Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Banned

Hired to hunt is probably my favorite and mojo outdoors usually has waterfowl hunts as well.
I used to like Outdoor Quest a way back when there show included fishing and was filmed a lot more locally (Alta, Sk, BC), couldn't care anything about all the New Zealand/Russian/ South Africa stuff etc. stuff.
Dimestore definitely the worst of all time, if they fished a local lake I would sometimes mute and watch as I do with a few other shows.
Meateater seems popular I will have to check it out.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnvdeedle View Post
And there it is. lol The oh so predictable slam on TJ from elkhunter11, happens every single time one of these tv show threads pops up. Why are you so obsessed with him? It's weird.
This goes way back to when TJ was a member on here. They argued constantly about reloading, scopes, and other things hunting. One time they both got suspended as they would not let up on a topic, don't remember what it was but they both got a time out. TJ never came back and it appears the hard feelings have lived on...................and maybe a bit of jealousy to.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I forgot about Jackie Bushman and his little puppet, lol.

Anyone remember the PBS offering Fred Trost’s Michigan Outdoors?
I think Fred Trost got sued over his big series on deer/hunting scents (basically said they were hoax) and was sued by some of the big manufactures he lost, and was gone from the show. Not sure if it is still around but his son took over the show when Fred got punted.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Red Fisher. My first outdoor show I watched.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:59 PM

Canadian WT
Cody and Kelseys show
Brad Frys show.
All the above are well beyond others. Congrats to you.

Why do so many think they can be alstars lol.

To many others completely suck with unethical shots stupid arrogant comments etc.

To many trying to make it iff tge backs of others.......including Wild TV. Its content in many cases is questionable at best. Example ..... Bear whisperer...... Brutal. Dimestore ......wow what a waste of time.

My 2 cents
Old 10-05-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
This goes way back to when TJ was a member on here. They argued constantly about reloading, scopes, and other things hunting. One time they both got suspended as they would not let up on a topic, don't remember what it was but they both got a time out. TJ never came back and it appears the hard feelings have lived on...................and maybe a bit of jealousy to.
That was nothing, the 2 sheeps, that was hate.... lol. Hunter and guide.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think Fred Trost got sued over his big series on deer/hunting scents (basically said they were hoax) and was sued by some of the big manufactures he lost, and was gone from the show. Not sure if it is still around but his son took over the show when Fred got punted.

Really bob?

Next you’re gonna tell me about how Santa got charged with hit and run and a DUI!!!

Im gonna pretend I never heard about that
Old 10-05-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Really bob?

Next you’re gonna tell me about how Santa got charged with hit and run and a DUI!!!

Actually happened!
What got him in trouble was the fact that he named Buck Stop and did a series of shows on expose the farce thay the lure industry is!
After watching those shows I make a habit of using my own fresh urine in mock scrapes - the results are amazing, the scrapes get tore right up overnight!
Cat
Old 10-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really bob?

LOL unfortunately true, not sure if I got the facts exactly right but he was sued by a company called Buckshot or something like that for 4 million. The wife, son had some legal issues after that as well suing each other, sort of turned into a bit of shyte show.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:25 PM

Default Best hunting show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoch View Post
Can’t say I’ve seen an episode where Rinella took a stupid or unethical shot, seen him pass on opportunities that looked pretty good because he thought they weren’t ethical though.
Agreed, I like Rinella. I think he is smarter than to let something unethical tarnish his image. He would be a great guy to hunt with for sure. No truck hunting with him. Brad Fry’s show was excellent too. I wish it was still on. On the fishing side, Robson Green is alway good for a chuckle, I find his show entertaining. That meathead that calls himself the bear whisper is a top notch goof. So is the dimebag fisherman. They are both right up there with the king of fools, Jordan Walsh. All 3 of those rubes give me a quick case of the dry heaves. Actually I hardly ever watch Wild anymore. 90% of the shows are a waste of my time.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 10-05-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: More content
Old 10-05-2018, 08:39 PM

No mention of Trigger Effect. What's the verdict on it?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
If you are going to tell a story, at least tell it right. One person was suspended, the other person threw a huge hissy fit, and left on his own. He was never suspended, only the people that he argued with were.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 10-05-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Actually happened!
What got him in trouble was the fact that he named Buck Stop and did a series of shows on expose the farce thay the lure industry is!
After watching those shows I make a habit of using my own fresh urine in mock scrapes - the results are amazing, the scrapes get tore right up overnight!
Cat
Trost did a simple calculation that proved that the small amount of deer Buck Stop had, could not possibly provide the amount of urine that they sold every year. Buck Stop had the money to spend in curt, Trost didn't, so Trost left the show as part of the settlement. Trost later went to law school ad became a lawyer as a result. Trost then started his own show, the Practical Sportsman.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you are going to tell a story, at least tell it right. One person was suspended, the other person threw a huge hissy fit, and left on his own. He was never suspended, only the people that he argued with were.
Correct. He’s a demi god. Half the time when guide and hunter went at it, tj was the one should of got the time outs.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 PM

But as far as business decisions go, best thing he could of done was leave here.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
But as far as business decisions go, best thing he could of done was leave here.
Didn't he just change his name?
Old 10-05-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Didn't he just change his name?
I don’t know. Don’t think so
Old 10-05-2018, 10:56 PM

The spot and stalk mule deer hunting on Live 2 Hunt with Cody Robbins is hard to beat. I like fatal impact for the same reason. They ride their bikes into hard to access areas and the mule deer hunting with the bow is great.

Even though they bait and plug big and j nonstop, I can’t miss dean partridge Canadian whitetail just for the crankers they shoot.

I like major league bow hunter with chipper jones just for the in depth discussions on stand placement, wind direction, path walking in. They have good discussions and good graphics on these points. Why they setup in a certain area, for a certain wind, and where they expect the deer movement.

I’ve hated dimestore fisherman for almost 20 years now.

And of course I miss Tiffany being on Wild tv for obvious reasons.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Default yes he changed the shows name

my memories say Fred https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...ith_widow.html

added a few words to the show title, and it went on for a bit, was the only show I could afford and watch when young.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Red Fisher. My first outdoor show I watched.
X2 on Redfisher first Lodge I worked at in Manitoba had two of his old cruiser boats.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
I obviously don't remember it exactly, wasn't really that important to me. If you knew why didn't you answer, as obviously it was and STILL IS a pretty big deal for you.

TJ was attacked almost daily on here back then, and rarely was anything done. I was not necessary a big fan of his but there was no discarding his knowledge he had plenty of that. Some members were so envious of him on some of those threads..........they were bleeding green.

Also never knew about Trost becoming a lawyer. He seemed like a good guy, liked his show and he made some good points about the bait. Went on to be a lawyer and got a new show.............good for him.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I obviously don't remember it exactly, wasn't really that important to me. If you knew why didn't you answer, as obviously it was and STILL IS a pretty big deal for you.

TJ was attacked almost daily on here back then, and rarely was anything done. I was not necessary a big fan of his but there was no discarding his knowledge he had plenty of that. Some members were so envious of him on some of those threads..........they were bleeding green.

Also never knew about Trost becoming a lawyer. He seemed like a good guy, liked his show and he made some good points about the bait. Went on to be a lawyer and got a new show.............good for him.
People that find themselves in arguments on an almost daily basis with a large number of other people, are not always victims, they often instigate the attacks, with their own behavior. And when they get banned for life on Gunnutz, it is a good indication that they were an instigator.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Other things are green like envy....like baby poop and vomit...maybe that’s why they were green?

LC
Old 10-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
X2 on Redfisher first Lodge I worked at in Manitoba had two of his old cruiser boats.

It was quite the show. He shot ducks released out the barn door, as well as shooting tame pheasants. He was a great sportsman. All in the name of a TV show.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Other things are green like envy....like baby poop and vomit...maybe that’s why they were green?

LC
Old 10-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
People that find themselves in arguments on an almost daily basis with a large number of other people, are not always victims, they often instigate the attacks, with their own behavior. And when they get banned for life on Gunnutz, it is a good indication that they were an instigator.
Being an instigator isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some of the media types/members I like best are the ones who instigate discussions on things that need to be discussed. It is usually the much less knowledgeable members that are exposed as very uneducated on the topic which is when the attacks start.

I am rarely on Gunnutz but I know on this site that many of the most knowledgeable members either left on their own or were banned because of the constant attacks with no support.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Agreed, I like Rinella. I think he is smarter than to let something unethical tarnish his image. He would be a great guy to hunt with for sure. No truck hunting with him. Brad Fry’s show was excellent too. I wish it was still on. On the fishing side, Robson Green is alway good for a chuckle, I find his show entertaining. That meathead that calls himself the bear whisper is a top notch goof. So is the dimebag fisherman. They are both right up there with the king of fools, Jordan Walsh. All 3 of those rubes give me a quick case of the dry heaves. Actually I hardly ever watch Wild anymore. 90% of the shows are a waste of my time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwF02n-015s&t=120s

Here's the video of Rinella. No clear view of any vitals. Even said "One shouldn't do this but I do it, Boom!"
After he took the shot he knew right away that it "wasn't enough to seal the deal".
Wounds it, charges him, gun mess up when approaching it, endangers himself and others.
Calamity of errors from a so called "professional hunter"...
Old 10-06-2018, 03:41 PM

Wow after hearing all the good things about this show I don't know if I want to watch it

Old 10-06-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Wow after hearing all the good things about this show I don't know if I want to watch it

Thing is, he showed it. Others would of edited that part out. At least he owned up to his mistake and even aired it. Thinking other hosts pulling the same mistake would of swept it under the rug, never to be known.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Younger viewers may think twice about less than optimal shots after watching.