Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
FisherPotch

Default Re: Not at All

Would you agree that if people didn't know who u are that you could voice your opinion more publicly? Without any backlash do to the fact that you'd be anonymous.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:05 PM
sheep hunter

Hey, I voice my opinion publically when I have one...lol Just ask a few of the guys on here. :lol

Never been afraid to speak my piece about our resources and our passions. It's got me in trouble before and likely will again but it is something I am very passionate about and not afraid to speak about. I'm sure Rob shudders many months when I send my AO column in but to his credit he publishes them as is.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM
FiveO

Keep telling it like it is.

Alot of folks put lipstick on a topic but as the saying goes you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Andrzej77

I like to read Outdoor related topics on this board but once you guys start personal debates I JUST LEAVE those posts and I am amazed how much time is wasted....It is like watching ads on hunting shaws...
Andrew
Old 03-06-2007, 05:51 PM
sheep hunter

Good anology!!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 PM
FisherPotch

I like the fact that AO publishes your columns raw n uncut.
Considering how this thread started we sure got off topic here. Lol were supposed to sheep bashing!!:rollin
Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 PM
sheep hunter

Crap...another hijacked thread...lol
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Tucumseh

Quote:
Would you agree that if people didn't know who u are that you could voice your opinion more publicly? Without any backlash do to the fact that you'd be anonymous.
I got to laugh at that one....Heeee Heeès just a feller with a hole in his azz like you and I. And he has no problem voicing his opinion, right or wrong...

There, the threads back on topic!:rolleyes
Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
sheep hunter

Quote:
Heeee Heeès just a feller with a hole in his azz like you and I.
Couldn't agree with you more Tuc...thanks for pointing that out and for bringing the thread back on topic.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM
osterb

Quote:
As for early 90's regulation, I can't comment. I wasn't a gun owner in the early 90's and pretty unaware of the laws then. Not sure what was allowed then that isn't now.
Essentially a few militaristic rifles. HK series rifles (91-93) FN fal's, Steyr aug ar180 etc.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: Question for Sheep

Hey Sheep. I was looking through some of the bio's on some of the registered users, and was suprised at the ages. Some of the people we respond to are pretty young (age 16 being the youngest). It just made me feel a little sick in regards to how the, 'Black Guns/Assult Rifles thread ended up, and we are all to blame. There's kids out there looking to us for our help and opinions as experienced guys they look up to, and I can only imagine how disheartening it must be to (general reference, to no one specific), to be called names and told that they were stupid, idiotic, assinine, etc, by people they look(ed) up too. For all we know, guys like tuc, oko and walleyes could be these kids who are now disillusioned and may leave our sport behind forever.

I have the luxury of being not know or connected to anyone, however, you do not. Please try to remember that sometimes. Excellent typing skills can sometimes hurt us all! lol
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
sheep hunter

Tuc and walleyes are much older than 16 Tree.....Oko I don't know.

No offence Tree but you do try to speak for too many people on this site. Speak for yourself and quit trying to be the mediator and quit putting words in other people's mouths. I'm sure you have lots to contribute but worry about your own affairs and not those of everyone else.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Re: Question

Put me down as one of those for whom Tree speaks. Excellent words of advice. Zumbo just lost his job for his thoughtless typing skills. I don't know who was the latest barb at the end of sheeps keyboard but as long as he is allowed to post on this board they won't be the last. M70 said sheep was brave for putting this thread up - I see it merely as a further display of his arrogant and aggressive behavior which he continues to display. Too bad.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM
BrownBear416

Default re

Why do we have to fight about everything...
>:
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Tucumseh

Gheez sheep, you asked for it and again your getting it. Too bad some cant see the forest for the trees.
Keep up the good work buddy, Im sure you are the only person hurting your reputation.

P.S. are we still on trackÉ
Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 PM
sheep hunter

Huh? You still ****ed off cause I didn't fawn all over you that time we met Tuc. Geeze man, time to take that chip off your shoulder. Thought we handled this all in private but I guess you weren't getting enough attention there. Next time we meet how bout I give you a big hug and we can sing Kumbaya together all will be well in Tuc land! Didn't like my honestly in my PM Tuc?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: My flame towards Sheep...

Sheep, I wasn't trying to speak for anyone but myself. Iwas just trying to respond to your thread in a mature and respectful manner.

If Iwas a young kid participating in a discussion with people that I respected and looked up to, I would feel a little bit disheartened with being put down, called names or told that my opinion was assinine.

Sheep, I haven't put my professional reputation on the line here, you have. I feel that the threads loose credibility, when maturity is lost and anger takes over. That's all.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Tucumseh

Default Re: My flame towards Sheep...

Quote:
Huh? You still ****ed off cause I didn't fawn all over you that time we met Tuc. Geeze man, time to take that chip off your shoulder. Thought we handled this all in private but I guess you weren't getting enough attention there. Next time we meet how bout I give you a big hug and we can sing Kumbaya together all will be well in Tuc land! Didn't like my honestly in my PM Tuc?
Ok Sheep, if you want to get personal I will tell my side of the story............................................. ..................

Thats right about 3 years ago I stepped into the office at the Calgary Sportsman Show to say hello to TJ. I said, hi, you must be TJ, I am Tuc from the Outdoorsmen forum (better know as Ron _ _ _ _ _ ) The guy never moved, he continued to lean against the wall, looked at me like I had two heads and never uttered a word. Talk about feeling uncomfortable.... I politely excused myself and said I better get back to work. (was running a petition for Rob) I thought to myself, what an unfriendly guy, Ill never go out of my way to speak to him again, nor have I, nor will I ever in the future.

I hope the mods dont shut this one down. After all Sheep started it and the name of the thread is ..Flame Away Boys... I do hope we keep the thread on track!

P.S.
Sheep let me remind you of something. You pounced on me for saying what I said in public. In our PMs I appoligized for that and told you I should have put it in your EZinbox. Now you take my private message and make it public. Id have to say, thats the pot calling the kettle, BLACK AZZ, wouldnt you agree. I also have another word for it but I will not type it here....Im sure you can figure it out.

Keep up the good work TJ...Im totally amazed at your brilliance.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 AM
sheep hunter

Default Not how I remember it

Tuc you were the one that brought this back to the public, I was happy to let it die in private.

On the other matter, that's not quite how I remember things Tuc but it was a few years ago. I remember the fact that I was working at the show, actually for the show and you had been asked not to walk around the show with the petition and were subsequently asked to leave the show. I remember you being cocky and paying no attention to the requests of the show management. I remember you being a real embarassment for outdoorsmen. That might be why I didn't fawn all over you but I will guarantee that I never ignored you and that I was never rude to you. Sorry if we didn't become best buddies but I wasn't about to pretend I liked you when you were acting with so little respect.

That wasn't a "wow, he has two heads" look, it was a "wow, I can't believe how rude and inconsiderate this guy is being in my place of business." look. I think it was shortly thereafter that you were kicked out of the show!

That's how I recall our first meeting.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Mackaylake

Default Re: Not how I remember it

Well, I must say, Tuc and I have very seldom seen eye to eye. But I sure see where he is coming from on this topic. I only knew Sheep as an outdoors writer before this forum. Now I know him as an arrogant, rude , my way or the hiway, jerk that writes about the outdoors. Your reputation is sure taking a plunge. Maybe you should read through your post's as a third person (I know that's tough to do) but you just might see what all the flamer's are talking about.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 AM
bigbore

Default meh

only on AO......tune in next week
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Tuc

Default Tuc

Quote:
Huh? You still ****ed off cause I didn't fawn all over you that time we met Tuc
Poor tuc sounds like his feelings are hurt.
Quote:
Geeze man, time to take that chip off your shoulder.
That is a tuff one when he is full of arogance.
Quote:
That's not quite how I remember things Tuc but it was a few years ago. I remember the fact that I was working at the show, actually for the show and you had been asked not to walk around the show with the petition and were subsequently asked to leave the show. I remember you being cocky and paying no attention to the requests of the show management.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol I would of loved to see that dont blame anyone for not FAWNING over tuc

Quote:
That wasn't a "wow, he has two heads" look, it was a "wow, I can't believe how rude and inconsiderate this guy is being in my place of business." look. I think it was shortly thereafter that you were kicked out of the show!
sounds to me tuc had it comeing great reading there sheephunter thanks for starting my day out right.:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin
Old 03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
sheep hunter

Default Re: Tuc

Quote:
M70 said sheep was brave for putting this thread up - I see it merely as a further display of his arrogant and aggressive behavior which he continues to display. Too bad.

It wasn't bravery or arrogance alta. Things were getting to a point on this site where many posts were being hijacked by those that wanted to take shots at me. Many members and myself included thought it was detracting from the quality information that is so often shared on this board. My only intent of putting up this thread was to help clean up the board and give those that are so intent at taking unprovoked attacks at me a venue to do so. Guess if that sounds arrogant so be it but I did it with the best of intentions and in truth, the rest of the board is pretty clean right now and for people that are tired of reading the crap, they only have to skip over one thread right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Tucumseh

TJ let me refresh your memory. Along with your arrogance and greater than thou attitude, I see you have a tendancy to twist the truth. I'm quite shocked that you can write such lies when you oringinally said this in our private messages.
Quote:
I honestly don't remember meeting you and if I appeared arrogant I'm sorry.
TJ are you going to deny this statement. If so I invite the mods to go into my EZ Inbox and read exactly what he wrote.

Now Mr. Schwanky let me tell you and everyone else what did happen. I was standing at the inside entrance door with the petition collecting names for well over an hour before I seen you in the administrators office leaning against a wall or petition. I recongnized you from your pictures in the AO magazine. As perviously stated, I went over and introduced myself to you, etc.
TJ, why would I be rude to you or anyone else if I never met you before??? HuH? :rolleyes I actually wanted to meet the man behind the column in the magazine. With that said, I did not especially go to this show to meet you...I went to collect names for the MIHA petition set up by Rob.
I don't know if you were having a bad day or what, you did say (in the PM) someone had made a death threat against you over the MIHA. I was sorry to hear that.

Anyrate, back to my story, shortly after I left the office a lady from inside came out and introduced herself as the administrator and told me her name which I can't remember. She told me we were not allowed to petition in front of the doorway or in on the floor. I appoligized to the lady and told her I didn't know this nor neither did Rob or he wouldn't have sent me there, for that was our game plan. The lady also informed me that I was very welcome to take the petition back to the AO booth and continue from there. After we finished chatting, I did just that. I then talked to Paul about my conversation with the lady. I told Paul, I was willing to stay at the booth and collect signatures from there. Paul and another gent already had a petition running from the booth and he told me it was ok he had enough help. Paul also suggested I'd stand outside the main entrance and collect a few more names. I did so for awhile but remember it was very cold so I didn't stay long and left. If memory serves me correct, I either emailed Rob or phoned him and told him about my conversation with the lady at the show.

Thats the truth and the whole truth so TJ watch what you say.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
sheep hunter

You are correct Tuc, I did say I didn't recal meeting you in a private e-mail with you but then you refreshed my memory as to who you were and then I remembered all too well.

Anyhow Tuc, enough of this crap. We are never going to be friends so let's just drop things. You remember me being rude and I remember you being rude...what does it matter anyhow???? What does this have to do with hunting and fishing and trapping in Alberta. I'm really getting bored of all these personal slags and would much rather get back to talking about our real passions.

Tuc, I know you did a lot in regards to the IMHA and for that I have a ton of respect for you and wish more people would step up like you did but this tirade you are on right now is serving no purpose at all. Let's drop it...k?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Re: Tuc

Default Re: Tuc

The psychologists won't be getting rich trying to fix the Sheep's broken ego.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Ok

Default Ok

Ron Wrote."Please don't think I want to be your friend. Not for a second bud."

"Anyhow Tuc, enough of this crap. We are never going to be friends so let's just drop things". I think he beat you to the punch there ron. :rollin :rollin
Old 03-07-2007, 01:38 PM
osterb

Default Re: Ok

I thought this thread was originally a joke :rolleyes

Apparently It's a comedy fest :rollin :rollin :rollin

IBTL
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
blaah! blaaah! blaaah!

Default blaah! blaaah! blaaah!

Some people are legends...only in their own minds.

Who cares!!!!

when you get to feeling like you are someone important...try ordering someone else's dog around.

Somebody call a waaaaambulance.:rolleyes :rolleyes

doesn't anyone hunt anymore??

It's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps anymore to visit this board.:rolleyes
Old 03-07-2007, 02:02 PM
bigbore

Default Re: what a load of SH!T

you know what makes this forum so popular over most others?? The amount of witch hunting, fighting over religion, sexual orientation, Treaty and Metis hunting rights, etc etc etc.

this forum has been on a downhill rollercoaster for a while now, and if you havent seen it, YOUR BLIND!

maybe not in the amount of posting that goes on daily, but the amount of personal attacks and plain old bullsh!t.

you say SHeep attacks everyone and its his way or the highway. But ive noticed alot of old thread where TJ's opinion didnt amount to nothing, or in firearm discussions , the "BIG SHOT kNOw IT ALL FIRE ARM JUNKIES" tried to put him in his place.

TJ takes it on the chin with the sh!T stick as much as anybody, on this bloody forum. Just since hes out there Promoting the sport maybe its just a bit more fun to stick it to him.

The changes Rob is making to this forum will not change its course. Anyone who has been here from the start of the forum should know what im talking about, and TUC, you are one of those people.

Ive meet TJ at the outdoor shows, I enjoy his writing, and look forward to meeting him again in edmonton at this years show.

He shows some class guys, which "sometimes" is more than i can say for you Tuc, and i know im sometimes no better so dont think im trying to say im better than you either. We've had our differences and probably always will.

An example of which i speak is my 2005 Whitetail, when everyone posted up the old, hey nice buck, congrats, etc etc , which is great..... TJ, actual gave me a PM out of the blue to give me a pat on the back. Which again he repeated with my 2006 elk.........................

..........we all know i have a treaty card, and have a choice................. but what did you do Tuc? You posted that you saw the orange tag and said you know i didnt have to buy that. what is that anyways? with that you separated me from everyone else.

Now come on every body...................

DON'T CHIME IN ALL AT ONCE!!!!!

......i know for a fact that there are alot more people who support TJ than there has been bashing him.

maybe they are afraid of getting raked over the coals???? just maybe. But im not afraid to stand up for my 2 cents.

its going to take all of us to get this place back to the way it used to be. Sounds like a great time to start

IBTL