Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-10-2023, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Times have changed a bit Thumper but you will always get idjits making negative comments like that!
I can't post pics from my phone, was never able to figure it out.
Dick284 showed me how to join IMGUR however, and I can post them from my computer easy enough.
Cat
I post photos using Imgur from my phone all the time.
Old 09-10-2023, 07:01 AM

Facebook, Instagram, etc have been killing off forums all over N. America, local provincial or state groups, friend groups, species groups, created on there all over the place from about 2010-15. Various duck & goose and hunting forums have had postings cut waaaay down or even disappeared over the years due to that. There are some gun forums that are still "ok" due to FB/YT restrictions. Plenty of "stars" on You Tube too, and folk who created their own websites.

I have to remember which camera I used to figure which method to use to post pics here, my Fuji camera, load to PC, post straight on here no sweat, no apps needed. My Canon camera, have to post to FB and re down load from there and post from PC, or post to Imgur and repost here using BBC code, the pics straight from the Canon will not post straight off the PC to here. Be nice to be able to post PDF's here too, I have no idea how to cut and paste from PDF's, and there has been some really good stuff I couldn't post. Other places, no issues.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:42 AM

You would think that the owners of the forum, if they were interested in making it a better place and create more users would make the forum more user friendly. They could post some “ how to” instructions but nothing.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:07 PM

I'm not tech savvy, that's my reason. I'm not interested in downloading more apps to do it either. For me it's pretty much that simple. I have an open Instagram profile so I am not secretive in showing pics to the roughly 5000 people that follow my page which is basically only hunting, fishing, trapping with the odd family thing thrown in to the mix. Thanks to all those that do post.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
You would think that the owners of the forum, if they were interested in making it a better place and create more users would make the forum more user friendly. They could post some “ how to” instructions but nothing.
At least there's a "how to" sticky:

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=330170
Old 09-13-2023, 07:13 PM

Sounds like owners really need to make an upgrade to the server
Old 09-14-2023, 10:56 PM

Hey Thumper, I read your post and believe my comment made you feel negatively about your technology skills. I’m sorry about that. You’re right that just because it’s easy for one person doesn’t mean it’s easy for another.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Times have changed a bit Thumper but you will always get idjits making negative comments like that!
I can't post pics from my phone, was never able to figure it out.
Dick284 showed me how to join IMGUR however, and I can post them from my computer easy enough.
Cat
After reading this, I went to the IMGUR site, and I just don’t understand it. I’ll have to revisit it with a teenager at my shoulder!