Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2019, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Down 3-0 and Oilers have a whopping 2 shots on net. Hitchcock hockey lol. My dream of Oiler flames playoff series is dwindling
Becareful for what you wish for, just remind me about the Oiler/Flames head to head record in playoff games vs each. I'm waiting with anticipation for you to Google it and get back to us with the stats Regular season and playoffs, apples and oranges
Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 PM

Ooooh

Starting to look like lost spirit here.....

Lea go boys!

Show a bit here!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 PM

Lmao!!! past performance is not indicative to future performance. Lol plan on getting Gretzky back on skates? i like my odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Becareful for what you wish for, just remind me about the Oiler/Flames head to head record in playoff games vs each. I'm waiting with anticipation for you to Google it and get back to us with the stats Regular season and playoffs, apples and oranges
Old 01-05-2019, 08:54 PM

Wow, are they EVER bad. 25 years of rebuilding and all we have is McDavid? Terrible. Embarassing. Pathetic.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:56 PM

Worst part is the only team in history having 4 overall first pics in a decade or two or three lol. I honestly thought chia pet was better then this urghhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
Wow, are they EVER bad. 25 years of rebuilding and all we have is McDavid? Terrible. Embarassing. Pathetic.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:59 PM

I think I'm done with them. The organization is rotten at the core.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
The last time they met in the playoffs, was so long ago, every player from that series has since retired. Most of the current players, were not even born then.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:02 PM

Woah. Been playing cribbage with kids and my brother, just checked in on the game. Down 3-0 with only two shots...Woah. Did Hitch's shine wear off? What the heck, that is truly dismal. I was expecting a goal or two lead...don't think I will watch the rest either.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 PM

Hey

Shadaaap ya naysayers.....

We just settin em up..... gonna be a big period comin up.

U get ur elk TC?
Old 01-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Hey

Shadaaap ya naysayers.....

We just settin em up..... gonna be a big period comin up.

U get ur elk TC?
Nope. Went for a good long walk and fresh air. Saw a couple moose and mulie, but looks like my elk moved out, only really old sign. Going to head across Wapiti around Grovedale towards Two Lakes tomorrow.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-05-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It's sad when you have to celebrate accomplishments from a previous century , because you have no current success to celebrate. The Flames are currently leading a conference.
Top clubs are all about number of cups won vs. Amount of years in the league. Therefore Edmonton is a better club than Calgary. Win some more cups then come talk. #cityofchampions!!!!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:13 PM

4 shots only?!?!?

Ugh!
Cmon boys!!!!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Top clubs are all about number of cups won vs. Amount of years in the league. Therefore Edmonton is a better club than Calgary. Win some more cups then come talk. #cityofchampions!!!!
You really believe that, don't you? Try a different thought, don't compare the two teams at all. Just look at the oilers, right here today. Is this a championship team? If so, it shouldn't be changed at all, and Chia is a genius. If not.....well, polishing a turd will still make your fingers stink I expect.

I really wish they were a team that was up to the potential McD and Drai can bring. Would be great fun to watch, every shift.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Correction Edmonton WAS the better club. The only record they have held recently, was the most years not making the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
You really believe that, don't you? Try a different thought, don't compare the two teams at all. Just look at the oilers, right here today. Is this a championship team? If so, it shouldn't be changed at all, and Chia is a genius. If not.....well, polishing a turd will still make your fingers stink I expect.
At the moment flames are better. Overall, Edmonton is better. Probably always will be.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
At the moment flames are better. Overall, Edmonton is better. Probably always will be.
I almost heard part of you die to even say that. That was as near a concession as I could imagine, but I wasn't looking for one. Truly, I'd like to see that organization cleaned up from the top down, and McD breaking all the records and the team being a terror in the league. I love great hockey. Seeing talent get killed and ruined is really sad.....the fans deserve better, and the players aren't delivering. Just watching body language, it's so bad....McD is probably the greatest player who laced up, he deserves better...

Old 01-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I almost heard part of you die to even say that. That was as near a concession as I could imagine, but I wasn't looking for one. Truly, I'd like to see that organization cleaned up from the top down, and McD breaking all the records and the team being a terror in the league. I love great hockey. Seeing talent get killed and ruined is really sad.....the fans deserve better, and the players aren't delivering. Just watching body language, it's so bad....McD is probably the greatest player who laced up, he deserves better...
One of the best, what were the Penguins like when Mario was there at the beginning?? Wonder how long it takes to suck the life out of a PREMIER player surrounded by flakes who don't seem to show up night in night out??
Old 01-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
One of the best, what were the Penguins like when Mario was there at the beginning?? Wonder how long it takes to suck the life out of a PREMIER player surrounded by flakes who don't seem to show up night in night out??
There have been a number of times this season, during games like tonight that are dismal, and the camera will focus on McDavid's face on bench...and I think that there is no way a young man with that much skill and heart, should have such a look on his face...hard to even describe, just...blasted looking. Almost hopeless....and angry at the same time. Imagine if he had the caliber of team that Gretzky had? With Messier and Coffey and Fuhr and Lowe and so on....wow. That would be a fun team to watch. As opposed to Benning turning over the puck in his own zone instead of clearing, three times in a shift. Anyway...I really admire the sheer skill, talent, effort and heart of that young man. I genuinely feel bad for him, he has played on winning teams his whole life, and elevated those around him. This has to kill his soul. I hope it doesn't ruin him, it's a long contract. I want to see his full potential.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Banned

3rd period just started.. As Mr.Foley would say: ED... let the good times roll !!
Old 01-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Banned

Default Representing ....

The City of Memories——the EDmonton Soilers
Old 01-05-2019, 10:31 PM

Whellp...... dat din go well.

Boys gotta get some hop!

Pretty flat stuff.

Tomorrow! We’ll get em!
Old 01-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Banned

CBC Guys are laying a beating on the Oilers right now.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Banned

Almost a guarantee that tonight is the night Connor made up his mind he’s out when his chance comes.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Unless we tease you guys, no one talks!!!!

I am actually on my way to my very first Ringette game. I was invited by one of the family's on Willys team. I guess I will go see something new tonight. All these years in a arena and I have like no idea how that game is played.
Quote:
Which position are you playing ??
LOLOL..
2 things.

#1 My choice of entertainment tonight was watching the Oilers or watching 15 year old girls play Ringette... I choose correctly by what I am reading here.

#2 I could NOT have ever played with those girls I watched tonight. All of them such nice skaters. The level of passing was crazy good. I am actually kind of sorry that Ringette has dropped so far in popularity. Girls hockey really tried to kill it. What a fun sport to watch. Parents still bitch about the refs though. LOLOLOL I had no idea they only played 2 periods though. Fast fun game. I would go again for sure.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
Almost a guarantee that tonight is the night Connor made up his mind he’s out when his chance comes.
OUCH.. Really?
Old 01-05-2019, 10:56 PM

YeA...... not impressed with the lack of the team standing up for Connor and Drai. Gottastep up for your team mates here. That’s gotta happen.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
OUCH.. Really?
And this is coming from a lifelong fan and season ticket holder.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
I agree. And when he goes the team might as well pack up too. I'm just disgusted.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Banned

Caption this!!!
https://postmediaedmontonsun.files.w...1090312968.jpg

I have a few but I think I would get banned.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM

There isn't enough talent on the team, pure and simple. There is a guy on the 1st line with 2 goals this season, enough to said.

Reorganize for the Ducks tomorrow. If you're not going to score, maybe try hitting some of them.