Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-26-2013, 12:48 PM

It's a wet tan, has a two week drying period. Havested him on Nov 23/13 he's ready for pickup as we speak.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:16 PM

Beautiful!

That is an amazing animal right there Sir. Great work and a very fast turn around. This is the first I've heard of one coming back and being ready so fast. Only other time I have heard of such is when someone did the work themself and even then I believe it was not done quite so quickly... Certainly can't recall the mount looking so fine, either!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
Beautiful!

That is an amazing animal right there Sir. Great work and a very fast turn around. This is the first I've heard of one coming back and being ready so fast. Only other time I have heard of such is when someone did the work themself and even then I believe it was not done quite so quickly... Certainly can't recall the mount looking so fine, either!
Brian Dobson at Artistic does amazing work, it was a surprise to me when he said he'd have it ready for Christmas. He said he only does a couple of favors a year and mine was one of them, said he was doing a big horn for another fella. Gonna make the trip down to E-town to pick it up next week. Big thanks to his shop hand Brandon for helping me out with loading him out and caping.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:48 PM

Very nice deer and very nice mount.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:06 PM

Talking

Brian does fantastic work. Nice buck!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:50 PM

beautiful mount!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:53 PM

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekerp View Post
May I ask how did you get your cape tanned so quickly? Who tanned it? Beautiful deer by the way! Congratulations!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaShedHunter View Post
X2
Read post 34
Old 12-27-2013, 07:26 PM

Great deer. You might have discussed with Brian before announcing to the world that your deer was turned around as a favor when there is probably dozens of clients deer in there waiting to be done.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:30 PM

Default Great Taxidermy

I believe he said Brandon called in a favor. I haven't asked Brian, but I know he relies a lot on Brandon and he goes above and beyond the call of duty for Brian and is very loyal. If Brandon called in a favor I can guarantee Brian came in on a weekend and did it for him. Also Brian does a few tans himself and is a wizard on the fleshing machine. Likely formic pickled with a synthetic true-bond tan. Top knotch mount, as usual. Congrats
Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I believe he said Brandon called in a favor. I haven't asked Brian, but I know he relies a lot on Brandon and he goes above and beyond the call of duty for Brian and is very loyal. If Brandon called in a favor I can guarantee Brian came in on a weekend and did it for him. Also Brian does a few tans himself and is a wizard on the fleshing machine. Likely formic pickled with a synthetic true-bond tan. Top knotch mount, as usual. Congrats
I don't know Brian or Brandon, but I know Team Anzac and he knows Brandon. Brandon caped it out for him and arranged the deal.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:38 PM

Hey sky walker post the pics of jans polar bear would like to see them, when did they kill them
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM

Wow that fast I would hate to guess how much you had to pay to get it done that's fast i know guys who have waited like 2 yrs or more from him. Do you mined telling us what it takes to get a mount back that quick sweet deer and congrats
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Botox
Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 PM

??? What did it cost u to pull strings I have buddy's still waiting for heads from him like 2yrs why won't u tell us all $$$$
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold85 View Post
??? What did it cost u to pull strings I have buddy's still waiting for heads from him like 2yrs why won't u tell us all $$$$
I have all the deer mounted from last year get your faxes straight
Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM

Ok it may have been they got there heads back from 2 yrs ago just would like I know what it would cost a guy to get one back this fast from you sweet mount to
Old 12-31-2013, 09:21 AM
AO Sponsor

he paid the same as all my customers pay. I came in on a sunday to mount it not that is any bodys business. end of story
Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Taxidermy View Post
he paid the same as all my customers pay. I came in on a sunday to mount it not that is any bodys business. end of story
Your work speaks for itself, worth the wait, no matter a week or a year.

If I ever shoot a big buck it'll be coming your way, no questions.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:49 PM

Nice I'm not saying a Long wait sucks or anything it's worth it for good work I would wait if I had to for a top notch mount and its worth paying the price for it to because it will be on the wall for a long time thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 01:24 PM

Hey Cold. If you dont like the wait pleanty of crappy taxidermists around that can turn them aroung faster. I know I have used a few of them. As a matter of fact I have one sitting with Brian now getting fixed because of a bad/Lazy taxidermist. For my money I will wait.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM

I don't mined the wait one bit I never said I did all I said is wow that's some fast why don't you read a bit there bud
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 PM

And I would never use a crappy taxidermist rule 101 look at the work b4 u drop something off to get done Alex Brian and Marco are the 3 best I have ever seen
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM

Out of my excitement of a beautiful mount and harvested animal. I jumped the gun and posted pics on this forum, there was never any intent to upset anyone. I should have done the math and realized that there were most likely other folks out there that are still waiting for last seasons mounts. There's a good chance that I may have screwed up a good thing with AT, I apologize from the bottom of heart to Brian. I've learned a lesson here, I will never post another pic on here. Hunting brings out the best and worst in people. I am however greatful for the beutiful deer I was able to harvest and doubly greatful for the work that was done. I'm sure that Brian did not put anyone on the back burner to get mine done.
Happy New Year
Robin
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 PM

Thumbs up

That looks awesome! congrats to you
Old 12-31-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Taxidermy View Post
You mean taxidermy is not an eight to five job? I worked on my own animal from 10pm to 11:30 pm last night, oops shouldn't have said that.
Deer looks great Brian
Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Shovel View Post
You mean taxidermy is not an eight to five job? I worked on my own animal from 10pm to 11:30 pm last night, oops shouldn't have said that.
Deer looks great Brian
I mounted one of my dall sheep boxing day my bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:53 PM

Robin,

It would be ashame if anyone did stop posting pics. That is one of best parts of the site and being proud to show off your animal should not be something that anyone should feel bad about. I do favors for people in my business all the time and showing loyalty for great customers is allowed. I just have to be careful not to let some people know as there noses get out of joint. Please don't stop being part of the site or letting some people who have nothing better to do than start crap. By the way great deer.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:05 PM

There are a lot of good people on this site, I'm sure I may have disappointed a few along the way with remarks I may have posted. Thanks Diamond you've brought light to the situation that I never seen before.

Regards
Robin

Everyone have a safe and Happy New Years.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM

A sponsor really shouldn't have to defend himself on here I wouldn't think... maybe its time this just gets deleted or locked before the gloves really come off ....as usual great job Dobson !!! Jealousy has killed more people than Guns , just saying.