Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Banned

Ok

Back to The Donald

last nights debate was the most watched televised non sports related event in history at 24million viewers.
Not enough imo btw

why ????

TRUMP !!!!!!!!

He's still climbing in the polls even after the scummy media bashing of him

So let me ask you...
Should Trump run as an independant ?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
Ok

Back to The Donald

last nights debate was the most watched televised non sports related event in history at 24million viewers.
Not enough imo btw

why ????

TRUMP !!!!!!!!

He's still climbing in the polls even after the scummy media bashing of him

So let me ask you...
Should Trump run as an independant ?
Only because of Trump were the ratings so high, which speaks volumes.

1 vote for YES, from me.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
EZM

Well your wife is right....
This isnt Canadian politics

If you are leaning towards Hillary, as it seems you are, then you may as well vote NDP here and just destroy the whole of N America in one felled swoop !!!!
I am not eligible to vote any longer in the US. I have no say in who get elected. My concern is how the US effects my businesses here in Canada and how much money the wrong party here in Canada and, to a lesser extent, in the US can cost me.

Since I didn't vote NDP, and plan to never do such an idiotic thing like that, you are off base (like usual). One of the product lines we manufacture has the highest margins and growth - but it's related to Fracturing. NDP's have a frac policy that is disruptive to my business.

The NDP will cost my business millions of dollars .... so I'm unlikely to support them come hell or high water.

As far as supporting Hillary ....... there is not a chance I would do that (given the opportunity).

My key point is Trump, with his polarizing antics, gargantuan ego and empty headed thoughts, will effective elect Hillary - that's my fear. It's just going to take a little while for the people of reduced intellectual capacity to realize that ..... maybe they should stop shouting and fist pumping and take a minute to think about it instead of encouraging someone as dangerous as Trump.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I am not eligible to vote any longer in the US. I have no say in who get elected. My concern is how the US effects my businesses here in Canada and how much money the wrong party here in Canada and, to a lesser extent, in the US can cost me.

Since I didn't vote NDP, and plan to never do such an idiotic thing like that, you are off base (like usual). One of the product lines we manufacture has the highest margins and growth - but it's related to Fracturing. NDP's have a frac policy that is disruptive to my business.

The NDP will cost my business millions of dollars .... so I'm unlikely to support them come hell or high water.

As far as supporting Hillary ....... there is not a chance I would do that (given the opportunity).

My key point is Trump, with his polarizing antics, gargantuan ego and empty headed thoughts, will effective elect Hillary - that's my fear. It's just going to take a little while for the people of reduced intellectual capacity to realize that ..... maybe they should stop shouting and fist pumping and take a minute to think about it instead of encouraging someone as dangerous as Trump.
That's exactly why Trump should immediately go independent. People south of our border are sick and tired of both the Republicans and Democrats, the corruption, the gridlock and the lobbyist bought and paid for career politicians. Time for a major change.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

I sincerely appreciate your candor.
It has given me a new found respect for you.
I misjudged you based on previous posts.

However....let me counter your Trump position.
Both of you are businessmen.
And that is exactly what N America needs.
I no longer see these elections as separate entities....Canada vs USA.
I see it as what is best for North America now.

May I suggest you take a step back from Trumps antics as a showman and really really look at his agenda's.
He's nailing and focusing on the REAL problems of our governed continent.

These elections coming up are Critical !!!!!

Again
thank you EZM
Old 08-07-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Trump is holding that leverage card tightly.
He'll use it when and if needed.
He's still holding strong in the polls.....so no worries yet.
His affect is still strong on all candidates.
And it could throw the Democrats off their game.
He is the ultimate Wild Card !!!!!!!

Hope cowgirl weighs in soon
Consider the reality ......

The fact that you think Trump "Holding that leverage card" (referring that Trump could be going to the election as a independent) is not a guarantee for the democrats to get elected ....... you are, with all due respect, completely delusional.

The fact that you think "he is the ultimate Wild Card" is exactly the problem - especially if you are a republican supporter.

Here are simple facts ...

In the US, in federal presidential elections, the spread is typically within (less than) 6-7% comparing the democrats versus republicans.

Trump is more likely to receive votes from Republicans based on his platform - all experts agree on this point and you can't intelligently dispute it.

If 8% of the republican vote either goes to Trump OR, alternately, 8% vote does not Hillary wins.

Why?

Cause 8 is bigger than 6 or 7.

That sucks ..... but it's the reality of the situation.

Consider that one for just a minute.

An honest question? have you not considered, or do you not have an understanding of that concept OR do you really think it's not a big risk?

( a serious question).
Old 08-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=killerpig;2920314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post

Yes the labor force participation rate started falling in 2000 and is projected to keep fall for the next few decades due to young people requiring more education, an aging population and partly because employment in US hasn't finished recovering. This will continue to happen regardless of who is president. Saying the economy is looking positive does not mean it is fully recovered yet. If that's not what you were implying then I'm not sure what your point is.
Talk to anyone living there that rely on food stamps in order to put food on the table with no hope of finding a job and they'll tell you just how bad things are down there If you listen to the lame stream media they'll tell you everything just fine the the recovery is just around the corner. Buy the time the next president takes office the U.S. Will be over 20 trillion in debt.There is only one candidate form both parties that can save the U.S. from total economic collapse and that's Donald Trump.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

The fact that you think Trump "Holding that leverage card" (referring that Trump could be going to the election as a independent) is not a guarantee for the democrats to get elected ....... you are, with all due respect, completely delusional.

The fact that you think "he is the ultimate Wild Card" is exactly the problem - especially if you are a republican supporter.

In the US, in federal presidential elections, the spread is typically within (less than) 6-7% comparing the democrats versus republicans.

Trump is more likely to receive votes from Republicans based on his platform - all experts agree on this point and you can't intelligently dispute it.

If 8% of the republican vote either goes to Trump OR, alternately, 8% vote does not Hillary wins.

Why?

An honest question? have you not considered, or do you not have an understanding of that concept OR do you really think it's not a big risk?

( a serious question).

First......your premise is flawed or you need to make your arguement clearer.
Trump's independant card has nothing to do with the Democrats getting in.
Its about what is Trumps best political party structure to get him elected.

2nd.....why oh why oh why do people still think its the Republicans vs Hillary Clinton????
You people are misinformed !!!!

Hillary could still be criminally charged if the justice system actually stands for "truth and justice"

Last edited by Luxor; 08-07-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Banned

Here's an example of how mindful voter's are....

Abortion is a higher priority than foreign policies in the middle east according to the average poller.

This is very disturbing and these are the people who actually vote.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
First......your premise is flawed or you need to make your arguement clearer.
Trump's independant card has nothing to do with the Democrats getting in.
Its about what is Trumps best party to get him elected.

2nd.....why oh why oh why do people still think its the Republicans vs Hillary Clinton????
You people are misinformed !!!!

Hillary could still be criminally charged if the justice system actually stands for "truth and justice"
Ok - the Hillary thing - fair enough - let's just agree to use "a democrat" as the democratic presidential nominee. I think we all like to bug Hillary - so it's more of a "editorial license" when using her as an example.

I also agree the US (and who's in power) has a significant effect on us here in Canada is 100% correct. The US is our largest source of GDP (trading partner) and we benefit from a healthy America for a healthy Canada.

BUT - I have to say your statement "Trump's independent card has nothing to do with a democrat getting in", which, I assume, means that you believe that Trump going to election as an independent will have no effect on the overall split of the conservative American vote, is 100% wrong.

Trust me - I am sure we have the same political goal in mind. But you are 100% wrong on this one.

Let me try and explain it another way that might make more sense - because what I'm saying is absolutely a very real risk. Read each point individually and if each point is plausible, and you have the end of the section, you will see what I'm saying ....

1) Let's say that 53% of the votes will be cast to the Republicans (a conservative vote) and the balance, 47% will go to the democrats (the liberal votes).

2) If Trump, decides at any point, for any reason whatsoever, he wants to run as an independent he is likely to get votes as an independent from the conservatives in the US.

3) These conservatives would have likely voted for a Republican.

4) More votes cast by conservatives over to Trump and not to the Republicans means less votes for the Republicans.

.........So, using the scenario above,

If Trump gets anywhere between 7% to 46% of the entire popular vote (and the balance in any scenario goes to the republicans, a Democrat will be elected as president.

What is concerning is ......

As an independent .....What are the chances Trump will get less than 7%?

As an independent ..... what are the chances he will get more than 46%?

Based on this scenario, which is plausible and realistic ...... Trump going to the election as an independent almost guarantees a Democratic president.

He is going to split the republican vote. It's that simple.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

Why?

( a serious question).
In the 2012 Obama revived 65 million votes Romney 60 million. The U.S. population is 320 million. there are 195 million people who didn't vote for what ever reason. There are plenty of votes for an independent with the right platform to take the election. Trump could be the one to do it.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
In the 2012 Obama revived 65 million votes Romney 60 million. The U.S. population is 320 million. there are 195 million people who didn't vote for what ever reason. There are plenty of votes for an independent with the right platform to take the election. Trump could be the one to do it.
I see you get it stringer
Old 08-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Of which how many are ineligible to vote because they are either minors or otherwise ineligible to vote?

The answer here:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/

You're not even close in your assumptions.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I see you get it stringer
I see he doesn't see it all... Lol.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok - the Hillary thing - fair enough - let's just agree to use "a democrat" as the democratic presidential nominee. I think we all like to bug Hillary - so it's more of a "editorial license" when using her as an example.

I also agree the US (and who's in power) has a significant effect on us here in Canada is 100% correct. The US is our largest source of GDP (trading partner) and we benefit from a healthy America for a healthy Canada.

BUT - I have to say your statement "Trump's independent card has nothing to do with a democrat getting in", which, I assume, means that you believe that Trump going to election as an independent will have no effect on the overall split of the conservative American vote, is 100% wrong.

Trust me - I am sure we have the same political goal in mind. But you are 100% wrong on this one.

Let me try and explain it another way that might make more sense - because what I'm saying is absolutely a very real risk. Read each point individually and if each point is plausible, and you have the end of the section, you will see what I'm saying ....

1) Let's say that 53% of the votes will be cast to the Republicans (a conservative vote) and the balance, 47% will go to the democrats (the liberal votes).

2) If Trump, decides at any point, for any reason whatsoever, he wants to run as an independent he is likely to get votes as an independent from the conservatives in the US.

3) These conservatives would have likely voted for a Republican.

4) More votes cast by conservatives over to Trump and not to the Republicans means less votes for the Republicans.

.........So, using the scenario above,

If Trump gets anywhere between 7% to 46% of the entire popular vote (and the balance in any scenario goes to the republicans, a Democrat will be elected as president.

What is concerning is ......

As an independent .....What are the chances Trump will get less than 7%?

As an independent ..... what are the chances he will get more than 46%?

Based on this scenario, which is plausible and realistic ...... Trump going to the election as an independent almost guarantees a Democratic president.

He is going to split the republican vote. It's that simple.
Good arguement.
I completely understand this statement over your last.
And I will agree to an extent....
why?????
Only because this is an epic and non conformist election.
This election is almost comparable to a civil uprising.
And Trump seems to be waking the dead and tapping into the real emotions of anti politically correct.
I won't disagree with you.
But I do believe this election is ground breaking.
I dont know how its going to turn out.
But as I said in my original post....."I like it"

Straight up.....I just want whats best for N America as a whole.
We're losing ground and its disturbing !!!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Gone Hunting

Trump as an independent? Nope. He does not have the infrastructure or the time to develop it.

I think he's entertaining but I'm not sure he's presidential material.
He is smart and business savvy, but he reminds me a of a guy who has watched hockey all his life and decides one day "I can do that".
The problem is he's a mediocre skater who is not afraid to get into it in the corners. So often he ends up skating like mad, but he does not have the puck.

He has talking points that resonate with the average working American. All important complex issues, but like this board there are a ton of experts with simple solutions to these very complex issues.

Illegal immigrants and secure borders. Huge problem from an economic standpoint and a safety and national security POV.

So if I have a problem like that at my place. I run the trespassers off and put up a fence. Simple solution. When it involves the whole country, as well as other countries that are trading partners or military allies, not so simple. When it involves generations of American citizens born to illegal immigrants, again not a simple fix.

18 trillion in debt so they can't afford to fix the problem. No big deal, we'll get Mexico to pay for it. So the U'S' simply sends them an invoice? Or do they call out the national guard to arrest 'American" citizens born the the illegals. How do you think that would play out if you were American born and bred for generations and they were arresting your grand kids?

The theory will get folks to rally round the flag, but the practicality and methodology lacks viability.

We've seen all through the Clinton and Obama years that the rule of law does not apply to everyone. It will be difficult at this late stage in the corruption to suddenly develop morals. There are way too many gators in this swamp for Trump to even think he can drain it.

That's just one of his talking points. He still has to rip up an international nuclear agreement, shut down the abortion clinics and get God back in the schools. Some place in there he also has to find a plan and the time and money to make America great again. There is already 18 trillion on the credit card and climbing by the minute.

He is still singing the same song today, he was when he started. How long before the supporters get tired of the same tune? He has 6 points and can't get past them.

If he runs as an independent he will just be a spoiler like Perot was, He also had all the buzzwords, but in the end, he couldn't get the brass ring.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I see he doesn't see it all... Lol.
He supports Trump
So in turn .... I support him.

Plus The Donald's suit looks better than yours moosey
Old 08-07-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Your math is off and thought process is presents some problematic issues. You are assuming everyone left who hasn't voted will suddenly feel compelled to vote for Trump.

The opposite is true - unfortunately.

1) You are assuming - All of those people who did not vote are eligible to vote. That's 100% incorrect. Buts let's focus on the remaining "eligible voters" who were not motivated to vote.

2) How do you motivate all those people who don't care to vote?

3) How can you make the assumption all of these newly motivated voters will vote for Trump?

Thats a big problem and here is why;

a) Generally, Higher income people are republicans and lower income voters are generally democrats.

b) The higher your income, the more likely you are to vote. So it stands to reason that the conservatives have a higher ratio of voter turnout.

so ..... it stands to reason most of the people left, who have not voted should, statistically, support the liberals not a conservative independent or republican.

This does not help Trump as an independent conservative or the Republicans.

I really wish it weren't that simple and I wish I was wrong. I am simply realistic. This is a plausible and likely scenario.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Trump as an independent? Nope. He does not have the infrastructure or the time to develop it.

I think he's entertaining but I'm not sure he's presidential material.
He is smart and business savvy, but he reminds me a of a guy who has watched hockey all his life and decides one day "I can do that".
The problem is he's a mediocre skater who is not afraid to get into it in the corners. So often he ends up skating like mad, but he does not have the puck.

He has talking points that resonate with the average working American. All important complex issues, but like this board there are a ton of experts with simple solutions to these very complex issues.

Illegal immigrants and secure borders. Huge problem from an economic standpoint and a safety and national security POV.

So if I have a problem like that at my place. I run the trespassers off and put up a fence. Simple solution. When it involves the whole country, as well as other countries that are trading partners or military allies, not so simple. When it involves generations of American citizens born to illegal immigrants, again not a simple fix.

18 trillion in debt so they can't afford to fix the problem. No big deal, we'll get Mexico to pay for it. So the U'S' simply sends them an invoice? Or do they call out the national guard to arrest 'American" citizens born the the illegals. How do you think that would play out if you were American born and bred for generations and they were arresting your grand kids?

The theory will get folks to rally round the flag, but the practicality and methodology lacks viability.

We've seen all through the Clinton and Obama years that the rule of law does not apply to everyone. It will be difficult at this late stage in the corruption to suddenly develop morals. There are way too many gators in this swamp for Trump to even think he can drain it.

That's just one of his talking points. He still has to rip up an international nuclear agreement, shut down the abortion clinics and get God back in the schools. Some place in there he also has to find a plan and the time and money to make America great again. There is already 18 trillion on the credit card and climbing by the minute.

He is still singing the same song today, he was when he started. How long before the supporters get tired of the same tune? He has 6 points and can't get past them.

If he runs as an independent he will just be a spoiler like Perot was, He also had all the buzzwords, but in the end, he couldn't get the brass ring.

Red

Trump's original points are steadfast and will remain the main goals.
His issues are clear and its these continual same issues that has gotten him support and its also changed how the other candidates have presented themselves.
He's a big player.
And Im sure he's a heads up corner man knowing full well the dangers of keeping his head down.

Give Peace a Chance.....HA !!!!!

Give TRUMP a chance .... is closer to the truth.

Nothing tiresome of straight forward solid policies.

I'd love to see him handle political affairs once instated.
Gonna be rough for the old guards I can tell you that !!!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Of which how many are ineligible to vote because they are either minors or otherwise ineligible to vote?

The answer here:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/

You're not even close in your assumptions.
If trump can keep 20 % of the GOP votes. Hillary I don't think will get 65 million votes like Obama did. Then there's 95 million eligible voters. Plenty of votes for an independent to win. Most people don't vote because they see no reason to vote because no matter who wins nothing changes. An independent with the right platform could pull it off. Just my .02 cents

And then there this.
http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/gop-stars...ing-to-happen/
Old 08-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your math is off and thought process is presents some problematic issues. You are assuming everyone left who hasn't voted will suddenly feel compelled to vote for Trump.

The opposite is true - unfortunately.

1) You are assuming - All of those people who did not vote are eligible to vote. That's 100% incorrect. Buts let's focus on the remaining "eligible voters" who were not motivated to vote.

2) How do you motivate all those people who don't care to vote?

3) How can you make the assumption all of these newly motivated voters will vote for Trump?

Thats a big problem and here is why;

a) Generally, Higher income people are republicans and lower income voters are generally democrats.

b) The higher your income, the more likely you are to vote. So it stands to reason that the conservatives have a higher ratio of voter turnout.

so ..... it stands to reason most of the people left, who have not voted should, statistically, support the liberals not a conservative independent or republican.

This does not help Trump as an independent conservative or the Republicans.

I really wish it weren't that simple and I wish I was wrong. I am simply realistic. This is a plausible and likely scenario.
Put a 1 in front of the 95 by mistake. People do make mistakes unlike yourself.
There you go corrected it for you.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Banned

For the love of god...
.please stop saying this is against Hillary !!!!!!

Its far too early to say that !!!!

Old 08-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Banned

Oh ya again........I didnt get the name "yappy fool" for nothin

So here I go again.

Trump is changing the face of politics.

And his character is disrupting the norm.

That is exactly why he is popular and exactly why he is important.

It doesnt even matter anymore about his ego or comedic effects.

He is being taken seriously now.

And even our US member "cowgirl" agrees.

Sit back and take it all in....there's so much more to come.

What confuses me most.....is why do people not understand his agenda ???
Because they can't look past his celebrity status.
If he was already a politician......people would be all in....just like Kennedy

Trump is a game changer !!!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:49 PM

My god! He must of finally typed himself to sleep!!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
My god! He must of finally typed himself to sleep!!!!
Are you referring to me ???

Moose should be bedded in by now

But like Trump.....you're still paying attention eh??

keep firing jedi
Old 08-07-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Are you referring to me ???

Moose should be bedded in by now
No not you.... That lone poster on page 3........
Just razzin you.... Figured you nodded off.( it's summer, us moose are active at night and hit the beds in the a.m... )
Old 08-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
No not you.... That lone poster on page 3........
Just razzin you.... Figured you nodded off.( it's summer, us moose are active at night and hit the beds in the a.m... )
Lone poster ???

I'll have a look see

Oh ya.....dont look into headlights at night while trodding down the road
Old 08-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Banned

not sure which lone poster u mean
Old 08-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Banned

I have looked at page three. Who?

I don’t know who the lone poster is.

Grey cat had valid points but no allies?

I apologise for interrupting.

Go politics!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
I have looked at page three. Who?

I don’t know who the lone poster is.

Grey cat had valid points but no allies?

I apologise for interrupting.

Go politics!
Cmon maan

Give us your Trump opinion

After all....it is a Trump thread and you should show some respect to the thread you posted on.

You can do it.....I have faith in you
Closed Thread