Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2008, 11:37 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post

"the loseing team will get on here and complain the other team is lucky OR they will complain about the Refs"

Jamie..
Still on dads Computer.. But its getting closer!
You may have noticed my posts were when the Sharks were ahead 3-0 and the writing was on the wall. You may have noticed that I said the Sharks will have to be very lucky to win the game. Oh well the Sharks did well to keep it close.

As for your vision of Sarich's hit, I will use a quote by Kanon "those who look through Flame colored glasses will say it was a perfectly clean hit"
Even Sarich thought he should be in the box!!

Oh well, on with the show. It's gonna be a real ringading dong dandy as Ed would say

Last edited by SNIPER; 04-14-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Grampa Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
You may have noticed my posts were when the Sharks were ahead 3-0 and the writing was on the wall. You may have noticed that I said the Sharks will have to be very lucky to win the game. Oh well the Sharks did well to keep it close.

As for your vision of Sarich's hit, I will use a quote by Treeguy "those who look through Flame colored glasses will say it was a perfectly clean hit"

Oh well, on with the show. It's gonna be a real ringading dong dandy as Ed would say
Sorry I was to busy to notice as I was watching either the CHOKE of the century or the Best damn comeback ever.

Its still a long series, but was that fun to watch! Chechoo has some serious issues. That leg gave out way after the hit.

Nabokov.. WOW.. what a great goalie. I cant get enough of that guy.

Nice "OWN" goal btw. It looked like he actually shot that puck. But on a positive note, he did hit the middle of the net

Honestly, I think it was a clean hit, but even if it wasn’t.. It was well worth it.

GO FLAMES GO

Jamie
Old 04-13-2008, 11:54 PM

I am still trembling.lol

I got to get down there for a game.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:57 PM

12am highlights are coming on tsn.

Lets watch it again then.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 AM

What a game, the Dome was rockin. That big hit by Sarich turned things around. That was one scary start to a game though.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 AM

Not my quote, Moobs.

Man, that was probably the first time I've ever seen kipper show any emotion. First goal, he MUST save, second was a tip but saveable and on the third, he was waaayyyy out of position and had no chance of recovering. Deserved to be pulled, but with Cujo going 0.00 GAA, you may just see him get the next start, but I'm not sure if I'd bet on it.

Refing is pretty questionable at best against both teams. I could be wrong, but over the past few playoffs, does it not seem like alot of the penalties called against the Canadian teams are unusually untimely (first minute of the game and/or period, late in a period or within a minute or two of a big tide-turning goal)? Maybe it's just me.

Sarich hit was good. Tough to call a head shot when the guy's head is THAT far down. Credit Marleau for staying in there after Reagher pasted his dumb azz earlier.

My impression would be that the Flames just ground it out and the Sharks thought that a 3 nil lead a few minutes in would be enough and just got totally away from their game plan. This could go 7 for sure. Congrats Flames, and well done fans for hanging in there and being loud.

Tree
Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Grampa Jim

Duk..
Is that you in the Red Jersey?

You are one LUCKY DOG!! That feeling outside the dome is just crazy!!! What a party, hopefully it will just keep getting better

GO FLAMES GO

Jamie
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
Duk..
Is that you in the Red Jersey?

You are one LUCKY DOG!! That feeling outside the dome is just crazy!!! What a party, hopefully it will just keep getting better

GO FLAMES GO

Jamie
Yep the one in the sun glasses. Boy have they made a mint off of jerseys.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Not my quote, Moobs.

Man, that was probably the first time I've ever seen kipper show any emotion. First goal, he MUST save, second was a tip but saveable and on the third, he was waaayyyy out of position and had no chance of recovering. Deserved to be pulled, but with Cujo going 0.00 GAA, you may just see him get the next start, but I'm not sure if I'd bet on it.

Refing is pretty questionable at best against both teams. I could be wrong, but over the past few playoffs, does it not seem like alot of the penalties called against the Canadian teams are unusually untimely (first minute of the game and/or period, late in a period or within a minute or two of a big tide-turning goal)? Maybe it's just me.

Sarich hit was good. Tough to call a head shot when the guy's head is THAT far down. Credit Marleau for staying in there after Reagher pasted his dumb azz earlier.

My impression would be that the Flames just ground it out and the Sharks thought that a 3 nil lead a few minutes in would be enough and just got totally away from their game plan. This could go 7 for sure. Congrats Flames, and well done fans for hanging in there and being loud.

Tree
lmao
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 AM
SNIPER

Quote:
Not my quote, Moobs.

Tree
Sorry, corrected my post.

That pic reminds me of a post from last year. It went something like "There is a lot of villages missing their idiots"
Old 04-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Grampa Jim

Quote:

That pic reminds me of a post from last year. It went something like "There is a lot of villages missing their idiots"
Bitter..Bitter..Bitter.

Go to bed Sniper, the sun will still rise.
Enjoy the night sweats as you relive the disaster that has befallen your team. Don’t worry that dream will pass, then you only have to worry about what condiment to put on your words IF the Flames chew up the Sharks.

Jamie
Old 04-14-2008, 12:19 AM
SNIPER

Yeah, it's bedtime. I had to stay up and post. I didn't want to be like the Phlegm fans and disappear after a slight setback.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it's kindda like looking at thousands and thousands of 'BUDS' in the same place and the same time!

Tree
Old 04-14-2008, 01:21 AM

Man that was nuts...I love how almost every single person in that stadium has a red flames jersey...like no old jerseys or anything...nutso. The canucks need to promote a sea of blue or something as it is unbelievably inspiring wow! Plus that way we can get rid of all those guys who come to games with messier, mogilny, and bure jerseys
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, it's kindda like looking at thousands and thousands of 'BUDS' in the same place and the same time!

Tree
HEYYYYY WHATTTT ! ! ! , I know where you live , haaaaaaaaa.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:45 PM

Nuthin to do with the phlegms.........funny just the same

Oh ya, I come here in piece, please refrain from the Oiler jokes

Old 04-14-2008, 01:34 PM

I am running 4 flags today on the jeep,Iginla jersey on the back and a FROHAWK ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP.

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaBabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy,

Sarich hit was clean so help me God.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
SNIPER

Now i know for sure that there is a village somewhere missing their idiot!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:08 PM

It's finally happened.... Lived in Calgary area for 17 years. Big Oiler fan who always hated the Flames and rooted for anyone else.... but I just can't do it anymore. I watched the game last night and just couldn't cheer for an American team to beat the flames. God... what have I become LOL. I will STILL cheer for the Oilers first, but I think the Flames have become my second favourite team. Hating the team of the city you live in just feels small-minded and petty now.... LOL ok, let the Oiler fans vent now.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
It's finally happened.... Lived in Calgary area for 17 years. Big Oiler fan who always hated the Flames and rooted for anyone else.... but I just can't do it anymore. I watched the game last night and just couldn't cheer for an American team to beat the flames. God... what have I become LOL. I will STILL cheer for the Oilers first, but I think the Flames have become my second favourite team. Hating the team of the city you live in just feels small-minded and petty now.... LOL ok, let the Oiler fans vent now.
Oko, look in the mirror, is there any signs of recent surgery on your head. If there is, they have gotten to you, do you hear music? That is the bandwagon. If there is no sign of recent surgery on your cranium, just slap yourself upside the head. It won't help, but it will make me feel better.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Oko, look in the mirror, is there any signs of recent surgery on your head. If there is, they have gotten to you, do you hear music? That is the bandwagon. If there is no sign of recent surgery on your cranium, just slap yourself upside the head. It won't help, but it will make me feel better.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Now i know for sure that there is a village somewhere missing their idiot!!!!
BUt guess what idiot is going to end up paying for the haircut
Old 04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
BUt guess what idiot is going to end up paying for the haircut
Oh man that might come back and bite ya in the ass!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Oh man that might come back and bite ya in the ass!!!!!

LMAO Yes it very well could but i thought i would throw it out there anyways.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:37 AM

there is something to be said about a good pest, and agitator. one of those hard nosed guys that will just go after anyone and everyone. and then there are the guys that are greasy, slimy jerks......i was disgusted watching how sean avery was screening MB.......i am all for playing as hard as you can and getting under the other teams skin...but to me that was just...well.....soulless imho.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Grampa Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
there is something to be said about a good pest, and agitator. one of those hard nosed guys that will just go after anyone and everyone. and then there are the guys that are greasy, slimy jerks......i was disgusted watching how sean avery was screening MB.......i am all for playing as hard as you can and getting under the other teams skin...but to me that was just...well.....soulless imho.
Not to worry, it was a one time thing. The NHL adopted a new rule to take care of it.

Jamie
Old 04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Hoochie Papa

I have the incredible opportunity to go to the game tonite. I have never been to a playoff game, and only 2 regular season games ever.

7th row, behind the penalty box. I got the shivers, I'm so excited.

Just can't think of what shirt I should wear?????????
Old 04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

Hoochie.. CONGRATS on the ticket.
Watch out for that Heroin beer they serve.

Ok so this is my prediction for tonight.
The first 10 minutes will tell everything. I would guess SJ will come out and start pounding everything that moves or is not nailed down. If that is the case, we will have a great game on our hands.. If not, Calgary will walk all over them and SJ can book some T times.
Kipper will be OUTSTANDING tonight, he hates getting embarrassed. Look for him to make highlight reel saves if not keep the score very low.
Iggy will be marked tonight, so will Sarich for payback. I would assume Goddard will dress and will be sitting in the penalty box within the first 10 minutes.

This series is going back to SJ with Calgary up 3-1 in games. But they will not get it without a huge effort. I cant see SJ just rolling over and playing dead. Especially when your own Goal tender calls you a bunch of "BOYS"
Crazy night coming up. Puck drops in 2 hours 40 minutes.

GO FLAMES GO

Jamie
Old 04-15-2008, 05:22 PM

You will love it, the energy of the crowd is insane. Nothing like it. I think an Oilers shirt would look nice in the stands.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Oh yeah.. One more prediction..
Sniper will vow to quit watching hockey and have to buy himself a new tv AGAIN. (due to the brick being thrown)
They might even put him on suicide watch
He also will be a ABC fan by thursday night.

Jamie