my famous pear pies when I get home.
Don't bring it to a Wildrose meeting though. They only want the little lady's pies.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Well if that's the case, then the WR candidate is a moron for allowing that poster to go out, or for hiring people that stupid or backward to run his campaign.

So take your pick, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal, or just stupid.
Not everyone is a member of the uber sensitive, culture of Calgary. Some people are actually part of the rural culture of Alberta all year round...not just during Stampede.

Anyone that pretends this is offensive is going to be voting for one of the many liberal parties in Alberta regardless of who they think should be baking pies.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Not everyone is a member of the uber sensitive, culture of Calgary. Some people are actually part of the rural culture of Alberta all year round...not just during Stampede.

Anyone that pretends this is offensive is going to be voting for one of the many liberal parties in Alberta regardless of who they think should be baking pies.
Very true. And it was true last election too. So just keep alienating a significant sector of the voting public. I'm not sure why Wild Rose wants to do that, but I urge you to keep it up. Perhaps Jean can mention in his next speech that most city people couldn't find their azz with their own hands if you spotted them a cheek. LOL
Old 04-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Gone Hunting

Or we could actually cater to morons who think pie is the burning issue in the election. Like Rug says they will vote wrong regardless of what WR does.

We need to do everything upside down and backwards so the nutbars don't sand in their..........

Okie are you saying the WR should do and say anything to get elected, regardless if it is the 'right' thing to do?

If that's the case, we may as well vote for the status quo.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-17-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

Okie are you saying the WR should do and say anything to get elected, regardless if it is the 'right' thing to do?

Not at all Red. You should absolutely stand by your policies and principles. So is it a Wild Rose policy or principle that women do the baking in a home? Or that invitations to meetings should be directed towards men (bring your wife's pie...")

If you don't care about something one way or the other, why would you state it in such a way that it is likely to pizz someone off (even if you think it's unreasonable)? Especially when that plays into opinions about WR (yes, that may be completely unfair) which even wildrose admits sunk them last time.

Imagine you are selling your home. The walls are painted in psychedelic colours that your family likes. Your realtor suggests you paint the walls a more neutral colour to appeal to more buyers. You don't actually have any particular attachment to the wall colour. Should you repaint or just say "screw anyone who doesn't like it"? Wildrose does the latter and then complains about losing the election.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Banned

i wouldn't vote for him just because he backed down.

if you're going to do something and one sensitive person complains you back down and tuck tail.

get lost, you will not represent me. oh, and the comments from mrs.NDP are stupid i wouldn't vote for her either.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not at all Red. You should absolutely stand by your policies and principles. So is it a Wild Rose policy or principle that women do the baking in a home? Or that invitations to meetings should be directed towards men (bring your wife's pie...")

If you don't care about something one way or the other, why would you state it in such a way that it is likely to pizz someone off (even if you think it's unreasonable)? Especially when that plays into opinions about WR (yes, that may be completely unfair) which even wildrose admits sunk them last time.

Imagine you are selling your home. The walls are painted in psychedelic colours that your family likes. Your realtor suggests you paint the walls a more neutral colour to appeal to more buyers. You don't actually have any particular attachment to the wall colour. Should you repaint or just say "screw anyone who doesn't like it"? Wildrose does the latter and then complains about losing the election.
Oko, pull your dress down...your PC is showing.

It's not Wildrose policy. Look it up. You won't find anything about who is supposed to bake pies in society in the WR policy, and if you're afraid of the WR somehow forcing women back into kitchens, or Harper putting troops with guns on the streets, or some secret hidden right wing agenda, you are living in the standard liberal universe where logic eludes you.

Already trying to find excuses why you're voting PC again so you can claim you had nothing to do with the province taking it from them again? Wildrose forced your hand, because some obscure person tangentially associated with them said something that doesn't fully agree with the tender sensibilities of downtown Calgary.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:37 AM

Could really care less about who bakes the pie, fact is I plain LOVE pie!

That some miscreant read this poster and took offense to it speaks loud and clear to how the offended one likely walks and talks.....and isn't someone that I would either want to listen to or associate with. People that have to read things and twist them into something offensive and then make noise about it are worse than the folks that do that sort of thing on purpose! I suspect that these are the same folks what weep for the return of the long gun registry and other Citiot types of things.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Oko, pull your dress down...your PC is showing.

It's not Wildrose policy. Look it up. You won't find anything about who is supposed to bake pies in society in the WR policy, and if you're afraid of the WR somehow forcing women back into kitchens, or Harper putting troops with guns on the streets, or some secret hidden right wing agenda, you are living in the standard liberal universe where logic eludes you.

Already trying to find excuses why you're voting PC again so you can claim you had nothing to do with the province taking it from them again? Wildrose forced your hand, because some obscure person tangentially associated with them said something that doesn't fully agree with the tender sensibilities of downtown Calgary.

sigh... try to read and understand what I'm actually writing Ruga. You say "It's not Wildrose policy. Look it up. You won't find anything about who is supposed to bake pies in society in the WR policy," I KNOW it's not. I'm sure WR doesn't give a damn who bakes the pies. So if it doesn't matter to you, why would you say "Bring your wife's pie" when any moron could see that it would bother a portion of the electorate. Why would you WANT to bother a part of the electorate over an issue you care nothing about?

This incident doesn't make me think the wildrose candidate and/or his staff are neanderthals. It just makes me think they are dumb. Its like that WR candidate who wanted to "get the brown people in front". You and I could agree that it was an unfortunate slip of the tongue, but it was politically just plain stupid and insensitive. Stupid enough that your leader had to sack him.

But as I said, please continue doing these sort of things, and then telling those who don't like it that they are idiots. Make them vote PC.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:46 AM

just dont bring your wifes cream pie
Old 04-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
sigh... try to read and understand what I'm actually writing Ruga. You say "It's not Wildrose policy. Look it up. You won't find anything about who is supposed to bake pies in society in the WR policy," I KNOW it's not. I'm sure WR doesn't give a damn who bakes the pies. So if it doesn't matter to you, why would you say "Bring your wife's pie" when any moron could see that it would bother a portion of the electorate. Why would you WANT to bother a part of the electorate over an issue you care nothing about?

This incident doesn't make me think the wildrose candidate and/or his staff are neanderthals. It just makes me think they are dumb. Its like that WR candidate who wanted to "get the brown people in front". You and I could agree that it was an unfortunate slip of the tongue, but it was politically just plain stupid and insensitive. Stupid enough that your leader had to sack him.

But as I said, please continue doing these sort of things, and then telling those who don't like it that they are idiots. Make them vote PC.
Sigh. Oh sigh. Yes...I'm "making" (see my previous post) you vote PC for pointing out that not everyone has to have the faux indignation that "wine tasters" do when some rural tradition or convention pops up in a grass roots party. Sigh.

The person that put that flyer out is likely the very sort of salt of the earth person that is making this world a better place. The type of person that we want getting involved in politics. Gone. Chased away by a bunch of scummy liberals and the media.
Not everyone is looking for hatred under every rock they can turn over.

Sigh.

Oh dear...sigh.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Sigh. Oh sigh. Yes...I'm making you vote PC for pointing out that not everyone has to have the faux indignation that "wine tasters" do when some rural tradition or convention pops up in a grass roots party. Sigh.

Sigh.

Oh dear...sigh.
LOL

Ruga, serious question here: Why do you think WR lost the last election when they were leading in the polls for most of the time leading up to the vote? Would you agree that the PC party was able to seize on a couple remarks of WR candidates and whip up a frenzy of fear that made people who had earlier said they supported WR change their mind and vote PC?

If you agree with the above, and you want to win the next election, is it wiser to

A) avoid giving the PC's any such ammo this time around? Would it have offended your rural base to say "Bring your best pie..."?

or

B) say "screw it. Anyone who didn't like what we said last time and voted PC is a citified pansy wine taster and we don't want their vote"?

Last edited by Okotokian; 04-17-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
LOL

Ruga, serious question here: Why do you think WR lost the last election when they were leading in the polls for most of the time leading up to the vote? Would you agree that the PC party was able to seize on a couple remarks of WR candidates and whip up a frenzy of fear that made people who had earlier said they supported WR change their mind and vote PC?

If you agree with the above, nd you want to win the next election, is it wiser to

A) avoid giving the PC's any such ammo this time around? or

B) say "screw it. Anyone who didn't like what we said last time and voted PC is a citified pansy and we don't want their vote"?
I'm not a moron, so I cannot possibly know what every person that voted PC last election was thinking.

And yes...I suck at capitulating to citified pansies.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
That's exactly it.

This can be spun to be an example of continuing socially regressive attitude of the WR. I would have thought it would have been made clear to candidates to take extreme steps to be politically correct, given the implosion of the 2012 election.
Socially regressive?
That shouldn't even be used as a negative considering where society has gone.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:

And yes...I suck at capitulating to citified pansies.
That's "citified pansy wine tasters".

Anyway, if none of this is going to change anyone's mind as you guys here say, then I'm not sure why WR are complaining. So what if the media jump all over this? It apparently means nothing and will sway no one.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sigh. Oh sigh. Yes...I'm "making" (see my previous post) you vote PC for pointing out that not everyone has to have the faux indignation that "wine tasters" do when some rural tradition or convention pops up in a grass roots party. Sigh.

The person that put that flyer out is likely the very sort of salt of the earth person that is making this world a better place. The type of person that we want getting involved in politics. Gone. Chased away by a bunch of scummy liberals and the media.
Not everyone is looking for hatred under every rock they can turn over.

Sigh.

Oh dear...sigh.

I went outside to see if the moon was blue.

It had to be. I'm agreeing with Rugatika on virtually everyone of his posts in this thread.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Banned

Yup:

Here we have "Piegate" while important issues like health care, education, Alberta's environment...et al are thrown to the side.

If it were not "pie" some other stupid issue would have been brought to the surface by the Drive By Ryerson lowlife journalists.

The media hates the Wildrose.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:04 PM

This isn't about pie at all. Its about using any little morsel of info that trickles out between the carefully crafted words of politicians in order to get a read on what they REALLY stand for. No party is going to come out and be honest about all their motives and beliefs or they'd never get elected. But if one is to vote for a party that most reflects their beliefs then one has to look past the carefully controlled political headlines. If I were a woman that poster wouldn't necessarily freak me out but it'd certainly have me concerned about what WR attitudes might be towards women's issues. Of course that is not big deal to a traditional male country bumkin...just like guns rights don't register on the radar of most non-hunting folk. We all, citiot and simpleton country bumpkin alike, care about what affects ME.

How would those here feel if the WR sent out poster for a meeting on developing their platform for wildlife management and targeted their poster at Sierra Club members...would that not get you wondering about unspoken motivations regardless of what the party has claimed they stand for in headlines.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
This isn't about pie at all. Its about using any little morsel of info that trickles out between the carefully crafted words of politicians in order to get a read on what they REALLY stand for. No party is going to come out and be honest about all their motives and beliefs or they'd never get elected. But if one is to vote for a party that most reflects their beliefs then one has to look past the carefully controlled political headlines. If I were a woman that poster wouldn't necessarily freak me out but it'd certainly have me concerned about what WR attitudes might be towards women's issues. Of course that is not big deal to a traditional male country bumkin...just like guns rights don't register on the radar of most non-hunting folk. We all, citiot and simpleton country bumpkin alike, care about what affects ME.

How would those here feel if the WR sent out poster for a meeting on developing their platform for wildlife management and targeted their poster at Sierra Club members...would that not get you wondering about unspoken motivations regardless of what the party has claimed they stand for in headlines.

And there you have it folks. The secret agenda is ut of the bag. It's not about pie at all it's about a secret meeting with the tree huggers. I knew it. Thank goodness for the Alcoa Advantage.

Looking at the total cluster that is Alberta government today, the only thing negative to say about WR is those dummies like pie.

Hi there, Hi there, How's your pie there, will be heard from the prairies to the mountains after the election.

Is that a pie in your pants or did you crap yourself?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand