Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM

Default Wtf

I had a guy that was looking for a single shot 22 that he wanted to train his dog. I told him he could have it for a case of beer. We miscomunicated a couple of times and I have not heard from him since. I would have given him the gun for nothing if he would have told me he couldn't afford a case of beer. I think that one was priced right. Worked out good anyway, I gave it to a guy for his young one that he was teaching to shoot.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 PM

Its called "Return on Investment"
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM

When the gun shows are in Calgary, dealers often go to WSS, Bass and Cambodain Tire and stock up on things like standard brand center fire ammo, Super X 06, 270 and 308 and bulk rimfire ammo. Lay a couple boxes on table write a price on masking tape. Most preople that are not in the know think that it must be a deal because it is on a table with the used stuff

I know of one store that used to suggest that they were limiting amount of rimfire ammuntion sold during the show because they did not want it sold for a profit. Nothing like a limit to enourage gun show dealers to get their friends to help them with a straw purchase to beat the limit. I hope the gun show dealers made money because the store sure did

I know a couple fellows who just like to go to the show and set up a table and BS with their friends. If some of their overpriced stuff sells that is a bonus

Some go to the shows hoping to find something that the dealers don't know the true value of. Most seasoned vets of the shows have a well worn blue book and know exactly the value and it is hard to beat them at their own game.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned

All that being said, I'm a huge fan of P.T. Barnum's famous phrase. And I plan to be there every minute of it.