Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2022, 09:37 AM

I’d raise a toast… to all by buddies and friends past and present, who have shared life’s adventures with me. We’ve had some epic times together, I hope they all have many more.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:24 AM

As a matter of fact, I raised mine to my dad, whom we just buried his ashes on Sat.
He was a honest and fair man. Miss him like crazy.
RIP Dad.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:28 PM

To my mother in law who turns 100 tomorrow great lady
Old 09-20-2022, 09:03 PM

I will raise a glass to Al Gore. For inventing the internet and making all of this possible. 😂
Old 09-22-2022, 08:49 PM

I’m going to raise a glass tonight to my middle finger for always sticking up for me when needed…
Old 09-23-2022, 03:07 AM

I’m in a spot that I will more than likely remove my self from shortly. After this week the only person I’d raise a glass to is myself really. It seems I’m under attack at my workplace this week and I think I’ve dealt with it really well and to top it off the company seems rather concerned about minding my business away from work for some reason. I can’t even go shopping without being dive bombed by the bosses cronies and it’s rather disturbing actually.

I don’t care how big and tough people think they are. If I get disrespected enough I’ll will haul them outside at the blink of an eye like I e done in the past and have always walked away victorious. Don’t care who you are really, you better respect me like I do you or expect to wake up on the floor bleeding
Old 09-23-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory Hills View Post
I’m in a spot that I will more than likely remove my self from shortly. After this week the only person I’d raise a glass to is myself really. It seems I’m under attack at my workplace this week and I think I’ve dealt with it really well and to top it off the company seems rather concerned about minding my business away from work for some reason. I can’t even go shopping without being dive bombed by the bosses cronies and it’s rather disturbing actually.

I don’t care how big and tough people think they are. If I get disrespected enough I’ll will haul them outside at the blink of an eye like I e done in the past and have always walked away victorious. Don’t care who you are really, you better respect me like I do you or expect to wake up on the floor bleeding
I raise a toast to patience and long suffering for Glory Hills.

Bud, if it’s that bad, get out.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory Hills View Post

This Friday, I too, shall raise my glass to you then! I’ve been drug in to workplace drama as well. Mine was the opposite in the sense that everyone pretended to be kind and great- they had me fooled. but behind my back - I was being set up to take the fall for some inappropriate behaviour many others were participating in and they were scared of being ratted out and so I was the back up plan to save their arses. If anything of their activities came to light, it would be blamed on me. Yet I never ever participated!! Toxic work environments for any reason are not worth it. I hope you find something better and move on. I did. Riding it out can cause a whirlwind of consequences at the office and at home. Good luck buddy. My beer will be raised for you tonight!
Old 09-23-2022, 10:24 AM

I think tonight I will raise a glass to the end of summer and the beginning for fall.(2 glasses).

I will raise a third glass to all me AO brethren. May the 2022/2023 hockey threads be spirited, with lots of good jousting but remain respectful.

I will raise a fourth glass to the first 3 glasses.

I'll fall down and call it a night.

BW
Old 09-23-2022, 10:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Sometimes ya just gotta realize your just a number, a body, after you leave your replaced with another and the wheel keeps turning,

Took me sometime to figure that out but I guess that comes with time

I raise a glass to those who have and will figure that out and depart on your terms!

Greener pastures await those who are brave enough to venture out, hard sometimes but man what a feeling.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-23-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Greener pastures await those who are brave enough to venture out, hard sometimes but man what a feeling.

Well now I have to have another tonight so I can also raise my glass to you and this quote! Truer words couldn’t be spoken my friend! Once you get the courage to leave the toxicity, greater job opportunities await you!
Old 09-23-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Sometimes ya just gotta realize your just a number, a body, after you leave your replaced with another and the wheel keeps turning,

I raise a glass to those who have and will figure that out and depart on your terms!

Cheers.

That's truth. Even if we are great at whatever we do, all of us are imminently replaceable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2022, 12:47 PM

Yup! That’s all it is! Try and tell people that ! Been retired for 5 years now and loving it! I raise my glass “ or bear can” to those that made that decision! Congrats.

Quote:

Cheers.

Last edited by badbrass; 09-23-2022 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:21 PM

To the long thanksgiving weekend. I’ve turned down many a invites to go hunting thanksgiving weekends and did again this year. Tough to hear about all the stories afterwards sometimes lol but I’ve never regretted choosing my family over one hunting trip. Having said - both sound like enjoyable options so whether you are making memories with your family or your hunting buddies- Hoping you all atleast get a chance to enjoy a good meal with good company! Raising your drink of alcoholic beverage or non Alcoholic beverage, whichever you choose!
Old 10-07-2022, 03:25 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Raising a glass to the Jays making post season!
To the Canucks putting the smack down on the Oilers this Wednesday.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-07-2022, 05:40 PM

This weekend I raise a glass around the fire to someone who I knew through a marriage in the family. Even though the marriage didn't last, he was a good guy, had lots of fun times with him while it did. He was someone's dad, hubby, brother and grandpa and passed this week after living a good long life.

I will ask him to say hi to my dad when they meet in heaven, as dad left us in January after a good long life. So I guess I'm toasting 2 good men this weekend.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:27 PM

I'd like to toast all the men & women who have worked so hard to preserve our ability to enjoy our firearms...........

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Edmund Burke
Old 10-08-2022, 09:12 PM

I raise my glass to the 3 freedom fighters from Coutts who had a court appearance in lethbridge this week and also to pastor Arthur who did such a nice speech at the courthouse
Old 11-18-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
I raise my glass to my wife and the wives of every other one of you degenerates on here.
Haha! And it’s Friday again! Citing the above quote because a friend of mine asked to me have a drink with him tonight. Now he doesn’t actually drink alcohol so I’m not sure what he will serving lol but he when asked me he said he’d like to have a “drink” to toast to his wife. Sadly his wife is ill. Now Bob is a relatively religious guy who eats well and exercises (despite our friendship his good habits have not become mine lol). No one would accuse him of being a poor husband. He is attentive and kind, prioritizes his wife over work (albeit he is semi retired now) but he always has - AND he always puts up amazing Xmas lights for his wife early every year lol. But he wants to toast his wife tonight because he said that despite the fact that she can make him angry irritated or frustrated as heck - that she also has been by his side for a couple decades through good and bad and at the end of the day- he couldn’t imagine going about his days without her. And he is feeling guilty about previous frustrations - now that she is sick - seeing that he may have let little inconsequential things shift him into being short with his wife. He wants to toast all the good things about her that he doesn’t let himself see when he is frustrated with her. So tonight I will be raising a glass of some sort of non alcoholic beverage to all the guys out there who have the ability to look at themselves and take accountability and see that others reactions are often based on our own choice of words or tone or actions. If we alter our actions we will likely get a different reaction. Also raising my glass to the guys who don’t need their wife to get sick before they see that even though she may frustrating, or irritating sometimes or might make you angry - that she also has great qualities and loves you enough to still be with you despite whatever bumps you guys have encountered. (Can you tell I started counseling lol!)

Oh and also - we all should probably raise our glasses to anyone who has filled some tags this month!