Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds View Post
I hunt 527/524 for moose, WMU 358/359 for mule does and Elk, early season I hunt 349/350 for whitetails and supplemental does. I live in FT SASK will hunt anywhere and anyone. Would be glad to help out anyone. I have a quad a 30ft camper and a 1ton truck. send me a PM Thanks Corey.
Anywhere and anyone huh? I know a safety guy in Conklin area that might need a grazing shot...lol..

Sounds like I might have found a hunting partner for my cow elk on the 20th. Waiting to hear back.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:20 PM

Thumbs up What wmu?

Where are you hunting the cow elk? I'll be heading up to 521 in 13 days to fill my cow elk tag. Still looking for a couple hunters. If you or another hunter are reading this and have a late season tag I'm welcoming another hunter. PM me if interested.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little redneck View Post
Where are you hunting the cow elk? I'll be heading up to 521 in 13 days to fill my cow elk tag. Still looking for a couple hunters. If you or another hunter are reading this and have a late season tag I'm welcoming another hunter. PM me if interested.

Thanks
Check in at the local fish &wildlife office they might be able to give you info where the elk are moving and what land owners by names who are having trouble with the elk on thr property.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Default Thanks for the reply

Hey thanks. I've been in contact with some members and appreciate the input. Looking forward to putting some game in the freezer.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikezilk View Post
Anywhere and anyone huh? I know a safety guy in Conklin area that might need a grazing shot...lol..

Sounds like I might have found a hunting partner for my cow elk on the 20th. Waiting to hear back.
Who caught that fish for you LOL.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Default Back country

Hey all,

I am looking to do some back pack hunts for Elk and spot and stalk in southern Alberta for Mule deer with the bow. If anyone is interested in some back country hunts let me know.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 AM

Cool Introduction

Hello fellow board members,

I am new to Alberta just moved from New Brunswick, I have been hunting for a few years so I am still a relative rookie, always eager to learn and looking to meet good people who share a passion for the Outdoors.

I have my own gear, gun etc... Don't hate me for being a lefty . I am located in the Grande Prairie area 27 years old.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Default Predator Hunting

Looking for a partner for wolves or yotes.

Quite new to predator hunting, looking for someone to show me the ropes of where how and when. Have my own gear and pickup. 25 year old mature male focused on safety!

I'm located in Morinville, PM me if you have the patients to help out a newcomer!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM

Hey all! I'm a new Alberta resident, originally from Ontario. This will be my 4th year of hunting and I've been an avid outdoorsman and angler my entire life. I just moved to the S. Edmonton area (Mill Woods) and am looking for hunting buddies. I'm willing to travel a few hours outside of Edmonton come hunting season.

My main interests are Whitetail Deer and upland bird hunting, however I have a nice shotgun, an awesome rifle and would love to get out for some coyote and goose/ duck hunting.

Let me know if you're a landowner or hunter familiar with some huntable land in Alberta!

Cheers,

Matt
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM

Default Looking for Yote Partner

Hey, I'm from Lethbridge, and looking for someone to show me around and tag along on some coyote hunts around Lethbridge area.. Just in school right now doing my apprenticeship program and have a bit of free time. Responsible individual. Have pretty much all the gear and a .222. Possible learning on skinning would be awesome too =D pm thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 AM

Hey I'm from Calgary, right down town. looking for someone to head out with to drop some coyotes and get scouting for big game. have some gear and could use some ideas on what else would be good to get. also looking for old rifles and gunsmithing equipment if anyone has anything theyre looking to get rid of at a good price.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 PM

Hey, new to hunting, but recently bought a bow. Would like to get out and learn. I know it's a while before bow season opens, but I honestly don't have much idea what I'm doing and am looking to learn. Live on the AB side of lloydminster. Send me a pm if anyone is willing to help. Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 PM

Also not very mobile, but want to get out wherever and whenever i can. Send me a pm if interested

Last edited by Dave the Demon; 02-03-2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: didnt realize was reposting in same thread
Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 PM

Would love to get out wolf hunting...never been. If anyone out there needs some help thinning out the pack give me a shout. I'm in edmonton but willing to travel a fair distance. 8yrs hunting exp. Pm me.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:53 AM

I wouldn't mind finding a hunting partner for the up coming season. I live in Cochrane and am fairly new to hunting. Prefer bow hunting but will also hunt with the rifle, just enjoy getting out. I mainly hunt deer and moose in general areas but would like to start putting in for draws as well. I usually hunt crown land in the waiparous area and sometimes around Sundre - Caroline areas. Would like to get out and do a lot of scouting for the next season as I wasn't able to hunt the past few seasons and I have not previously had the time to do so. Let me know if anyone is interested.

My name is Mike and I am 36 years old.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 05:48 PM

Hey everyone,

Im from calgary, 33yrs old, and looking to see if anyone would like to go out and maybe hunt for some coyotes or wolves, as well as do some scouting for all types of big game. I have a few ranches in the hwy 22/532 area that I have permission on as well as some great crown land areas. Even if you'd like to get together for some target and long range shooting. Send me a message.

Kevin
Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 AM

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,

My name is Gabriel (friends call me Gabe), from Edmonton, 31 years old, new to hunting, not so new to fishing, looking for a experienced hunting partner/partners to show me the up's and down's, hunt some good old wabbits, scout for the upcoming season.
I have my own gear, what im missing ill but it, i dont have a truck though (will have one starting april), but i dont mind splitting the costs.
I have a 10/22 for rabbits if someone wants to go out ill be off Friday to Tuesday.
I also have a 300wsm for some big game ...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM

Default Pm me

Hi kevlak. Just drop a pm to me and we can chat a bit more. Not sure whats happening with my outbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlak View Post
Hey everyone,

Im from calgary, 33yrs old, and looking to see if anyone would like to go out and maybe hunt for some coyotes or wolves, as well as do some scouting for all types of big game. I have a few ranches in the hwy 22/532 area that I have permission on as well as some great crown land areas. Even if you'd like to get together for some target and long range shooting. Send me a message.

Kevin
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM

I am 23 years old, been browsing these forums for a few months now but I am a new user.
I am out of whitecourt, AB. Originally from Barrie, ON. I am newer to hunting, if anyone would like to show me the ropes I willing to hunt anything. I have a half ton pickup with a can-am 800 quad. I have a shotgun with slug and variable choke barrels, sks rifle and a crossbow.
I am willing to learn to hunt as a skill to pass down to my unborn children
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm Kevin from Calgary. Relatively new to hunting, but have really caught the bug. Was always around it but my boys got more interest in the last couple of years so I got into it. Was able to get a mule and WT tail last year. Interested in trying all kinds of hunting. Doing some coyote in the next few weeks and would love to do some rabbit as well.

Still have a lot to learn but would love to get out with some others and enjoy Alberta's great outdoors

Kevin
Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 AM

Default Oh What A Lucky Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrant hunter View Post
This is my first season hunting in AB. I moved from the UK last year, but I have hunted 2 seasons in NB.(hunted in the UK for years)
I know from experience that finding a good hunting partner is harder than finding a wife!
I"ve met literally dozens of folks here and swapped numbers, never to hear from them again(actually, now that I think about it that"s the same thing that happenned when I was looking for a wife...)
Not sure who is worse off, I have been divorced twice but you have probably never been told what you can or cannot buy or told to sell your rifles! I am now only looking for a hunting partner in Central Alberta, would prefer one that thinks that alcohol and guns don't mix.
Scott
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 AM

Interested in just about any form of hunting and I have a great gopher spot on a farm just for fun on a Sunday afternoon if anybody wants to come.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 AM
Banned

I am looking for a reliable partner.

I mostly hunt coyote, rabbit and geese but may hunt just about anything if given the opportunity, married guy 32 years old work a good monday to friday schedule, have rifle and shotgun, live in Edmonton (far east end) but willing to travel virtually anywhere depending on the situation, have a few areas that I frequent but could always use more.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM

Default Within a hour of edmonton, elk

Lookin for a hunting buddie to go this fall for elk. I have a 2000 ford i use strictly for hunting. If anyone wants to go give me a shout in the future, could even go for a cruise during the summer to start scouting them out.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM

love to try out there
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM

Default Hunt Camp/ Group/ Buddies

Hey again forum-goers!

Looks like I'm going to have to go the route of posting every few weeks until I succeed...

I just moved to Edmonton from Ontario with my girlfriend for work. I'm a 25 year old guy, super friendly, enthusiastic about hunting and in great shape so I can hike/dog/ and drag whatever's needed.

I've been an avid angler my entire life and this will be my 4th year of hunting. I usually hunt deer and moose with two different camps back home. This year I'll be hunting here in my new homeland - I am now an official Alberta resident

Deer are my main quarry and my passion - they are smart buggers but I'm continually improving and always looking to try new prey. Would love to join anyone for any species. I love the camp atmosphere but would be happy to join another lone hunter if I can't find a group. Hoping to meet some new friends and share some great hunts.

If you know anyone is looking for a tag along for the upcoming season, or could direct me to some friendly folks who are, let me know! I'd really appreciate it. If you want to meet up for a beer two, it's on me!

Last edited by StillHunter1; 03-04-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM

Default back pack hunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndw View Post
Hey all,

I am looking to do some back pack hunts for Elk and spot and stalk in southern Alberta for Mule deer with the bow. If anyone is interested in some back country hunts let me know.
Any interest in spring bear? Im in Calgary and would like to get out in may. With the bow.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Default attention black bear hunters in the fort mcmurray area.

I have a few bait sites already established that were very successful last season for both spring and fall bears. Very active stands, planing on setting up one or more additional sites this year looking for a partner to help with baiting and set up I hunt as much as possiable and would like to have a hunting partner
Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 PM

Default Archery-Spring bear in 406

Hey there, anyone out there interested in checking out all the new cut overs in 406 this spring? I'm thinking spot and stalk and would like to have a partner.
I'm relatively new to hunting but not to the outdoors. 42 and have spent lots of time in the back country.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Default looking for hunting partner

hi folks I'm new to alberta original from ontario and want to get out hunting but no one to go with that knows the areas I've done a lot of duck goose coyote whitetail and some turkey hunting. I'm interested in some of the bigger game so if you are looking for a newbie to alberta or another person for your group please email at nate_k16@hotmail.com or I'm me on here thanks looking forward to getting out and meeting new ppl thanks nathan