Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Slow clap for you.
If people would take this sensible response to ignorance in life we'd stop glamorizing the imbeciles by giving them airtime.

This said, it is equally imbecilic to assume men and women are not different, that there may be a visible preference in the industries they choose and in general excel in. There are exceptions to all rules of thumb.
As far as flying a plane, all I care about is their hours and how they handle themselves when SHTF. Which washroom they use doesn't matter.

In this instance I think both people had a right to their opinion and to say something. I personally believe the lady pilot lowered herself to the level of the note writer.

I find it quite funny that one of of our infamous members had a problem with the note writer's expression of opinion under the cloak of anonymity. Rather ironic given their outspokenness toward others.....
Clap faster

The note didn't even deserve a response, IMO.

There is no proof either that it is anything other than bogus.

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 03-08-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doetracks View Post
Clap faster
....did I mention all women are bossy?
Yes, dear.....
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 PM

The hardest thing to believe about all of this is that it made the news....
Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembo View Post
Exaaaactly!

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 03-08-2014, 09:53 PM

If it was a set-up, they did a reasonable job with it. That it coincidentally (or was timed) to just precede whatever women's day just occurred ads suspicion. They did however make the video response look like it was thrown together quite rapidly, with low production values and no fancy camera work or editing; perhaps because it was or perhaps to add 'this all just happened' credence to another viral marketing campaign of theirs. One that this time wasn't obvious marketing like playing Santa with curiously blue hats. Had they shot that video with higher production values we'd all be crying 'set-up'.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Slow clap for you.
If people would take this sensible response to ignorance in life we'd stop glamorizing the imbeciles by giving them airtime.

This said, it is equally imbecilic to assume men and women are not different, that there may be a visible preference in the industries they choose and in general excel in. There are exceptions to all rules of thumb.
As far as flying a plane, all I care about is their hours and how they handle themselves when SHTF. Which washroom they use doesn't matter.

In this instance I think both people had a right to their opinion and to say something. I personally believe the lady pilot lowered herself to the level of the note writer.

I find it quite funny that one of of our infamous members had a problem with the note writer's expression of opinion under the cloak of anonymity. Rather ironic given their outspokenness toward others.....
x2 on everything, my thoughts exactly
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

The guy was just upset because he is an oilers fan and had to vent somehow so he wrote a note...oilers fans are all the same!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembo View Post
Hey, it got Westjet some publicity. Never thought much about it. Wonder just how many female pilots AC has ? Doesn't require a Charles Atlas to fly an airplane anymore and women managed to it in the past. I'll be asking though, who's at the controls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs9bWEYt9qY

Grizz