Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
My ramblings aren’t neccisarily meant for u (funny u think it is though). How you talk in public is your concern, not much mine.

Beginning of the season, I figured we’d be in a position to almost be in a wildcard playoff spot. 1/2 way through the season and we’re about where I figured we’d be.

Our roster only works if it’s ALL healthy..... it was... and we squeaked out a bit of a streak.

We did above .500 with this roster at the first 10 games..... dat was pretty darned good considering the sched.

The evidence suggests that the roster could make it to the playoffs.... if a few things rolled the right way.

They haven’t. That’s life. That’s being realistic.

Edmonton’s key to success is develop via draft..... why?... cause Edmonton.... unfortunately it’s not that attractive a town to big $ NHLers. It just ain’t.

I’m sure the ICe District will help.... but it’s been a problem since before our 2006 run (see Prongers wife and her hate on for the town) and I just don’t think it’ll help much.

Chia should get a lot of credit for getting a better crop of almost NHL ready players.... but many of those guys are 2-3 years away from being an impact. He screwed up on Rhinehart for sure (I think that was a MacT idea personally). He also screwed up doing a panic pick with Pullijarvie... we shoulda stuck with Tkachuk (silly name).... but overall... he’s seriously improved that system and I believe this’ll pay future big time dividends...... IF we don’t raid the cupboard now to ‘just make a playoff appearance’.....

This years roster couldn’t make it passed the second round as is.

Some of his trades have helped a lot.... others..... meh. I think that the Lucic signing and the Dumba NOT signing at that time was a big problem right there.
It indicated to me that it’d take big $ to get big players to come here.... McJesus be damned. I sincerely believe that Chia’s or ANY gm for Edmonton has to deal with one hand tied behind his back. (Cept I still can’t figure out how the Peg got it done...)

I give us a 50% chance of making the plays offs. Place our long term gibbled defender Sekera on LTIR..... then talk buyout. Free up some $ that way.

Then gamble a second round to find a 2-3 defender that we can pay to stick around. Carolinas got some.... same with LA (if they are out of contention by end Feb).

Maybe trade Philly for Simmonds....? Talbot and our other third?

Right now I’d keep bringing up guys (D) for a cup of coffee... see how they pan out.

Try to stay in the fight.

Regain the dressing room somehow.... cause Luu is done... someone else’s gotta pick er up.

More ramblings.........
Prongers wife didn’t hate the city. Lol. She hated the A Channel news reporter Chris got involved with.

I do admire your positivity Bessie don’t get me wrong. But at this point I think the product on the ice doesn’t deserve the price of parking let alone buying a ticket. I didn’t watch the game last night and won’t watch tonight. They don’t deserve my time. If they deserve yours, hey that’s great.

Puljujarvi wasn’t a panic pick. He was a young stud during and before his draft year He’s just a typical European dud. As for Tkachuk, his pedigree is absolutey proven..
Old 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM

Default Oilers

Although I am not an oilers fan, I do feel sorry, for these players. They have no control, over Chias poor trade decisions. They are in a position now, that they only have the big guns left to trade. Every possible trade partner, knows the oilers are dealing from a position of weakness. Chia should not be aloud to make another trade, this season. Who ever takes over for him has their hand tied for a while. I feel sorry for a kid as young as McDavid, having to carry this much burden. He is so much fun to watch, and has so much talent . Just think how much better, he could be, playing with confidence, rather than despiration. He was far to young to be named captain, and I think this is going to hurt his career far more than help it. Could you imagine how good he could be on a contending team. This kid has way to much pressure on him.
Chia needs to go, and they need to be prepared for the trade deadline, and have some huge decisions to make. I hate to see any Canadian team fail, but this Management, and druglord owner, have proven to be incompetent.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post
Although I am not an oilers fan, I do feel sorry, for these players. They have no control, over Chias poor trade decisions. They are in a position now, that they only have the big guns left to trade. Every possible trade partner, knows the oilers are dealing from a position of weakness. Chia should not be aloud to make another trade, this season. Who ever takes over for him has their hand tied for a while. I feel sorry for a kid as young as McDavid, having to carry this much burden. He is so much fun to watch, and has so much talent . Just think how much better, he could be, playing with confidence, rather than despiration. He was far to young to be named captain, and I think this is going to hurt his career far more than help it. Could you imagine how good he could be on a contending team. This kid has way to much pressure on him.
Chia needs to go, and they need to be prepared for the trade deadline, and have some huge decisions to make. I hate to see any Canadian team fail, but this Management, and druglord owner, have proven to be incompetent.

They control the heart they have and the try they have. The Oilers had 16 shots on net last night against the last place team in their division. No heart, no try and no shots...

I agree with you in regard to the ownership. No passion for owning an NHL team whatsoever..
Old 01-06-2019, 03:13 PM

Default Prongers ‘prong’

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Prongers wife didn’t hate the city. Lol. She hated the A Channel news reporter Chris got involved with.

I do admire your positivity Bessie don’t get me wrong. But at this point I think the product on the ice doesn’t deserve the price of parking let alone buying a ticket. I didn’t watch the game last night and won’t watch tonight. They don’t deserve my time. If they deserve yours, hey that’s great.

Puljujarvi wasn’t a panic pick. He was a young stud during and before his draft year He’s just a typical European dud. As for Tkachuk, his pedigree is absolutey proven..
Ya... that got him into trouble you bet! But wifey was old St.louis society $ and family..... onway was she gonna stay in ‘the sticks’.

Puu WAS a panick improperly researched pick.... cause he was supposed to go earlier. Finns speak a bizzar Lang and we’re just not set up to naturalize European players properly.

Tkachuk was the way to go. He fit our success timelines better by far.

Spurley....... there’s a lot of chatter since Nov that the last few trades were not orchestrated by Chia.... but by Gretz and MacT...... which is bad bad bad news.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Default Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Ya... that got him into trouble you bet! But wifey was old St.louis society $ and family..... onway was she gonna stay in ‘the sticks’.

Puu WAS a panick improperly researched pick.... cause he was supposed to go earlier. Finns speak a bizzar Lang and we’re just not set up to naturalize European players properly.

Tkachuk was the way to go. He fit our success timelines better by far.

Spurley....... there’s a lot of chatter since Nov that the last few trades were not orchestrated by Chia.... but by Gretz and MacT...... which is bad bad bad news.
Bad news for sure. They need to clean house. They cannot keep this management group in place.
Look at Boston, since Chia departed.its gonna take a long time to dig out of this hole.
Interesting to see how they respond tonight.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, who do you actually cheer for other than Satan?
Satan started out as an Oiler and had a really good NHL career.
If he played in major markets, he would have got a lot more attention.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=16367

Getting rid of the Old Boys' Club should be step 1. Send a message to the fans that things are gonna change. With Lowe and the others out of the way, the Oilers might be able to attract some competent hockey people.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Has McClellan gone public yet about his time here or too soon?
Old 01-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Default Oilers

Will Chia return with the team, or will they leave him behind?
Old 01-06-2019, 06:14 PM

I hope the Oilers win this game. You guys keep Chia and Lucic lol
Old 01-06-2019, 06:33 PM

1-0!!!! Boooyah!!!!

From what I heard... Chias got family in Anaheim......so...
Old 01-06-2019, 06:37 PM

Default Oilers

Talbot looking good tonight.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:40 PM

Puuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

2-0!!!!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:43 PM

Dammit Rattie!

Put that in!!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Nice shortie. Good job by Nuge and Brodziak. I hope they whip the Ducks good. I hate the Ducks.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Shorty!!!!!!!!

3-0!!!

Ooooohhhyeaaaaa!!!!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Default Flames

Duck huntin.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Gawd I hate dem Ducks!!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Keep it going Oilers. Shoot those ducks good! You and me both Bessie
Old 01-06-2019, 07:01 PM

Flames guy but Hate the Ducks too
Old 01-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Banned

WOW...Nurse knocked that guy on his ass to stick up for DRAI WOW
Old 01-06-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
WOW...Nurse knocked that guy on his ass to stick up for DRAI WOW
Lately Nurse has been the only one standing up for anyone on the Oilers. Lucic doesn’t want to get a bruise on his beak. Kassian thinks he’s a goal scorer. JJ afraid to get suspended.

Nice to see Russel back on the ice. Good to see 98 pot one again.

BW
Old 01-06-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
. I hope they whip the Ducks good. I hate the Ducks.

But why?
Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
But why?
Because Getzlaf listens to banjo music before games to get pumped up, and Perry is a greasy dirty pos, and the flames couldn't beat them for love or money for too long. Now they can. But I still hate them.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 PM

4-0!!!!

Boooooyahhhh!!!!!
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Drai did a standing turtle with Getz...lol
Old 01-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Drai did a standing turtle with Getz...lol
How many punches does Getzlaf get before the refs call a penalty against him?

BW
Old 01-06-2019, 07:33 PM

It’s the dirty ducks.....

They got ‘compromising pics’ of all the refs. That’s why they can play so dirty...

I hate these guys.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:39 PM

McDavid gets cross checked in the numbers head first into the boards no call! WTF.
This is going get ugly if the refs don’t start doing their jobs!

BW
Old 01-06-2019, 07:46 PM

Dis..... not a good period boys !

Move dem foots!

Shoots dat puck!!
Old 01-06-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
How many punches does Getzlaf get before the refs call a penalty against him?

BW

Getzlaf and Kesler. Every time they play the Oilers. It's ridiculous. Still have memories of Kesler sitting on McDavid in the 16 playoffs.

What did Lucic do to warrant a double minor on the goal? Goal counted so it wasn't before. I saw him take the punch from Montour but imo he did nothing to deserve more than one minor. Refs are junk.