Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural.born.fawn.killer View Post
How many magazines has Gary sole because of cody's animals. Gary isn't putting codys monsters in their as a favour.
Yeah cause im sure Gary would have hated to have that on the cover of his mag... right...
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Good to see there's a place where we can go read the story!

As far as Canadian vs u.s magazine, who cares! He put his buck where he gets the most out of it! He has a bigger market to choose from and where there are more muley crazy people. Good for him I say! Anyone who calls him a sell out or such, should consider that he could have not published anything, and no one could enjoy the new WR, but his friends and family!

All my bucks that I have put in magazines none have been Canadian. The reason is there's only one decent Canadian hunting magazine , and it caters to mostly to whitetails! I would put A muley, where muley enthusiasts would enjoy it the most, and there's a couple to choose from down in the states.

Last edited by pottymouth; 01-26-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Is Rob, going to allow that pic of the cover of Eastmans to stay posted? Can remember how the censorship police takes over around here when something other than AO magazine is mentioned.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post

As far as Canadian vs u.s magazine, who cares! He put his buck where he gets the most out of it! Good for him I say! Anyone who calls him a sell out or such, should consider that he could have not published anything, and no one could enjoy the new WR, but his friends and family!

All my bucks that I have put in magazines none have been Canadian. The reason is there's only one decent Canadian hunting magazine , and it caters to mostly to whitetails! I would put A muley, where muley enthusiasts would enjoy it the most, and there's a couple to choose from down in the states.
Well said Potty, couldn't agree more! I think the huge U.S mags have one or two more readers than BB. A buck like that is something everyone needs to see.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Yeah cause im sure Gary would have hated to have that on the cover of his mag... right...
Gary should of opened his wallet then. Get some business sense
Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
Gary should of opened his wallet then. Get some business sense
like I said... sad, sort of thought "friends" might help each other out... just my thoughts I guess
Old 01-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
like I said... sad, sort of thought "friends" might help each other out... just my thoughts I guess
Depends how much of a "friends" discount gary expected. If it was an assinine amount compared to what eastmans offered then gary is at fault.

Great buck, good on cody, i would of done the same
Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post

As far as Canadian vs u.s magazine, who cares! He put his buck where he gets the most out of it! He has a bigger market to choose from and where there are more muley crazy people. Good for him I say! Anyone who calls him a sell out or such, should consider that he could have not published anything, and no one could enjoy the new WR, but his friends and family!

X2 good for Cody. Potty, i've always wondered if people Contact the mags when they think they have a great buck with a great Story or is IT the other way around? I'm sure when the Story of the New world record Hit they contacted him in this case.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:12 PM

Friends helping friends is all well and good but, this is income we are talking about. If I sell a truck to a bud for 5k when i could have sold it on kijiji for 20k im an idiot. The same in my mind applies to this.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:28 PM

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot and stock View Post
Friends helping friends is all well and good but, this is income we are talking about. If I sell a truck to a bud for 5k when i could have sold it on kijiji for 20k im an idiot. The same in my mind applies to this.
I have quoted this response but there are others. Gary can be no more mad a Cody for going somewhere else if Gary expected the buck in his mag for free or a huge discount. Would you give something to a friend for free or a hufe discount only for him to turn around and sell it for a profit. I know I wouldn't.

Maybe there was a number where they could have met in the middle but obviously they didn't.

There is so much they everyone doesn't know. Maybe Gary said "Coady I would love to have your buck in my mag but I just can't make it economical for my business and I don't feel right asking you to take such a discount on what is being offered."

I know this this pick and story isn't enough for me to go buy the mag. I already have WildTV, I'll watch it there.

Wonderful deer. The two drop tines are twice the total lenght on the first buck I shot.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
How many magazines has Gary sold because of cody's animals. Gary isn't putting Cody's monsters in there as a favour.
well said !
Old 01-26-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
How many magazines has Gary sold because of cody's animals. Gary isn't putting Cody's monsters in there as a favour.
It wouldn't be a favour now, but 2 months ago or anytime before that it was definately a favour to give that plug any press.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammer View Post
It wouldn't be a favour now, but 2 months ago or anytime before that it was definately a favour to give that plug any press.

who are you refering to when you say plug?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM

I love how you folks are sitting back stewing over a "faux feud" going on between this Cody and Gary fellows....and getting mad at each other about it...better than reality TV....whatever situation you guys have created here likely never happened

LC
Old 01-26-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
ISB just made some money....it wasn't featured in the mag many thought it would be.

LC
Ya I owe him as well.... Maybe when you bring my fox I will give you his cash. You will see him before me..
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I love how you folks are sitting back stewing over a "faux feud" going on between this Cody and Gary fellows....and getting mad at each other about it...better than reality TV....whatever situation you guys have created here likely never happened

LC
Funny hey..... Glad some of us know the whole story behind this amazing trophy
Old 01-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Congrates to Cody on an amazing animal. Was hoping he would stick with Big Buck for release and then feature it in whatever other magazines want it but money talks....can't say I would do anything different when it came down to it.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammer View Post
Lol wow. Buddy....you take the cake.

I think AO needs to initiate a common sense quiz before you issue posting privileges. Lol unreal rammer.....so far in left field its comical
Old 01-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Awsome Cody !!! What an animal very happy for you and the Live2Hunt crew
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM

Congrats to Cody he shot a deer that all of us on dream about shooting,give credit where credit is due,.....negative comments only come from jealous mouths !!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 PM

Congrats on a truly great deer. As for him seeling out because he put it in an amaerican magazine, give your head a shake. He is running a business and made a sound business decision. For him to take less would be stupid. Would any of you calling him a sell out go into work and take a voluntary pay cut? Not bloody likely!!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 PM

I get a kick out of the whining,jealous babies on here. From what I've heard, Cody actually did go to Garry first.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearen09 View Post
Ya I owe him as well.... Maybe when you bring my fox I will give you his cash. You will see him before me..
DAMN! that is who wanted it....I accidentally deleted your email I am glad you spoke up for it! Sorry about that!

LC
Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Not that I care what mag. It’s in but I would be pretty ticked off if I was Gary Donald… how many times has that guy pictured Cody and probably helped out his career a little and getting his name out there… sad
my point exactly....trader
Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
well said !
do you really think that?? all that does is put 2 extra pages in his mag
Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Congrats again to Cody on a heckuva buck and a great looking photo.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 PM

First off..... Congrats to Cody on his buck!

Secondly, wow some of you are something. I can't believe that we have a bunch of adults here whining because he sold his story to a US magazine. So what! It gets distributed here in Canada, actually world wide for that matter.

I am pretty sure him and Gary would have talked before he sold the story. I'm sure him and Gary are still friends. Remember business is business and anything over a nickel is business.

As for the few of you who have the jealous attitude and figure they can get snide remarks in, come on grow up. Here we have a fellow Canadian who harvest a world record who and all you can do is complain. We should be proud that it is Canadian deer that has now made the international seen.

I swear some of you would complain about a free lunch.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM

Man, that is a fantastic deer and I am happy for the guy.

I am saddened to see that too many people have a loose grip on reality when it comes to friendship and business.

I would be hard pressed to expect a friend to give up a huge opportunity to help his business make some gains so I can gain from it.

I am sure Cody and Gary have their side of things worked out just fine.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Outdoor Canada and Western Sportsman being almost identical every month in topics?

Western Sportsman sure has gone DOWNHILL in the last 5 years.. good on ya Webb.[/QUOTE]

The only thing i can agree on this thread so far is comments about Western Sportsmen. Repeat stories i have read in other Mags including AO as well as the same Buck 3 different times in the same mag with 3 stories..

As for Cody .I admire your hunting Career and congratulate you on Such a Jaw dropping Buck!!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
First off..... Congrats to Cody on his buck!

Secondly, wow some of you are something. I can't believe that we have a bunch of adults here whining because he sold his story to a US magazine. So what! It gets distributed here in Canada, actually world wide for that matter.

I am pretty sure him and Gary would have talked before he sold the story. I'm sure him and Gary are still friends. Remember business is business and anything over a nickel is business.

As for the few of you who have the jealous attitude and figure they can get snide remarks in, come on grow up. Here we have a fellow Canadian who harvest a world record who and all you can do is complain. We should be proud that it is Canadian deer that has now made the international seen.

I swear some of you would complain about a free lunch.
X2 well said
Closed Thread