Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Ok guys, I am getting lots of pms for the name, so here it is: Best Kitchen Refinishing out of Edmonton. https://bestkitchenrefinish.com/

Thanks for the info We are going to do some modifications to our Kitchen, take out gas stove/oven, replace with Induction cook top and chest height wall oven, new counter tops, adjust cabinets etc late this year or early next. Depends on how long the final re-landscaping work and the bathroom reno takes.

Last edited by Dean2; 03-14-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Thanks for the info We are going to do some modifications to our Kitchen, take out gas stove/over, replace with Induction top and chest height wall over, new counter tops, adjust cabinets etc late this year or early next. Depends on how long the final re-landscaping work and the bathroom reno takes.
Dean, what is used for an exhaust fan when the oven is directly above the range top?
Old 03-14-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBE View Post
Dean, what is used for an exhaust fan when the oven is directly above the range top?
The oven isn't going to be above the range top, it will be on the adjacent wall. With the gas stove we have a huge, high volume exhaust fan, so that may get downsized a bunch with the induction cook top.
Old 03-14-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Thanks for the info We are going to do some modifications to our Kitchen, take out gas stove/oven, replace with Induction cook top and chest height wall oven, new counter tops, adjust cabinets etc late this year or early next. Depends on how long the final re-landscaping work and the bathroom reno takes.
Here is one more piece of advice- do not trade your gas cooktop for induction! Yes, gas is slower and harder to clean but pretty much every single induction cooktop out there is a disaster for a quality. They break down like there is no tomorrow and stupidly expensive to fix! My buddy is an appliance service tech with 30 years experience and he told me to stay away from it. We did get the pro gas range and loving it!
Old 03-14-2022, 01:10 PM

We've painted/refinished three sets of kitchen cabinets during our fix and flip days. By far the most professional/factory look came from using chalk paint (any latex paint can be turned into chalk paint with the addition of a little water and plaster of paris mixed in).

Lightly sand with 200 grit to knock back shine and grime. Then, 3 to 4 thin coats of chalk paint applied using a good quality brush (as for gauging thinness, you should be able to still see the finish underneath after the first coat or two.) Alternate brush strokes on each coat. Chalk paint adheres amazingly well.

At this point the cupboards will have a matt/slightly chalkboard surface look and feel. Then apply 2-3 coats of wipe on Poly (we used Min Wax satin). The depth and finish turned out great, much better than our two previous attempts with paint only, and super wipeable. Lots of people thought they were factory ordered.

Warning: it's about twice the amount of time to do it this way than than regular painting, but definitely worth it if you've got the time.

Here are some options to make your own chalk paint. I used #2.

https://salvagedinspirations.com/bes...paint-recipes/
Old 03-28-2022, 03:09 PM

Rather than start a new thread

My wife and I are looking at updating our kitchen cabinets, can anyone recommend a business that can install new cabinet doors while keeping the existing cabinets? Read through all the repainting talk here, not sure if we want to do that.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
Rather than start a new thread

My wife and I are looking at updating our kitchen cabinets, can anyone recommend a business that can install new cabinet doors while keeping the existing cabinets? Read through all the repainting talk here, not sure if we want to do that.
We just updated ours through IKEA. Good pricing, decent quality. Took a little work, but we were able to do it. Looks like a brand new kitchen. We took our measurements in along with some pictures and they set us right up.

BW
Old 03-28-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
We just updated ours through IKEA. Good pricing, decent quality. Took a little work, but we were able to do it. Looks like a brand new kitchen. We took our measurements in along with some pictures and they set us right up.

BW
And you guys just did the fronts of the cabinets?
Old 03-28-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenBr View Post
My wife was trying to DIY our kitchen somehow to make it look a little bit fresh but, the mess she made was awful, and our kitchen started to look like an old piece of sh.. (art). Honestly it was a pain for my eyes to eat there or to prepare food. So I decided to fix it all in my way. As I am not a designer or a painter I thought I will buy a whole new kitchen with an awesome design that could be a great kitchen and a good looking piece of decor. Gladly I was able to find bespoke kitchens fulham, a great kitchen supplier with some awesome kitchen presets, the design is really dope and I would never thought a kitchen could look that awesome. It took nearly a month for the kitchen to be installed and a week to take out our old kitchen ( My wife was really surprised why we ordered a new kitchen and why nobody else wanted to buy our old one). So her design lessons ended on her first and last project called Hell's kitchen
You hired a kitchen designer and cabinets from the UK???? or is this a auto generated message/post designed to drive business to Bespoke Kitchens in Fulham? are you a robot? Is tis your first post? hmmmmmmmmmmm