Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
He changed his name from Pesky so he wouldn't be so obvious, but he can't help himself.
Whatever... there is some history at play here and the guy offered an insult.
Shame on me for pushing back I guess.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
He changed his name from Pesky so he wouldn't be so obvious, but he can't help himself.
Hehehe good one. Never mind him Fordtruckin he can't help it.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 10-28-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Hehehe good one. Never mind him Fordtruckin he can't help it.
yah you ain't kidding! No point wasting any more time on the likes of people like that. Must be nice to make up what ever the hell you want and then when you get called on it by numerous people, start slinging accusations and insults to anyone who critics your posts. Its truly sad the level of ignorance some people have these days.

Anyways back to the original point of this tread, can's aren't that bad of an idea. I hear they are quite popular in Europe not only for target shooting but for hunting as well. I've shot several M4's with cans on them and while they aren't "Silent" they do significantly cut the decibels. Do they make a firearm any more dangerous? well that's like saying because its black or takes a 30 round mag or is a certain caliber its more dangerous. Unfortunately certain items have a negative stigma around them and the powers that be will are to close minded to see the truth. I definitely believe movies are partially to blame as they portray things inaccurately while getting a ton of exposure to dumb saps who aren't smart enough to know better.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 AM

I had the opportunity to shoot a few rifles that were braked and suppressed while on a visit with relatives in the US. Very impressed with some, others not so much, and unless the suppressor was built into the barrel, I would not find in hunter friendly having and extra 6-12 inches on the end of the barrel. for range work it would be awesome, or LR coyote or gopher.
A brake/suppressor that brought the noise level down enough so hearing would not be damaged, smaller, lighter and built in the barrel, would be ideal for hunting. Our laws have "suppressed" Canadian innovation and tech in this field for the last century.
Also tried out the "Oil filter suppressor", not hard to make, anyone that so desired to brake our laws could have one made in about 30 minutes. And in certain instances OFS work better than, and way cheaper than custom suppressors. Once removed from the gun, most Leo's wouldn't even know what they were looking at. Pretty much puts an end to the "Criminals will use them for crime because they are so easy to get" BS that gets spewed on this board.