Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-30-2012, 05:13 PM

DONT BE Bashful, if ive lerft anyone out please pm me.
2 more days and it goes to print then i cant change anything
.................................................. ..........CORPORATE SPONSORS.......................................... .................................................. .
.................................................. ..........PROVIDING THE FOUNDATION THAT WE COULD BUILD FROM.............................................. ...............................
RAPALA/NORMARK
TWH OILFIELD SERVICES/TABER
HIGH RIVER FISH AND GAME CLUB
H.T. ENTERPRISES
STAR BUILDING MATERIALS
ZEBCO/QUANTUM
AJ`S TROPHIES/HIGH RIVER
FERG`S SEPTIC TANK SERVICES
SHIMANO
SOUTHERN ALBERTA WALLEYE TRAIL
THE FISHIN HOLE
WALLEYE UNLIMITED OF ALBERTA ANGLING AND CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
JIMS JIGS
BASS PRO SHOPS
HOME DEPOT/OKOTOKS
SRD/BLAIRMORE
FRITO LAYS
MACDONALDS/HIGH RIVER
CALGARY CO-OP
AIRDRIE FOOD BANK/CANDY
ZOOBIS
.................................................. ..............................THE TEAM.............................................. .................................................. ..........
.................................................V OLUNTEERS AND PROVIDERS OF ESSENTIAL GOODS AND SERVICES.......................................... ......................
STEVE GOWER
MARVIN KOIZUMI
PAT MITCHELL
STEVE SHERMAN
JIM WAGG
DOUG BABA
THE FERGUSONS
JIM MORGAN
BILL ROBERTSON
MUDSLIDE @ MRS. MUDSLIDE
WAYNE CHRISTIE @ MRS. WAYNE CHRISTIE
HORSETRADER
CHESTERFIELD
SLIVER86 + NURSE+ FRIEND
OGRE
DACEMINNOW
DAGO
MRS. DAGO
THE FISHERMAN GUY
MIKEO2
BIG TURK+GF AND FRIEND
JACK&7+ GF
THE KEELEY FAMILY
HOGSLAYER @ MRS.HOGSLAYER
DAN FOSS
ALBERTA ANGLER
NEW HUNTER OKOTOKS @ MRS. NEW HUNTER OKOTOKS
SILVER DOCTOR
COMMANDER B
ABAB
PLINKER
KOKANEE9+WIFE
BOBLOBLAW
GARRY OCAROLL
GL2
HACMAN
ANTHONY5
LOVICH
JAMES HENRY
MOFUGGER21
ILIKETROUT
VCMM
WILLOWTRAIL
MIKE GARTH
RAFI ABBOUD/ZOOBIS
ANNOUNYMOUS DONATORS
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, MY WIFE -THANKS BABE.
.................................................. ....................TECHNICAL SUPPORT........................................... .................................................

EVENT PLANNERS.....GIBSON,DERRICK,KIM,MIKE,WAYNE,DALE,KE LLY,CINDY,TERRY.
EVENT TECHNICAL ADVISOR......CINDY
WGI.....................DAWN
RN, HEAD MEDICAL ADVISOR...RENEE
SRD.............MATT
MD OF WC......CYNTHIA
ALBERTA GAMING AND LIQOUR COMMISION.....NANCY
THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS FROM CALGARY,DIAMOND VALLEY AND AIRDRIE.....KACIE, MATT, HIEDI,SHIRLEY
Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM

the long range forecast is not good.

what if?.....................sorry i cant bear to type out the whole question
Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Don't forget this is Alberta
Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM

Default what if

we were supposed to get crazy winds Saturday at Newell. guess what? most wind on the lake was the leftovers from my Friday night supper escaping.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post

Don't worry these guys can't look out the window and get the forecast right. If we need to use boats: I'll bring mine.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:

You are right about the weather Chubby
we are going to need some luck here.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:23 PM

talked to the regional Bio today. we have our final instructions on the data collection. he is still thinking he will attend and possibly with a enviroment person also. i hope they both can attend.

This really adds a educational element to the event for everyone. i see a huge benefit in educating young people about the conservation and ethical side of angling this process will provide.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:06 PM

Sorry folks for more confussion

In another thread, there is a AO member inviting a person to come fish with the Children at this event.

Yes its a public lake and we cant bar anyone, but i ask for some consideration be given to the Children. The volunteers will be very busy guiding the young people and caring for their safety.

We are governed by permits and policies about who has contact with the children. All guides must be registered and be openly identified.

There is still a few spots available to register.

Please for the benefit of the children and the over all success of the event, donot come to the event thinking its a gathering to network with AO members. The volunteers have very important jobs to do and dont need added distractions. The kids happiness and safety depends on volunteers who have the childrens full attention and vise versa.

Sorry im the bad guy again....flame on. It is what it is.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry folks for more confussion

In another thread, there is a AO member inviting a person to come fish with the Children at this event.

Yes its a public lake and we cant bar anyone, but i ask for some consideration be given to the Children. The volunteers will be very busy guiding the young people and caring for their safety.

We are governed by permits and policies about who has contact with the children. All guides must be registered and be openly identified.

There is still a few spots available to register.

Please for the benefit of the children and the over all success of the event, donot come to the event thinking its a gathering to network with AO members. The volunteers have very important jobs to do and dont need added distractions. The kids happiness and safety depends on volunteers who have the childrens full attention and vise versa.

Sorry im the bad guy again....flame on. It is what it is.
No reason to flame you said it the way it is ..
Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
talked to the regional Bio today. we have our final instructions on the data collection. he is still thinking he will attend and possibly with a enviroment person also. i hope they both can attend.

This really adds a educational element to the event for everyone. i see a huge benefit in educating young people about the conservation and ethical side of angling this process will provide.

this makes me smile. the conservation education aspect of this event adds an exciting realm to this already soon to be great day. these kids are potentially our future outdoors people. showing them at a young age there's people in this world today that care about their future resources and fishing opportunities, I believe is a really good thing. i'm honored to be part of this.

Dace
Old 02-01-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Perhaps some clarity of this event is required for all to understand why this event will take place as there seems to be a degree of frustration from several people as to the regulations and restrictions which are integrated into this event.

This is not an Alberta Outdoorsmen Event. It is facilitated by the Boys & Girls Club with the assistance of many outstanding volunteers from the Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum, along with many other additional volunteers.

The event which will take place on February 25, 2012 is for children who belong to the Boys & Girls Club. The mission of the Boys & Girls Club is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life. The Boys & Girls Club speaks out on behalf of children, youth and their families to reduce disadvantage, enhance their lives and enable their voices and ideas to be heard. We as volunteers are working with the Boys & Girls Club to enable this event to take place.

Volunteers and Forum members are not permitted to bring theirs or other children to participate in the event, unless they are registered members of the Boys & Girls Club and have arranged with the club to participate.

All children will be arriving and departing on buses provided by the Boys & Girls Club.

Registered Boys & Girls Club Mentors will be on site to ensure the safety of the children during the event.

All volunteers are registered, and will be easily identifiable with ball caps and identification tabs hung from lanyards.

WE ASK FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION THAT THIS EVENT IS FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB.

Questions and/or criticisms of the event and event coordinators can be directed to The Fisherman Guy via PM. I will gladly speak with anyone who has concerns regarding the event, or how the event is coordinated. I will take these concerns up with the other coordinators and we will address each issue and deliver a positive solution.

thanks,

Dace
Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
this makes me smile. the conservation education aspect of this event adds an exciting realm to this already soon to be great day. these kids are potentially our future outdoors people. showing them at a young age there's people in this world today that care about their future resources and fishing opportunities, I believe is a really good thing. i'm honored to be part of this.

Dace
^^^ What Dace said.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Thank you for reposting Dace.

We are nearing go-time! With less than 30 days to go until the event, we are in the final stages of preparation. Not only are the volunteers very much looking forward to the event, but so are all of the children who are attending.

For those viewers who are just tuning in, this event is for members of the Boys & Girls Club. This event is not a public event, where anyone can show up and fish.

Think of it like a wedding. It may happen in a public place, but that doesn't mean anyone is welcome to join and eat some cake. Like a wedding, this event is invite only, through and directed by the Boys & Girls Club.

Please show respect for what we as volunteers are working diligently to do for the children of the Boys & Girls Club. Disrespect of any amount directed toward the event or volunteers will not be tolerated.

Questions, concerns or criticisms of the event can be directed to me via PM.

Only 23 more days until a large group of children discover ice fishing for the first time!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Thank you for reposting Dace.

We are nearing go-time! With less than 30 days to go until the event, we are in the final stages of preparation. Not only are the volunteers very much looking forward to the event, but so are all of the children who are attending.

For those viewers who are just tuning in, this event is for members of the Boys & Girls Club. This event is not a public event, where anyone can show up and fish.

Think of it like a wedding. It may happen in a public place, but that doesn't mean anyone is welcome to join and eat some cake. Like a wedding, this event is invite only, through and directed by the Boys & Girls Club.

Please show respect for what we as volunteers are working diligently to do for the children of the Boys & Girls Club. Disrespect of any amount directed toward the event or volunteers will not be tolerated.

Questions, concerns or criticisms of the event can be directed to me via PM.

Only 23 more days until a large group of children discover ice fishing for the first time!
Im doing the ice dance every day , forget this spring weather stuff, we need more ice!!!! Really looking forward to this event, its going to be awesome! a whole new generation of fishing addicts is born!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM

Default boys and girls club

For any body tuning in in they hopefully will realize that you people are the EXCEPTION I not sure why some can sit on the sidelines and wait to see if this is a go and then jump in with nothing to contribute and then enjoy the day My wife and I are torn that we could not commit to this event and then have to back out at the last min IF, and only IF, you folks come up against a wall I will getter done at any cost
Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Registered Volunteer Team

1-Mudslide
2-Wayne Christy
3-Wayne Christy's wife
4-Horsetrader
5-Chesterfield
6-Slivers86
7-Slivers86's nurse
8-Ogre
9-Fish Farmer
10-Daceminnow
11-Daceminnow's wife
12-Dago
13-Mrs. Dago
14-The Fisherman Guy
15-Mikeo2
16-Big Turk
17-Big Turk's GF
18-Big Turks friend
19-Jack@7
20-Jack@7's Girlfriend
21-Hogslayer
22-Dan Foss
23-AlbertaAngler
24-NHO
25-NHO's wife
26-Chubb
27-Chubbs warden
28-Chubbs daughter
29- Slivers86 - friend
30- silverdoctor
31- Commander B
32- abab
33- plinker
34- Kokanee9
35 Kokanee9's wife
36-BobLoblaw

Thank you
Old 02-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Dago
ogre
WC
WC's missus
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Chubb
chubb's warden
NHO
Slivers86
Dan Foss
Mudslide
Kokanee9
CommanderB
Big Turk
Big Turk's GF
Dace
HogSlayer
abab

6am Team...thanks everyone.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:17 PM

friday team

Dago
Wayne Christie
Mikeo
Bobloblaw
chubb
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony5 View Post
For any body tuning in in they hopefully will realize that you people are the EXCEPTION I not sure why some can sit on the sidelines and wait to see if this is a go and then jump in with nothing to contribute and then enjoy the day My wife and I are torn that we could not commit to this event and then have to back out at the last min IF, and only IF, you folks come up against a wall I will getter done at any cost
youre good people no matter what your kids say

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Im meeting TFG for a event meeting friday and this list will be off to print. Please speak up if there is something i missed. After thursday night no changes can be made.

.................................................. ..........CORPORATE SPONSORS.......................................... .................................................. .
.................................................. ..........PROVIDING THE FOUNDATION THAT WE COULD BUILD FROM.............................................. ...............................
RAPALA/NORMARK
TWH OILFIELD SERVICES/TABER
HIGH RIVER FISH AND GAME CLUB
H.T. ENTERPRISES
STAR BUILDING MATERIALS
ZEBCO/QUANTUM
AJ`S TROPHIES/HIGH RIVER
FERG`S SEPTIC TANK SERVICES
SHIMANO
SOUTHERN ALBERTA WALLEYE TRAIL
THE FISHIN HOLE
WALLEYE UNLIMITED OF ALBERTA ANGLING AND CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
JIMS JIGS
BASS PRO SHOPS
HOME DEPOT/OKOTOKS
SRD/BLAIRMORE
FRITO LAYS
MACDONALDS/HIGH RIVER
CALGARY CO-OP
CANADIAN SUPERSTORE
AIRDRIE FOOD BANK/CANDY
ZOOBIS
.................................................. ..............................THE TEAM.............................................. .................................................. ..........
.................................................V OLUNTEERS AND PROVIDERS OF ESSENTIAL GOODS AND SERVICES.......................................... ......................
STEVE GOWER
SCOTT STEFFES
MARVIN KOIZUMI
GL2 AND FAMILY
PAT MITCHELL
STEVE SHERMAN
JIM WAGG
DOUG BABA
THE FERGUSONS
JIM MORGAN
BILL ROBERTSON
MUDSLIDE @ MRS. MUDSLIDE
WAYNE CHRISTIE @ MRS. WAYNE CHRISTIE
HORSETRADER
CHESTERFIELD
SLIVER86 + NURSE+ FRIEND
OGRE
DACEMINNOW
DAGO
MRS. DAGO
THE FISHERMAN GUY
MIKEO2
BIG TURK+GF AND FRIEND
JACK&7+ GF
THE KEELEY FAMILY
HOGSLAYER @ MRS.HOGSLAYER
DAN FOSS
ALBERTA ANGLER
NEW HUNTER OKOTOKS @ MRS. NEW HUNTER OKOTOKS
SILVER DOCTOR
COMMANDER B
ABAB
PLINKER
KOKANEE9+WIFE
BOBLOBLAW
GARRY OCAROLL
HACMAN
ANTHONY5
ERIC ERICSON
LOVICH
JAMES HENRY
MOFUGGER21
ILIKETROUT
VCMM
WILLOWTRAIL
MIKE GARTH
RAFI ABBOUD/ZOOBIS
ANNOUNYMOUS DONATORS
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, MY WIFE -THANKS BABE.
.................................................. ....................TECHNICAL SUPPORT........................................... .................................................

EVENT PLANNERS.....GIBSON,DERRICK,KIM,MIKE,WAYNE,DALE,KE LLY,CINDY,TERRY.
EVENT TECHNICAL ADVISOR......CINDY
WGI.....................DAWN
RN, HEAD MEDICAL ADVISOR...RENEE
SRD.............MATT
MD OF WC......CYNTHIA
ALBERTA GAMING AND LIQOUR COMMISION.....NANCY
THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS FROM CALGARY,DIAMOND VALLEY AND AIRDRIE.....KACIE, MATT, HIEDI,SHIRLEY
Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynechristie View Post
youre good people no matter what your kids say
x100...good people......all of them
Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Default boys and girls club

Guys, kids only SAY when the old guy is not within reach
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Dago
ogre
WC
WC's missus
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Chubb
chubb's warden
NHO
Slivers86
Dan Foss
Mudslide
Kokanee9
CommanderB
Big Turk
Big Turk's GF
Dace
HogSlayer
abab

6am Team...thanks everyone.
Don't forget ole BobLoblaw!
He's gonna be there at 6am, whether he's on the list or not.
Don't try to stop me!!!

(Might as well; I'll be too excited to sleep, anyhoo...)
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 PM

@Bob
Aren't you on the FRIDAY list? I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
@Bob
Aren't you on the FRIDAY list? I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks.
I'm a full service volunteer!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 PM

For the Friday team. Will people be staying/camping on the ice, or will someone head in to town overnight?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony5 View Post
Guys, kids only SAY when the old guy is not within reach
Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
For the Friday team. Will people be staying/camping on the ice, or will someone head in to town overnight?
The wife and I are planning to camp on the ice Fri.I think Wayne is also.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
The wife and I are planning to camp on the ice Fri.I think Wayne is also.
yup. worst case I will drive down both days, but planning to camp out if I can

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM

I might come down and camp out with ya guys, even though I'm not on the list, it sounds like fun!