Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
The point of my comment was more intended to focus on the "friends" that only seem to call when they need something. Also, the type of people that look down on something (like driving a pickup) until it's something they need.

You have both, so likely don't see things that way. If you join in with that group and chastize those that drive pickups, then drive your truck on the weekend, then maybe you are a walking contradiction.
I think you are a bit confused?? I wasn't Chastising anyone, I was merely stating that i was both a sub compact car owner aswell as a gas guzzling 4x4 truck owner i have no issues with either group of people.??
Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dave C
The point of my comment was more intended to focus on the "friends" that only seem to call when they need something. Also, the type of people that look down on something (like driving a pickup) until it's something they need.

You have both, so likely don't see things that way. If you join in with that group and chastize those that drive pickups, then drive your truck on the weekend, then maybe you are a walking contradiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rog Man View Post
I think you are a bit confused?? I wasn't Chastising anyone, I was merely stating that i was both a sub compact car owner aswell as a gas guzzling 4x4 truck owner i have no issues with either group of people.??

Don't be so sensitive. I think you are confused. I am not saying you were, nor did I know that you had a both. If you are not the type to attack pickup truck firearms or pickup owners, then call on these people in times of need (which I am sure you are not) then FORGET ABOUT IT! This does not apply to you at all.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Default Guns and ammo...

WHAT HAS ANY OF THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE CATAGORY?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Well, it did start out being about a PAL application...which is needed to buy guns and ammo...so in the beginning it was! But then it kinda sidetracked from there.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
I am, especially since I was a reference for one of them on his passport application, and the passport photo guarantor for the other. Go figure.

The third person I asked (and the one I thought might say "No"), was the only one to care to have a conversation about it. She asked "Why do you need this?" I told her (so I can purchase a rifle for my son, who is not yet 18, to use at the range). She then said she'd do it. Nice and simple.
Until I saw the "his passport application" I thought you were asking your women friends. So I guess my advice wouldn't be particularly useful by telling you to stick to men.....manly men (men unlike myself ).