Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Sure are a lot of vet haters on here.

on subject;

I guess it's how one moves about their environment,, I've never had a reason to be armed (and I've lived in some pretty sketchy american neighbourhoods), nor do I feel a need to look over my shoulder in my day to day. I live in the city. On a farm - well - I had a thread on that a few months back regarding a local constabulary to act as back up for those more remote places.

As for the linear thinking CCW crowd,, seriously, you think I'll be reaching for a gun or the phone if someone comes into my home?
I seriously doubt I would ever carry a gun myself, other than maybe for plinking a grouse or something. I however, do not suffer from the paranoid delusion that just because everyone has the freedom to do so, that there will be bullets flying all over the streets. This liberal paranoia of guns and fellow man as exhibited by fishgunner and others, is ridiculous and has zero basis in fact or stat. It's a made up fantasy he has. A justification for his malplaced belief that people are inherently incompetent or evil as evidenced by his derogatory slight against the good people of Georgia.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Literacy is not the ability to not make spelling mistakes . It is the skill of reading and writhing typing is the skill I lack I am highly literate terribly unskilled at typeing .
With the reagan example how did 10-20 armed trained individuals stop a shooting ... they did not one killed three injured iirc with an instant response . So umm more guns is just grasping at straws as posted sandy hook was surrounded by armed individuals made not one iota of differance just like in the reagan incident.
Quote:
iirw then I thought mr brady passed from his wounds . And if we look at history all the guys with firearms are standing around looking for some one to shoot and an unarmed (not actualy holding a firearm) person took down the shooter , much like in RFK 's passing. So aactually in both thoses cases brave men stopped the shooter not armed individuals. Hmmm bravery in these cases was by far a better response than grabing a fire arm. Who knew ???
Quote:
And your still wasting seconds reaching for your firearm. If one Is not busy filling there drawers. Pointless theory see last post.
Quote:
I go answer the door in the aproprate manner fear is the enemy not the person at the door lol if you dont know some one is liable to be showing up miffed you need yer head looked at . I have a few door stops before firearms are required. Imo killing another human is a last resort not a first response. Like with like is my thoughts no bravery in shooting some drunk guy banging on the wrong door
Quote:
Once they cross that very crucial threshold then I will use the appropriate force to subdue the assailant the missus will be holding a 12ga. Like with like I dont need a gun to defend me or mine . Some do with little understanding of what the repercussions actually are.
Quote:
Notice cross threashold . Not take grocery shopping . Where did I every post dont trust ?? Get trained carry what ever you like just like the swiss for the 85856537853 th time.
Literacy and logic are both lacking in all of this gibberish.
You are a poorly trained person at best and prefer to use skewed statistic to support your, again, poorly deduced presuppositions.

Your condescension is bland and gives the people you talk down to a feeling reminicent of tossing flavorless patè around your mouth.
The texture and lack of enjoyment quickly become appalling.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Sure are a lot of vet haters on here.

on subject;

I guess it's how one moves about their environment,, I've never had a reason to be armed (and I've lived in some pretty sketchy american neighbourhoods), nor do I feel a need to look over my shoulder in my day to day. I live in the city. On a farm - well - I had a thread on that a few months back regarding a local constabulary to act as back up for those more remote places.

As for the linear thinking CCW crowd,, seriously, you think I'll be reaching for a gun or the phone if someone comes into my home?
Gust, simply disagreeing with someone does not mean you have hatred for them.

I live in a nice neighborhood, my business is in a so-so neighborhood. I carry almost everyday. It has nothing to do with being paranoid or scared. I also wear my seatbelt and have fire insurance on my house. Doesn't mean I leave the house everyday thinking I'm going to get in a car wreck or have my house burn down.

If I ever find myself in a bad situation I rather be prepared than otherwise.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well I look at the pages of countries around the world wit reasonable restrictive firearms laws . Then I look at the us guess what that shows 1# the us is a mess #2 there more worried about carring guns than each other #3 see one and two . Now add 300 million guns guess what you get .... lots of people getting shot ?? Not sure how else to look at that. see what every one is missing imo is the motivated individuals (ie the shooters) cannot be stopped with any amount of law or fire power imo the US has the market cornered in motivated individuals with guns . Is the rest of the planet well ajusted ? Doubt it so as Sherlock would suggest what is left ??? Too many guns .... bingo . Self centered society thats scared of its own shadow with out a care of the other guy imo .
What makes you think a criminal willing to break murder laws would not break gun laws.

What you are advocating is disarming law abiding gun owners.

Law abiding gun owners do not commit gun crime.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Literacy and logic are both lacking in all of this gibberish.
You are a poorly trained person at best and prefer to use skewed statistic to support your, again, poorly deduced presuppositions.

Your condescension is bland and gives the people you talk down to a feeling reminicent of tossing flavorless patè around your mouth.
The texture and lack of enjoyment quickly become appalling.
You have no position out side of insult . Ahh bravo all those words with nothing said. Do you have a opinion or just the ability to attack an others.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Sounds like a good common sense bill.

Shootings for the most part seem to occur in "gun free" zones.

Columbine, Fort Hood (x2), Colorado theater, Newtown school. It's funny that liberals are using the usual tag lines of "extreme" etc etc.

Here's some facts that not a lot of people aren't aware of it would seem.

In Columbine, the shooters ignored gun laws on their way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Newtown, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Fort Hood 2009, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Fort Hood 2014, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

etc etc etc etc

Not sure why this is such a big deal. Lots of paranoid people running around afraid of shovels and rakes it would seem.
Dumbest thing you've ever said...a new low actually.

I was not aware that that short list could account for more than a fraction of the total shootings in the US over the last several years but I guess you know better....

Otherwise... folks in Georgia can can do whatever they like but I doubt that it will make much of a difference when violent crimes are already in a general decline in most of the US and Canada already.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
What makes you think a criminal willing to break murder laws would not break gun laws.

Law abiding gun owners do not commit gun crime.
No my position is responsible gun owners embrace training . Or we can all just throw insults. thats productive. Lol most gun crime is commited by law abiding folks right up till they make the choice to break the law.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=expmler;2391589]What makes you think a criminal willing to break murder laws would not break gun laws.

Law abiding gun owners do not commit gun crime.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a self serving statement ...no?

Everyone is law abiding until they commit a crime including law abiding owners like that ex cop in the theatre... or that pilot they just caught at the airport here...for instance.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Dumbest thing you've ever said...a new low actually.

I was not aware that that short list could account for more than a fraction of the total shootings in the US over the last several years but I guess you know better....

Otherwise... folks in Georgia can can do whatever they like but I doubt that it will make much of a difference when violent crimes are already in a general decline in most of the US and Canada already.

Last edited by rugatika; 04-04-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Gust, simply disagreeing with someone does not mean you have hatred for them.
There was some vet slagging, which is unacceptable.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:26 PM

I personally don't see myself carrying a gun in my pocket everywhere I go .gawd my pockets are heavy enough as it is..Although a leatherman with a .22 cal pistol under the screwdriver could be handyThat said I can see how it might make for a slightly more polite society.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Your condescension is bland and gives the people you talk down to a feeling reminicent of tossing flavorless patè around your mouth. The texture and lack of enjoyment quickly become appalling.
Whoa!!! Slow down there fella,, in these parts we call it liver sausage.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
There was some vet slagging, which is unacceptable.
Thick skin big guy. I got ya three pages solo in... oh 6 hrs BDB can carry till 0800 I pick up the slack then ...im off to 5 $ Guinness pints
Old 04-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Banned

My Thread, No Personal Slagging, just debate,, questions:answers.

Humour and those thing called meme's are welcome too (more welcome if you create your own).

Civil debate with an edge is ok,,, but no personal slagging.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
No my position is responsible gun owners embrace training . Or we can all just throw insults. thats productive. Lol most gun crime is commited by law abiding folks right up till they make the choice to break the law.
Many of us are gun trained and have been since we left the tit.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thick skin big guy. I got ya three pages solo in... oh 6 hrs BDB can carry till 0800 I pick up the slack then ...im off to 5 $ Guinness pints
No Vet Slagging.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Banned

Being that slagging has kept the thread going,,, slagging is allowed, just no vet slagging.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
This is my rifle this ones for fighting
This is my gun this ones for fun .
Certified trained individuals should be able to carry imo with in reason . Ie dont need an mac 10 to get groceries. Well unless you live in ATL. LOL.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I personally don't see myself carrying a gun in my pocket everywhere I go .gawd my pockets are heavy enough as it is..Although a leatherman with a .22 cal pistol under the screwdriver could be handyThat said I can see how it might make for a slightly more polite society.
You know, your post is technically copyrighted; you should talk to Leatherman & Hilti and make a single shot. Great idea,, I mean you never know when you might need to drive a nail into cement.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Being that slagging has kept the thread going,,, slagging is allowed, just no vet slagging.
Can vets slag the non-vets?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can vets slag the non-vets?
ABSOLUTELY

but it can't be a slagging greater than what grade two kids would say to each other.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Certified trained individuals should be able to carry imo with in reason . Ie dont need an mac 10 to get groceries. Well unless you live in ATL. LOL.
I've been around guns for the better part of 35 years. Am I trained enough? Are you certifiable?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
I've been around guns for the better part of 35 years. Am I trained enough? Are you certifiable?
Ive drove and rode bike since I was 12 -I still have to sit a drivers test .
Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Big Daddy Badger;2391604]
Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post

Law abiding gun owners do not commit gun crime.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a self serving statement ...no?

Everyone is law abiding until they commit a crime including law abiding owners like that ex cop in the theatre... or that pilot they just caught at the airport here...for instance.
You can look at it that way, but you shouldn't take action against the gun owner until he has broken the law.

We don't ban cars or alcohol because law abiding car owners don't drink and drive, until they do.

Since you making rules what about vets vs vets?

Gummer you ever had a accidental discharge? Talking about firearms not your taking your tally wacker out your pants.
Banned

Quote:
It's that certified part that is the clincher. In the Georgia law (if it got signed today), a cop can't ask if you are carrying. A certified/trained sane person wouldn't have any qualms saying yes whereas a criminal would or might get a tad weird about it and I think that's the flaw in this specific state law. Also, the states is a wacky place, so much more compressed city wise than Canada, which creates an uneasy tension.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, but it can only be in that aged military banter (i.e., where did you buy those pants Tipperary? , Your wife's legs look like those of a Boer! or Can I call you Patricia?)
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
No Vet Slagging.
These threads always turn into a battle between the dungeons and dragons wannabes and those that have... happens every time.

Quote:
I'm sirry buds but if you think what you learned in the Navy or at your fathers side has in any way prepared you for a gun fight and killing... you are dead wrong and setting yourself up for failure if the need or opportunity to test that assumption ever comes along.

Last edited by Big Daddy Badger; 04-04-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

Gummer you ever had a accidental discharge? Talking about firearms not your taking your tally wacker out your pants.
What war zone did you serve in sailor?
How many times did you put someone in your sights?
Did you even hear an angry shot while you were in?

Please... not all vets are created or schooled equally.

Last edited by Big Daddy Badger; 04-04-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry Buddy... I said my piece here and I am off tonight so have better things to do... in the comfort of my own bed.

These threads always attract those that talk the talk and never walked the walk telling those who have... that THEY know better.

Its a fantasy... but mostly harmless so... I'm going to sit the rest of this one out unless addressed directly.

Besides.... who really cares what folks in Georgia do?
Its their country... their perception of reality, their choice and theirs to deal with if they are wrong.
Closed Thread