Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Banned

So....council has cut his wage down to councilman,reduced his staff from 27 or so down to 3,cut off his discretionary budget and removed him from being head of disaster relief.Monday they are going to transfer most power to the Deputy Mayor.And no public functions want him anywhere near.He got un-invited to the policemans event,kicked out of the Santa Parade.....my GOD,is this man on DRUGS?????Now he is going to take the whole council to court at taxpayer expense.

Boy,I sure as hell know when I`m not wanted.What a megalomaniac.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Whaaaa? You mean TO wasn't the butt of everyone's jokes before all of this? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Man, now I gotta wipe the tears from my eyes
Yeah but they have a great hockey team...wait,no that`s Edmonton...wait,I meant Vancouver..damn..............
Old 11-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
.. and the rest of the time it's to; take the edge off, for a wake up, to help relax, to help focus, to help get through the day and on the weekends it's only recreational.

I'm not a drug expert, but, there are some on AO who could chime in and others who have gone through the experience of a family member, a friend or a co-worker who managed to pull off the lie for a long time or a short time.
So in your opinion, everyone that snorts cocaine is an addict? Do some research Gust, please.

If someone is shooting herion into their veins, they have a problem. There are those that will snort it once in a while. There are teens that use meth for weight loss - surprising? Doesn't mean they are addicted.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM

I honestly can't believe RF is an addict, he may be a user but not an addict and yes there is a difference.
I say I don't think RF is an addict because there has never been a crack addict that can't get their weight in check, RF's weight is not in check. If he was 110lb i could see him as an addict.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:13 PM

I don't care whether he's an addict or just knowingly and of his own free will decides to buy and use illegal drugs, drive drunk, and get smashed at public functions. Either way disqualifies him from the job of Mayor in any sane person's mind.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 PM

Rob Ford is a beauty
Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM

I hope he gets re-elected so he will get more publicity. this guy is pure gold and fits Toronto to a "T"
Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjb223 View Post
I hope he gets re-elected so he will get more publicity. this guy is pure gold and fits Toronto to a "T"
I hope the next mayor runs the city into the ground, and they all go back wishing they had Rob Ford running the city again.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Sorry about your friend. With luck it will make rob ford get the help he needs
Old 11-15-2013, 04:49 PM

He's getting close to the end of the line.

If I was his old lady or friend, I'd be putting him on suicide watch just in case he puts his fat lips around the exhaust pipe.

Since I'm niether I don't care what the idiot does to himself anymore.

Last edited by JimPS; 11-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

I just want to know where he gets all the stamina to do what he does. Man it seems he has a party every night, and then is all business the next day, and still has time to volunteer time to underprivileged kids.

Oh right, they kicked him off from doing that, so he could have more time to spend partying.

And now that the city counsel has removed most of his duties, he has more time to party.

I love some of the names he calls the other city counselors to their face when drunk. Things like "Liberal Hack". That should be a catch phrase in the House of Commons from now on any time JT and his crowd get out of line. Or maybe Daniel Smith could call our Red Queen a Liberal Hack, since that is pretty much what she is too.

I know he has himself to blame for much of his downfall, but what other politician in history has been hounded like he has? I know other politicians have some pretty big skeletons in their closets, yet the media don't seem to hound them like they have RF, and why did the police leak some of the documents they did? If they had witnessed him doing illegal activities as they claim to have seen, why didn't they just arrest him and be done with it? Instead they let the media destroy the guy day in and day out for the last couple years, and in the process make a mockery of the city.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Gone Hunting

^^^ Bill Blair is one scary jack a**.......
Old 11-15-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I hope the next mayor runs the city into the ground, and they all go back wishing they had Rob Ford running the city again.
That's classy wishing people ill. Personally I'm not about to sell out my moral standards in favor of fiscal concerns. There is far more to life than just money. I'm sure some will see the light when they are on their deathbed. Too bad it takes most so long to realize money ain't everything. Peace
Old 11-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
That's classy wishing people ill. Personally I'm not about to sell out my moral standards in favor of fiscal concerns. There is far more to life than just money. I'm sure some will see the light when they are on their deathbed. Too bad it takes most so long to realize money ain't everything. Peace
Once again you mistake my statement as condoning RF's personal issues with his professional ability.

All you need to do to understand where I am standing on the issue is to look at the history of the bad mayors TO has had. RF has had the support of the people of TO despite the media attention about his personal issues, and that is because he has been able to get the city's finances into check, which was desperately needed.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Banned

Default I agree

Quote:
Once again you mistake my statement as condoning RF's personal issues with his professional ability.

All you need to do to understand where I am standing on the issue is to look at the history of the bad mayors TO has had. RF has had the support of the people of TO despite the media attention about his personal issues, and that is because he has been able to get the city's finances into check, which was desperately needed.
Rob ford was elected mayor of toronto and has done nothing but good for the city. Sure he might do some questionable personal things but he does a good job of what the people elected him to do. Why doesn't anyone want trudeau to quit?? After all he used illegal drugs and broke the law as well! Rob ford is a gem
Old 11-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Banned

I believe some people on this forum understand what the real issue of the Rob Ford situation is.

Remember, I am the guy that sez Oko is right.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
So....council has cut his wage down to councilman,reduced his staff from 27 or so down to 3,cut off his discretionary budget and removed him from being head of disaster relief.Monday they are going to transfer most power to the Deputy Mayor.And no public functions want him anywhere near.He got un-invited to the policemans event,kicked out of the Santa Parade.....my GOD,is this man on DRUGS?????Now he is going to take the whole council to court at taxpayer expense.

Boy,I sure as hell know when I`m not wanted.What a megalomaniac.
The public voted for him, not the police chief, not the Santa Parade. When unelected people have the power to remove dully elected individuals from power is akin to a coupe de tat. This is not democracy. What should have happened was a new election be forced.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
It is not money that is the deciding factor for me, but fiscal responsibility, which is what RF has brought to city hall, and which he was elected to do. The left leaning "liberal hacks" as RF calls them, are the ones who have been kicking up the fight since he set foot in office, and they are the ones who have been pushing for his removal since day one.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 AM

I've been in China for the last week, and it's been big news even over here. And I have overheard "Rob Ford" and "Canada" in many conversations this week... in Mandarin, French, German - it's crazy!

It made the front page in Shanghai, and was on the Beijing news last night. A little embarrassing!

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 11-17-2013, 01:06 AM

I could have have gotten over it if it was just the drug/alcohol abuse. It really can happen to anyone, and if he received treatment, I think most would have forgiven.

What irrevocably soured me on him was the sociopathic, murderous rant caught on video and then the final nail in the coffin was the terrible disrespect he showed his wife - and by extension all women - when he was defending his fidelity in the most obscene way I could imagine.

Drugs or not, this guy is a loose canon and an asshat, plain and simple. I wouldn't want to share an elevator with him, much less have him run a city.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
I could have have gotten over it if it was just the drug/alcohol abuse. It really can happen to anyone, and if he received treatment, I think most would have forgiven.

What irrevocably soured me on him was the sociopathic, murderous rant caught on video and then the final nail in the coffin was the terrible disrespect he showed his wife - and by extension all women - when he was defending his fidelity in the most obscene way I could imagine.

Drugs or not, this guy is a loose canon and an asshat, plain and simple. I wouldn't want to share an elevator with him, much less have him run a city.
I could not have summarized it better.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

You are aware that the sociopathic, murderous rant was about a wrestling match don't you? Nothing more than the same thing that goes on in the ring before the actors, oops I mean wrestlers get in the ring. And the video and how it came to light was all taken out of context, all in an attempt to further discredit him.

There has not been any confirmation that he had any sexual relations with any hooker. The only information is that a hooker attended a party at the office, and there has not been anyone who has said it was Rob Ford who invited her. If he in fact admits to adultery along with the other crap he has done, then there really won't be any vices left for him to admit to.

He may be an azzhat, but for some reason despite all the bad publicity, the public still give him high approval ratings due to how he has managed the city.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:51 AM

I wasn't aware of the context of the video, but nonetheless, it does not depict a balanced or well-adjusted human. In fact, that almost makes it crazier. I mean, I've been around a lot of rabid sports fans, but that's over the top.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 11-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't aware of the context of the video, but nonetheless, it does not depict a balanced or well-adjusted human. In fact, that almost makes it crazier. I mean, I've been around a lot of rabid sports fans, but that's over the top.
You are right, he does not come across as a well balanced human. It really is too bad, because if he could get his personal issues in control, Toronto could be a real world class city. Right now it is full of crappy counsel, all who hate Rob Ford, and have been trying to get rid of him from day one. What Rob Ford has done, is give a voice to the surrounding communities that have been over taken by the city, and he has made it his goal to ensure they get equal attention, and he has been able to get much of the financial issues in order, despite all the kicking and screaming from the other city counsel, who have been happy to go with the status quo of living off tax payer money without controlling finances.

All you need to do is read the comment from people on any of the news reports, and many will say he has been the best thing to happen to Toronto in years. That is despite all the negativity surrounding his drinking, drugs, and ranting. That just says a lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24824648

But after Toronto police announced last week that it was in their possession, Mr Ford's approval rating actually climbed five points to a healthy 44%.

Which begs the question, how does he do it?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:16 AM

I think that a lot of the increased approval rating comes from people who are truly enjoying the drama unfold, and the approval relates to that. I suspect that when it came time to vote, people would balk at actually checking the box beside his name.

Perhaps what will come out of this is a new candidate who shares the same political reform values Ford campaigned on, but without the very troublesome flaws he's since demonstrated. An optimistic view perhaps, but one I will hope for nonetheless.

Quote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24824648

But after Toronto police announced last week that it was in their possession, Mr Ford's approval rating actually climbed five points to a healthy 44%.

Which begs the question, how does he do it?

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 11-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Banned

Default Just some of the coments posted from his public:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/anti-fo...tely-1.1546311

Toby Freeman
Nov. 17, 2013
12:26 AM
Abuse

"Residents carrying signs and megaphones" How many of us have megaphones lying around the house, and take time to protest on something that seemingly will take care of itself? The union is totally behind this. Why is Ford admitting to all of these vices and won't step down? Maybe his family is held hostage? Who is manipulating the puppets?

Bill
Nov. 17, 2013
12:15 AM
Abuse

Actually Mark R, refer to the interview with the publisher of the Star. you are STILL missing the more important point: Ford's antics aside, you should be more concerned over the conduct of the Toronto Star & its employees. The publisher proudly proclaimed that he orchestrated this whole situation and has been working to "GET RID OF FORD" since the election. That a newspaper publisher (1 MAN!) thinks that he has the right to overthrow a lawfull election should be giving you serious pause. Whether Ford should be allowed to continue as mayor is a completely different matter (and it's time for him to step aside).

CHUCKLEHEAD
Nov. 16, 2013
11:39 PM
Abuse

Should Ford resign? Of course he should. He's a mess, up to his eyeballs in deluded foolishness, bumbling in the political gutter, and pretending to have some sort of dignified principle on his side. It's just sad. However, having said this, the "protest" today is a silly crock. The fact of the matter is that this mayor has always had a contingent of staunch left-wing detractors bitter about having to democratically relinquish their city to him. We're just witnessing the same meaningless whining that makes anti-Conservatives so eye-rolling pathetic when it comes to Harper & Company. Distinguishing between those "disappointed" or "upset" and those "hateful" and "vengeful" is quite easy. All the "protest" signs make for a good biased political cartoon. Look! Clowns! The circus is in town!

inmyopinion
Nov. 16, 2013
11:34 PM
Abuse

I was watching the CTV interview with Councillor Wong, who seems to be enjoying all the lime light..... during it he said Ford came at him menacingly, the anchorwomen said yes we are watching it right now....I too was watching it and all Ford did was walk to him and stand 2 or 3 feet from him while conversing with him. I saw nothing menacing. A while back Jacqueline M. slurred Ford entered his office in a rather bizarre way......while watching the footage the media was standing in his way, with cameras in his face hollering at him, and childishly throwing insults........but in Jacqueline's eyes it was all Ford's doing. It is interesting to watch what is being printed and said by the media in print and news network coverage.......they sure like to spin it. I also notice the media, not one of them, has ever called each other out for the bullying mob mentality they have displayed for months now.....no it is all FORD and only FORD. On CBC, Gian Gomeshi with his show Q, came out with a blatant don't blame the media for Ford, well I know Ford is no Saint, but the people tarring and feathering him aren't either. I'm against bullying and we have watched it play out for months now. Watch out for the media.

Jean E
Nov. 16, 2013
11:30 PM
Abuse

There may be some facts and some fiction (speculation) in what is being reported and rumoured about this man. However, these nasty attacks are like a public "flaying" and amount to nothing more than bullying. This needs to get sorted out but not this way. Let the voters decide. Next time teenagers are accused of such nasty bullying against someone who may or may not have done wrong---don't be so quick to judge---where did they learn the bullying from in the first place? Really, allow for a bit of dignity here!

Terry
Nov. 16, 2013
9:09 PM
Abuse

Rob Ford should stay as mayor until the next election when he will have to face the electorate. This is the Canadian convention. Toronto City Council has no right to strip him of his budget or transfer resources to the Deputy Mayor. The deputy mayor wasn't elected mayor by the "entire" City of Toronto. He is just an alderman. If you want Rob Ford gone, run for mayor and beat him in next year's election. That's democracy. There is too much partisan politics at city hall. Get back to work.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I've been in China for the last week, and it's been big news even over here. And I have overheard "Rob Ford" and "Canada" in many conversations this week... in Mandarin, French, German - it's crazy!

It made the front page in Shanghai, and was on the Beijing news last night. A little embarrassing!
Thank you for your post. I thought this had to be a global topic already.

As I was reading the thread I was going to make the comment that the people that think this is a Toronto problem are sadly mistaken.

Rob Ford and his psychedelic antics are a Canadian issue in the eyes of the rest of the modern world. Canada is becoming the global court jester.

All Canadians should be concerned... Eh?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Thank you for your post. I thought this had to be a global topic already.

As I was reading the thread I was going to make the comment that the people that think this is a Toronto problem are sadly mistaken.

Rob Ford and his psychedelic antics are a Canadian issue in the eyes of the rest of the modern world. Canada is becoming the global court jester.

All Canadians should be concerned... Eh?
Yes Rob Ford issues are making Canada a laughing stock. But why is the media chasing him so much, yet his voters are still supporting him? That is a serious question that has yet to be answered.

Why is he the only politician being hounded? Why is there not more media attention when a mayor is arrested for embezzling from his city like Fontana was in London? Is it as simple as the person's political alinement? Fontana is left leaning, Ford is right leaning.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust;2195431[B
]Despite whether you are left wing or right wing or dead center or vacillate as a moderate, you are bearing witness to something that plays out daily in homes around the world[/B].

In this case it's playing out under the lens of the media and in Toronto City Hall.

It is what happens when the closet door of a drug user is opened long before the user really needed to open it, which in this case was years ago.

I'll tell a story, and it's very relevant to why dealers target wealth. Many years ago I shared a rental house with 5 other people. While 5 of us sat in the living room trying to figure out why one room mate (a close friend to all of us), didn't drop off the rent with our landlord, nor did he meet with his parents for supper, someone walked into the living room. The man of some bulk introduced himself as quote un-quote "I'm the arm & leg man here to collect some money".

The guy is a poster boy for addicts in denial.
This is not a political story anymore.
In fact... as it has turned out...it never was about political leanings.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
If he's a crack "addict" as you put it, then he's the fattest one I've ever seen.
Gus nailed it:

"The difference between RF and a crackhead you see on the street is an abundance of money,, RF can afford crack, booze and food,, a crackhead will forego the booze and food for the crack usually due to a lack of cash. Crackheads can be fat too."