Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
At this point, the POS stepping down would be a bad thing. More and more people seem to be waking up and realizing how much of an idiot he really is.
The worst part of him stepping down would be the liberal voters would have someone new and shiny to replace him that they wil beleive will do wonderful things for us.

The Turd needs to run or the liberal voters will vote for the next special person they elect.
Old 12-29-2022, 01:04 PM

I think he should try running. And once he is the candidate for ze/zhe riding. The other parties should focus on corruption and false promises. Turn the election into a grade 4 poo flinging contest, just like he turned the country into. Shame the other parties into calling for ze/zhe dismissal from the election. Maybe have someone start a class action lawsuit against ze)zhe personally and start buying more billboards and tv ad space.

Obliviously the LPC has no shame but maybe the rest of the population will start looking into the mirror
Old 12-29-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
So far I think Albertas sovereignty act is nothing more than fluff

As for separation too many people fear risk and change and there is no strong political force that will bring separation into reality
We hear all the time that "Too many people fear risk and change". How do you know that? Every day that goes by under the thumb of The Turd strengthens and justifies the need for separation.
If Danielle Smith can't make any headway and if PP can't get elected there is simply no other choice. If Quebec can have sovereignty why not the west?
My biggest fear is a Notley 2.0. That would effectively stifle separation as an alternative and ruin any hope of resisting Ottawa.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
We hear all the time that "Too many people fear risk and change". How do you know that? Every day that goes by under the thumb of The Turd strengthens and justifies the need for separation.
If Danielle Smith can't make any headway and if PP can't get elected there is simply no other choice. If Quebec can have sovereignty why not the west?
My biggest fear is a Notley 2.0. That would effectively stifle separation as an alternative and ruin any hope of resisting Ottawa.
Run a poll here on AO and I bet you will find a good portion who oppose separation. Now with the demographics here leaning more to the right than if you compare Albertas major cities you would likely find less support for separation if all of Alberta was to vote

As for fearing change it is human nature thing. Most people are not risk takers and stick to what they know or the sure thing. It’s why a lot of people never move too far away from where they grew up and stay near family. It’s why you will watch people stay in an area with a crap economy where they struggle and never get ahead in life. I am not one of these people and have been a gypsy to get ahead in life instead. I hear people all the time how can you do it? Don’t you worry it won’t work?

I am in support of separation myself but I don’t fear risk like most
Old 12-29-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big zeke View Post
Believe he should definately run in 2023...

Off a cliff

Into a volcano

Into a tigers cage

In this case him running will benefit everyone

Sunny days and sunny ways my friends, this stuff will balance itself
Should Trudeau run?
Off a rooftop
Into a hail of bullets
Off a long pier
Into traffic
Into a brick wall
Into a pit of vipers
Into a KKK meeting wearing blackface
Through a sawmill
With scissors
Through a prison naked
Through a cactus patch naked
Through Ukraine singing "Patrioticheskaya Pesnya"
Over Niagara Falls
Old 12-30-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Run a poll here on AO and I bet you will find a good portion who oppose separation. Now with the demographics here leaning more to the right than if you compare Albertas major cities you would likely find less support for separation if all of Alberta was to vote

As for fearing change it is human nature thing. Most people are not risk takers and stick to what they know or the sure thing. It’s why a lot of people never move too far away from where they grew up and stay near family. It’s why you will watch people stay in an area with a crap economy where they struggle and never get ahead in life. I am not one of these people and have been a gypsy to get ahead in life instead. I hear people all the time how can you do it? Don’t you worry it won’t work?

I am in support of separation myself but I don’t fear risk like most
I’m for separation. The sooner the better
Old 12-30-2022, 10:38 PM

Alberta is being run into the ground by the Trudeau Liberals. Separation sounds good to me.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:44 PM

As good as separation sounds we can’t support a party that has no chance of beating the turd. CPC is the only option.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
As good as separation sounds we can’t support a party that has no chance of beating the turd. CPC is the only option.
Separation has to begin at the Provincial level, with a referendum. Voting CPC doesn't preclude that. The pragmatist in me agrees that the CPC is the only option federally, and will get my vote.

Provincially? Who knows what will transpire in the next year. Danielle insists that she and her party are in no way separatist, but she's savvy enough to recognize a movement when she sees one.

I won't argue the risk/reward of separation, everyone has to do their own research and satisfy themselves. Every objection that can be raised will be, and all will have a solution if we have the will.

I understand the risks involved, but the prize at the end of the battle makes it a worthwhile struggle. Bring it.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:45 AM

For all of you that think PP is all that and a bag of chips. These guys are ALL the same.

https://twitter.com/drpphillipsmd/st...e5XfVPxSwic0iA
Old 12-31-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
For all of you that think PP is all that and a bag of chips. These guys are ALL the same.

Don’t get your panties in a knot!!! Believe nothing of what you hear a half of what you see.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:

So you are upset that PP wants healthy Chinese entering our country as opposed to sick Chinese? What is the purpose of our borders if we don’t control them?
Old 12-31-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Don’t get your panties in a knot!!! Believe nothing of what you hear a half of what you see.
I saw what he said. Clearly.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
So you are upset that PP wants healthy Chinese entering our country as opposed to sick Chinese? What is the purpose of our borders if we don’t control them?
With a rapid test and the jab? Have we learned nothing in the last three years?
Old 12-31-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
We learned that Trudeau took WAY too long early on to control our borders - especially from China. PP is in support of doing just that.

Will it help? Who knows. It doesn't even matter - in principle it's the best thing to do.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, we haven't controlled our borders for a long time! Roxham Road has been wide open pretty much since the POS invited the world to drop by! Many years back, Russia regularly conducted military exercises in the Canadian arctic! No doubt there are other examples.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, we haven't controlled our borders for a long time! Roxham Road has been wide open pretty much since the POS invited the world to drop by! Many years back, Russia regularly conducted military exercises in the Canadian arctic! No doubt there are other examples.
Chinese army exercises on the west coast. Chinese police stations in at least 6 locations in Canada. The list does go on, he is no friend to Canada but is a puppet for the CCP. Just like his daddy.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-01-2023, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, but that is Justin, not Pierre. Pierre is saying he wants better control over our borders. Pierre isn’t responsible for Justin’s many, many, many, oh so many blunders.
Old 01-01-2023, 01:12 AM

Quote:
So do you feel anyone should be able to enter Canada with no health protocols at all? How do you feel about visa requirements as a tourist? Should your opinions outweigh the security, or protocols of another nation?
Old 01-01-2023, 08:12 AM
Banned

The time to shut the door to the Chinese, when it comes to this disease, was December 2019.
The second time to shut the door to the Chinese was about 3 weeks ago just before they opened their doors.

The tests are useless, the vaccines are worse than useless when it comes to the spread of this disease. That's what the science has proven. Anyone pretending to rely on them now as a means of preventing the spread is lying, for whatever reason, which can't be a good one for the likes of you and me.

I hope you all have plenty of KY, because whether it's the turd or pp, all of us are going to continue to get ****ed by our professional, worthless politicians in 2023.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:42 AM

I never felt that I needed KY when Harper was PM. I’m not saying that PP is Harper, but he is far from Justin. The only way we will ever know what he’s like as PM is to elect him PM. He can’t be anything in the neighbourhood of bad as Justin though; this I guarantee.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:28 PM

I keep hoping he'll "go for a walk in the snow" and some snowplow driver won't be watching where he's going.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
So do you feel anyone should be able to enter Canada with no health protocols at all? How do you feel about visa requirements as a tourist? Should your opinions outweigh the security, or protocols of another nation?
The rapid test, and vaccine horse left the barn YEARS ago. Let’s do something important for a change.

I find it absolutely frightening that the conservative government would hand the liberals this opportunity on a silver platter. They need to use their heads!

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 01-01-2023 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2023, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I never felt that I needed KY when Harper was PM. I’m not saying that PP is Harper, but he is far from Justin. The only way we will ever know what he’s like as PM is to elect him PM. He can’t be anything in the neighbourhood of bad as Justin though; this I guarantee.
If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. And be thankful for it.

If you, and everyone else on the PP train that believe he isn't the opposite side of the same coin that has Canadians ending up indentured servants to our exponentially growing national debt and collapsing economy and sovereignty, will you all finally give up the illusion that the federal politicians and parties in this country aren't working for you?

And will you then be, finally, willing to at least entertain the idea of what's necessary to correct the disastrous direction of this country, at least here in the West where the decisions we're forced to live with look like criminal insanity?

And more importantly, will it be too damn late by then?
2030 is a really quick 7 years away.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_plinker View Post

If you, and everyone else on the PP train that believe he isn't the opposite side of the same coin that has Canadians ending up indentured servants to our exponentially growing national debt and collapsing economy and sovereignty, will you all finally give up the illusion that the federal politicians and parties in this country aren't working for you?

And will you then be, finally, willing to at least entertain the idea of what's necessary to correct the disastrous direction of this country, at least here in the West where the decisions we're forced to live with look like criminal insanity?

Finally someone who gets it.

And yes it will be too late by then, it already is now. There is no stopping this train wreck without some sort of revolution that purges the whole gov't system and replaces it with common sense taxpayer directed gov't with checks and balances that prevents the massive corrupt self serving machine that has been disguising itself as some sort of benevolent Government.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:

I don’t feel Harper indentured us to debt. He added debt but also faced the economic collapse of 08. I can’t blame him for that. He lowered our taxes and did balance budgets and shrunk government. If PP does the same I’ll be happy.

Everything else you say has 0 bearing on federal politics. Everything you want to do for Alberta or western Canada has to be done at a the municipal and provincial levels. I’ve wanted to separate for much longer and taken more heat on this board for always promoting it. You are barking up the wrong tree if you think federal politics will ever achieve that goal. Do you think anyone outside Alberta gives a rats ass about you or me?

If you want change you best start telling your coworkers, neighbours and friends to start backing things like Danielle Smith is starting. She may not lead to separation but she is moving us in the direction.

Complaining about PP will never ever do anything for us in the west except maybe sour others against him. PP is the only leader in federal politics that gives a care about western Canadians. You can back PP or you can back jagmeat or Justin.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
The rapid test, and vaccine horse left the barn YEARS ago. Let’s do something important for a change.

I find it absolutely frightening that the conservative government would hand the liberals this opportunity on a silver platter. They need to use their heads!
You never answered anything I asked.

Deflecting and repeating your opinion won’t ever evolve a debate. Kind of like how politicians use the House of Commons to never answer anything. Weren’t you lambasting the soapbox standing of our politicians in another thread?
Old 01-01-2023, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can back PP or you can back jagmeat or Justin.
Here we go again. A choice of lesser evils isn't a choice.
And PP doesn't give a crap about western Canadians. He does give a crap about western resources, the same as every other party.
Separation is the only thing that'll help western Canada. If not from Canada with a border, then with the money cycle.
The Only Thing.
Anything else is enabling the demise of our way of life.
Old 01-01-2023, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Here we go again. A choice of lesser evils isn't a choice.
And PP doesn't give a crap about western Canadians. He does give a crap about western resources, the same as every other party.
Separation is the only thing that'll help western Canada. If not from Canada with a border, then with the money cycle.
The Only Thing.
Anything else is enabling the demise of our way of life.
So who federally will help you achieve your goals? It’s not about lesser evils. I never ever told anyone to support O’Toole, or scheer for that matter. They weren’t conservatives. PP at least has some conservative values. Him wanting our resources is a good thing. The other choice is more Justin. This is not a lesser evil choice. Do you want an O&G sector or not? One vehemently opposes it, the other wants to grow it.

I’m ready to separate. How do you propose we do it? Who do I support federally that will allow us to separate? Federal politics will not amount to a hill of beans for your separation aspirations. What federal party would let go of their golden goose?

So once again I ask how in federal politics do I stop enabling our demise as you put it?
Old 01-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Banned

So the idea is 'electing' a federal government that'll give us permission to separate? Defeated before we even start!

And no one is going to grow the oil and gas. That ship has sailed.
Maintain it, so that it keeps paying the dividends to the owners, sure, but there's no reason to increase our oil and gas exports, not to the ones who own them, sell them back to us.

We need sovereignty to be a prairies idea, because it's done on a national level.
Or why do you think they're so keen on bringing in so many immigrants? 500000 a year? That's not helping us maintain a country. That's helping lower the standard of living to that of where they want us: serfs.
And voting for the same old same old is going to get us there, rest assured.
But whatever. The voice of dissent is growing, but a whisper still on the national level.
Vote PP.
We'll see together what it is he's made of.
I think it's the exact same thing as the turd, just using a different vernacular.

Last edited by big_plinker; 01-01-2023 at 06:21 PM.