View Poll Results: What do you think of Alberta's special licence draw system
I like Alberta's draw system the way it is. 53 36.30%
I would like to see some changes to the draw system 74 50.68%
I think the draw system "sucks" and needs a BIG overhaul 19 13.01%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
That's the way that it's supposed to work but I've experienced the same thing. My buddy got drawn for moose at pri 0 and I didn't get drawn at pri 1. I'll bet that this thread could be filled with similar stories.........all first hand. I have a problem with that as well. I figure that they should get the current system working before trying to "enhance" it with a new system.
Hi Dave .. can you get the paper on that issue you are refering too as i would love to see a 0 getting drawn before a 1.the record is still there. not going to say anymore..just show the paper work or it did not happen. not meant to be taken as being snotty.

remember if you get a Cow moose draw or calf draw you will not get a Bull draw for that year and you will drop to 0 the next year for moose

ps the drawn priorty system is being used in some States. but where it is being used you can not apply again once you have been drawn for those once in a lifetime draws.. and where it is a Lottery i thought it was the same but don,t quote me, just putting it out there

David
Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmaster View Post
I agree with pesky672 the GUIDES get way to many tags! We spend 4 or five years to get draw for muley and 10+ years to get drawn for moose. In my eyes you should have to be a resident to get a moose tag. Why should guides get any tags! they say every year there is less resident hunters in alberta but who wants to wait that long to get a moose tag or muley tag.
once again saskatchewan fish and wildlife have us. NO muley, no moose tags for non resident hunters. Guides can only operate in northern sask. for white tails. If guides could only operate in the green zone in northern alberta maybe alberta landowners wouldn't be so against hunters. Seems like the only landowners who like guides are the ones getting paid by the guides.

the draw system works well we just need to put the tags back in the hands of alberta hunters
x2.....
Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Hi Dave .. can you get the paper on that issue you are refering too as i would love to see a 0 getting drawn before a 1.the record is still there. not going to say anymore..just show the paper work or it did not happen. not meant to be taken as being snotty.
What paperwork? He got drawn and I didn't.........there's no paperwork. Maybe Honda450 can chime in on this one because he was with us. The fella's name was Ralf and he got a bull moose draw in wmu 506 his first year putting in for it.....pri 0, and I didn't get drawn at pri 1. Honda450 had a cow moose tag which he filled. If I remember correctly the draw results showed half of pri 1 people getting drawn that year and no pri 0 getting drawn.

Maybe you should should start a new thread to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing with people with lower pri than them getting drawn.

And no, I'm not HWF with a different AO account.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Gone Hunting

Hunter dave
sorry if I misunderstood what you were getting at.

"My buddy got drawn for moose at pri 0 and I didn't get drawn at pri 1. I'll bet that this thread could be filled with similar stories...."

Not sure I understand this ether. Are you saying you applied by your self for WMU XXX and had seen that your priority was P1 and your friend who also applied by himself definitely (you saw the screen or paper work) had P0 and was drawn in that same WMUXXX?

I hear lots of stories like this but most often in the details it comes out that the guy with the high priority applied with someone with less P. Or they were applying for Antlered moose but in different WMUs or something like that.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
Not sure I understand this ether. Are you saying you applied by your self for WMU XXX and had seen that your priority was P1 and your friend who also applied by himself definitely (you saw the screen or paper work) had P0 and was drawn in that same WMUXXX?
I was pri 1 and applied for bull moose in wmu 506 and did not get drawn. I had no tag.

Ralf was pri 0 and applied for bull moose in wmu 506 and did get drawn. He had a tag.

The system failed in this instance for whatever reason. How, I do not know?

I'm going to pm Honda450. I'm sure that he'll remember this because it was discussed at great length.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
What paperwork? He got drawn and I didn't.........there's no paperwork. Maybe Honda450 can chime in on this one because he was with us. The fella's name was Ralf and he got a bull moose draw in wmu 506 his first year putting in for it.....pri 0, and I didn't get drawn at pri 1. Honda450 had a cow moose tag which he filled. If I remember correctly the draw results showed half of pri 1 people getting drawn that year and no pri 0 getting drawn.

Maybe you should should start a new thread to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing with people with lower pri than them getting drawn.

And no, I'm not HWF with a different AO account.
Ralf's file will show that he had applied once for cow moose/calf/bull in a differn,t zone and did not get drawn the year before or years before. and yes Ralf is right that was the first time he had applied for 506 . the paper i ask for is available for you and for Ralf since the draw process started..

if i look on mine i can see when i got drawn and what zone and what priorty i got drawn , i am priorty 6 on Grizz(years ago can,t hunt now) and 6 on Turkey as i have been injured last number of years and did not apply Turkey and i can print a paper copy of that or ask them to send me that copy. i also have ask the local office to show me the draws for a given area(all Stats) before it was available online as they had a paper copy or could get one

but the earlier post is right the data entry cleck could of made a mistake as i posted human error could of happened .. just you have the opportunity to check the system and report error's and get them to insure that its is right.

most case as posted on other threads the mistake was made when someone put's in with more than one person . ex 1 -440 zone 2-346 zone 3-506 zone and you apply with Fred(Bill4/Dave3) and he is a 0 then then whole group drops to 0
or other mistakes like that

but hey i could be wrong i am human. correct the system is what i am saying it is fair if working proper.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

The reason that I'm certain about Ralf being pri 0 is because that was his first year hunting and he had never put in for a draw for anything anywhere.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Dave did you take this info to your MLA's office and ask them to get you a answer.. if not please do and get a answer in writing would love to see post in a week or so

Food for Thought
David
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Dave did you take this info to your MLA's office and ask them to get you a answer.. if not please do and get a answer in writing would love to see post in a week or so

Food for Thought
David
No, I won't be bothering my MLA with this issue but I started a different thread for you that ought to keep you busy.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=107694
Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM

personally I think that the system is pretty decent for residents, the only changes are the 10+ year draws should be moved over to lottery, any season with 5+ year wait should not be available to non-residents/guides. Non-residents should have to enter draws as well for anything that residents have to enter, fair is fair. There should also be a little more transparency on landowner tags (publicly published and they should only be able to account for a certain percentage of animals in the zone) I'm not opposed to them in fact hope to partake in them one day but it needs more transparency. Those are just my 2 cents.