Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2024, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
He is getting a lot of help from the officials. McDavid and Draisaitl have been crosschecked to the ice on 4 occasions without a call but Nurse gets called for a nudge, Draisaitl gets call when a guy ran into him and Ekholm got a penalty because his stick broke. The bench penalty is a mystery as well, I guess Kane didn't stick the landing.

They were whining about the Oilers power play being too good yesterday so you could see it coming.
Watch Mcdavid in every corner scrum he is cross checking guys. Now he also takes alot but take off the blinders and see every team is doing it. End of the game he got it as well but just b4 he took an axe cut at Soucy.

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire
Old 05-12-2024, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Watch Mcdavid in every corner scrum he is cross checking guys. Now he also takes alot but take off the blinders and see every team is doing it. End of the game he got it as well but just b4 he took an axe cut at Soucy.
You're obviously an apostate.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-12-2024, 11:08 PM

Both teams are hacking and wacking each other so it’s not penalties wrecking the games or giving advantage to a certain team. Oilers need a goalie who can stop the puck and a bottom 6 forward lines that can produce some positive shifts to get some goals. This is the same issue every year this team has and if your a fan you know this. The exact samething happened last year against Vegas and this is no different.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:59 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Mighty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-13-2024, 07:10 AM

Those 10 minute lapses have cost them all year oh well get one tomorrow night and it's best of 3, pea another one away and

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:26 AM

How does this play out when Demko gets back in the next game?
Old 05-13-2024, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man of steel View Post
How does this play out when Demko gets back in the next game?
Maybe the Oiler’s can borrow Vancouver’s backup goalie. I almost feel sorry for Skinner because he is at the level he is. He is not an elite goalie, it is what it is. He is in over his head and trying but not cutting it to make a serious run for the cup. I think management is at fault imo.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:26 AM

Complain all you like about Skinner , he’s the guy. He’s the best they have at the moment. I am sure if there was a better proven goalie available at the trade deadline that they could’ve got , they would have.

Getting mad at Skinner isn’t going to change anything ,I am pretty sure he isn’t throwing the games.

The one common denominator with all of Edmontons goalie troubles is the Goalie coach so ya, might wanna start there.

That said. The last time I looked, it’s a seven game series .
Old 05-13-2024, 09:33 AM

Have to agree with the previous comments about the Oilers goaltending. Skinner is having trouble in this series, but if he were playing at the elite goalie level I could see the Oilers being up 2 games to 1 in the series.
Have to lay the blame at Ken Holland's door step for this one. The signing of Campbell to be the answer in goal was a disaster. And then not making a deal during the year for a replacement for him was a dumb move. If the Oilers drive for the cup gets derailed, Ken Holland has to take a fair amount of the blame.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:58 AM

Vancouver is happy with Lindholm after that game.

I shake my head. Oilers should be able to over power the Canucks with shots. Defense is still driving me nuts.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-13-2024, 10:01 AM

I'm putting blame on the Canuck's goal posts.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Complain all you like about Skinner , he’s the guy. He’s the best they have at the moment. I am sure if there was a better proven goalie available at the trade deadline that they could’ve got , they would have.

Getting mad at Skinner isn’t going to change anything ,I am pretty sure he isn’t throwing the games.

The one common denominator with all of Edmontons goalie troubles is the Goalie coach so ya, might wanna start there.

That said. The last time I looked, it’s a seven game series .
Last time I checked it’s not the goalie coach strapping on the pads and playing the game. Guys in front of him are doin everything they can do to keep the game close and yet there short one goal in the end. He’s gotta be better and make a save when needed im so sick of seeing this guy let in bad goals every night when the 2 best players in the world are giving them a chance to win.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
Last time I checked it’s not the goalie coach strapping on the pads and playing the game. Guys in front of him are doin everything they can do to keep the game close and yet there short one goal in the end. He’s gotta be better and make a save when needed im so sick of seeing this guy let in bad goals every night when the 2 best players in the world are giving them a chance to win.
What’s your solution? The coach obviously doesn’t trust Picard or Cambel to to be better than Skinner
Old 05-13-2024, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
Have to agree with the previous comments about the Oilers goaltending. Skinner is having trouble in this series, but if he were playing at the elite goalie level I could see the Oilers being up 2 games to 1 in the series.
Have to lay the blame at Ken Holland's door step for this one. The signing of Campbell to be the answer in goal was a disaster. And then not making a deal during the year for a replacement for him was a dumb move. If the Oilers drive for the cup gets derailed, Ken Holland has to take a fair amount of the blame.
Agree 100%
Old 05-13-2024, 10:27 AM

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-13-2024, 12:47 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
I'm putting blame on the Canuck's goal posts.

Oversized goalposts are the new thing kinda like oversized goalie gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-13-2024, 01:58 PM

Quote:
What’s your solution? The coach obviously doesn’t trust Picard or Cambel to to be better than Skinner
Solution play the other goalie it’s why he’s the next in line!!!!
Old 05-13-2024, 02:03 PM

I have said this in a previous post.... Elite goalies can win a team hockey games... The Oilers aren't fortune enough to have one... just sayin
Old 05-13-2024, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
Solution play the other goalie it’s why he’s the next in line!!!!
Send an email to Knoblauch. Im sure he would appreciate the advice.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=jungleboy;4723313]Send an email to Knoblauch. Im sure he would appreciate the advice.[/QUOTE. Unfortunately I don’t have his email but I don’t think kris needs my advice, I’m sure he is smart enough to figure it out.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=Curtsyneil;4723324]
Quote:
Send an email to Knoblauch. Im sure he would appreciate the advice.[/QUOTE. Unfortunately I don’t have his email but I don’t think kris needs my advice, I’m sure he is smart enough to figure it out.
That’s all I’m sayin. 👍
Old 05-13-2024, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniaw24 View Post
I have said this in a previous post.... Elite goalies can win a team hockey games... The Oilers aren't fortune enough to have one... just sayin
How many times have I said that! Feel like a broken record
Old 05-13-2024, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
How many times have I said that! Feel like a broken record
If only the Oilers management read this forum ,they could have a much better grasp on what needs to be done.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:25 PM

Back in the day that would be a good scrum, now??

That’s laughable, where was all the tough guys on the Oil??
Already sword fighting in the shower??…
Old 05-13-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniaw24 View Post
Kipper was a prime example of that. Made a mediocre team look better than they were
Old 05-13-2024, 09:52 PM

The last 15 regular season games the oil were very happy with just stick checking playing in other words “soft”! Granted possible injury’s but common we aren’t the leafs. It’s now transferred into there game these playoffs. Not shocked why nobody came a running to conners aid when he’s laying on the ice defenceless. It’s bs they gotta wake up and get there game goin. I’m not sure if guys are hurt or what’s goin on start playing for keeps and start taking names and get in this series!! Calling out mcloud , fogele , brown, holliway,wake up and get goin there’s no better time than now!
Old 05-14-2024, 04:46 AM

Quote:
If only the Oilers management read this forum ,they could have a much better grasp on what needs to be done.
Well Holland can contemplate it while watching the rest of the playoffs on tv in the golf course bar. I am not an expert by any means but the fact that Campbell was a disaster and Skinner who is an average backup at best is now “the man”. I will gladly eat crow and like to see the Oiler’s go all the way but I don’t see it happening with the team they have now. Let’s see how they do tonight. When starting goalies get pulled in a playoff game there is a reason for that. Let’s be honest, Skinner has let in some goals that other goalies would stop with ease. Sure even the best let in a bad one at times, they are human but when it’s more than that it’s a problem.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:10 AM

Problem with Skinner,he shows moments of brilliance like the rest of Oilers players do. Then back to mediocre again like the rest of Oiler players do.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Back in the day that would be a good scrum, now??

That’s laughable, where was all the tough guys on the Oil??
Already sword fighting in the shower??…
that RNH backhanding was embarrassing .....lol
1 game suspension for cross checking Connor to the face, priceless....
5 K to Zodorov for throwing Kane into the bench and cross checking McDavid into Soucy's crosscheck is the best 5k he ever spent...
Old 05-14-2024, 09:32 AM

A word of advice to Stuart Skinner, quit re-arranging your clothes in your California Closet. You say to achieve greatness it is about the details. There will be plenty of time to do that rearranging...and perhaps packing in the offseason.