Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Not sure if you dislike PP so much because you're some sort of feminist, or because you're secretly a Liberal supporter and PP scares you so much that you're trying to turn supporters against him?
I'm really starting to think it's the latter.
All of your threads read the same. You keep telling us the conservatives need to dump PP, without any substance in your prose. Then proceed to declare yourself a life-long conservative.
Perhaps do us "other" conservatives and your conscience a favour on the next election day, stay home.
Lest you ad to the turmoil.
Best post in this thread!!!
Old 07-23-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
The Russians said the same thing after the Bolsheviks took over.
History repeating itself. Many examples in Biblical Scripture of Godless political leadership destroying countries.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:25 AM

Default I'll try to explain myself better

It is not whether I like or don't like a candidate, I just want to win. I would draft football players based on if I liked them or not, just can he help the team win. It is not the ridings that you are going to win no matter who is the leader that you need to worry about, it is the ones in Ontario where you came second to the libs and need to win to get a majority.
Sometimes a different candidate/leader will do it for the party or different policies on important issues. In the past there haven't been that many "issues" that split the voters, conscription was one. We are left in the next election of the party leaders, and the pollsters are telling us that Canadians don't like any of them. Thus the opportunity for the parties to pick/find a charismatic leader and win a majority in the next parliment.
I think the opportunity is available to either the Libs and the PCs. So decide what is the winning strategy for the party that you would like to win.