Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
X2. Talk about getting over yourself...

According to 209X50, the RAMP program is not only theoretically in place, it's actually operating and allowing access to what were previously off limits ranches and land.

This is HUGE news as far as I'm concerned.

I don't understand why 209X50 is being so obtuse about the details? No one's asking for a GPS coordinate or video footage of where the next trophy is, just the basics. What's the secret? If it's legitimate and you have the details, why not provide them? It's just a rumour until then...

Waxy
Waxy, I agree the news is big. But once again the haters are out and about looking for some devious action by some.

Thats the part that is getting old.

Of course there will be farmers down south who may have jumped the gun. I guess you just need to know who to call.

Of course the Gov will be slow with the actuall web site.. THAT IS WHAT THEY DO.

You guys are bitter. And it shows in your posts. Perhaps you have a right to be, but lets move forward here.

Anyhow, you guys can spend all weekend grousing about this.
Me.. I am going hunting. Trailer is packed, Quads are loaded, food is bought. See you all later. And good luck if your heading out.

Jamie
Old 09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
bubbasno1

B-radshaw,

Sheephunter makes a good point. How did you know the land was involved in the RAMP program?

Bubba
Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Waxy, I agree the news is big. But once again the haters are out and about looking for some devious action by some.

Thats the part that is getting old.

Of course there will be farmers down south who may have jumped the gun. I guess you just need to know who to call.

Of course the Gov will be slow with the actuall web site.. THAT IS WHAT THEY DO.

You guys are bitter. And it shows in your posts. Perhaps you have a right to be, but lets move forward here.

Anyhow, you guys can spend all weekend grousing about this.
Me.. I am going hunting. Trailer is packed, Quads are loaded, food is bought. See you all later. And good luck if your heading out.

Jamie
That's your perception Jamie, and that won't change, but needless to say, it isn't my perception, and I don't think it would be the general perception.

I don't see bitterness, and I'm definitely not bitter personally, nor am I "hating". I think there's some important claims being made in this thread, and some very legitimate and important questions being asked in return.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be support for the claims or any answers/facts to be had...

Waxy
Old 09-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Banned

B-radshaw,

Perhaps you can fill us in on the details?

Waxy
Old 09-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Alberta.ca > Sustainable Resource Development > Fish and Wildlife > Fishing, Hunting and Trapping > Recreational Access Management Program
go here read.....just talked to grant program maps so on will be available on line oct 1 lands in 108 and 300 a and b sides. after reading in still not sure can email grant. if a dumb computor guy like me can find im sure a lot of you could have found .................................................. ...
Old 09-18-2009, 11:20 AM
sniper_700ti_mckaylake_gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos1 View Post
Alberta.ca > Sustainable Resource Development > Fish and Wildlife > Fishing, Hunting and Trapping > Recreational Access Management Program
go here read.....just talked to grant program maps so on will be available on line oct 1 lands in 108 and 300 a and b sides. after reading in still not sure can email grant. if a dumb computor guy like me can find im sure a lot of you could have found .................................................. ...

So, does this mean that RAMP is not in effect until Oct. 1/09. I have e-mailed SRD with this question. Awaiting response.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 AM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos1 View Post
Thanks for verifying my point. I have emailed Grant and he has given me the same answers as you got. The list is not yet publicly available yet some people have access to it how is this possible.

Bubba
Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if people were already getting access via RAMP - Morton and co. have said that it would be in effect this year regardless. In fact, I'd be surprised if people weren't lining up to be the first to take advantage of it, and that those with the "ins" already are..

What I'm puzzled at is the lack of info, and the lack of willingness to share what info there is available. I suppose I shouldn't be though, this thing has been done through the old boys club and in backrooms since day one. To expect a clear, efficient, and transparent rollout process would be the definition of insanity on my part.

Waxy
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 AM

I just got off the phone with Grant Chapman, director of RAMP. He has told me that this program is not in place yet. There is absolutely no public list available, and landowners are currently supposed to be managing land as they have in the past. NOONE has used the new RAMP program to access property.

-Billy Molls
Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
bubbasno1

Thanks Chuck. This is the same info I got from Grant as well.

Bubba
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 AM

I spoke with the landowner back in august to secure permission for this comming hunting season. He told me he would be participating in the ramp program this year. I stopped and talked to him again a couple days after opening morning for a few minutes to see if anyone had taken any elk. His response was "what a joke". We didnt have time to talk about it as he was busy farming. Im going to try and talk with him this weekend and see who he has been working and talking with to set this ramp thing up. That may offer some leads on some epeople I could try to see if such a list of landowners participating in the program exsists. Im not sure if most of these hunters found his land through a list or if they just got off their butts and did some scouting and door knocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
B-radshaw,

Sheephunter makes a good point. How did you know the land was involved in the RAMP program?

Bubba
Old 09-18-2009, 11:58 AM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-radshaw View Post
I spoke with the landowner back in august to secure permission for this comming hunting season. He told me he would be participating in the ramp program this year. I stopped and talked to him again a couple days after opening morning for a few minutes to see if anyone had taken any elk. His response was "what a joke". We didnt have time to talk about it as he was busy farming. Im going to try and talk with him this weekend and see who he has been working and talking with to set this ramp thing up. That may offer some leads on some epeople I could try to see if such a list of landowners participating in the program exsists. Im not sure if most of these hunters found his land through a list or if they just got off their butts and did some scouting and door knocking.
Thanks B-radshaw that is what I figured. Oh what a concept get off your butt and do some scouting and door knocking.

Bubba
Old 09-18-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-radshaw View Post
Once again:

I just got off the phone with Grant Chapman, director of RAMP. He has told me that this program is not in place yet. There is absolutely no public list available, and landowners are currently supposed to be managing land as they have in the past. NOONE has used the new RAMP program to access property.

-Billy Molls
Old 09-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned

Thanks chuck, it doesn't get much clearer than that.

That doesn't leave many options -

1. Grant Chapman is outright lying.

2. Grant Chapman is unaware of what's actually going on with RAMP access.

or

3. The info posted in this thread regarding access via RAMP is false, and posted for some unknown reason...

Waxy
Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Good greif! First I will not post a picture of my freind nor disclose the location of the ranchs he hunted as neither he nor I would want to see the results of that information in the hands of some of the less stable people and fringe groups on this board.
Second I only posted as his report was a breath of fresh air amonst all of the old women whining about the horrors here on the board.
With that I'm done with this post and will leave it to the experts who obviously know so much ,more about how it all works that they missed out on the opportunities right under their nose. Good to see some old faces posting again LOL
Since you are not going to tell us, even though this is supposedly a great example of how RAMP is working, let me take a wild stab in the dark.

"Shodaree Ranch" Just wink if I am close.

Who my information tells me are not participating in the RAMP program.

Stable people. What are you talking about? Are you insinuating that someone from this board may snap? I don't get it.

Fringe groups. I think you must be referring to yourself as the majority of hunters oppose RAMP.

If you are going to post something at least be able to back it up with facts in the future.

To sum up a typical 209x50 end to a conversation when he posts garbage. Call everyone names, try to insult a few people and then take his ball and go home.

Bubba
Old 09-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks chuck, it doesn't get much clearer than that.

That doesn't leave many options -

1. Grant Chapman is outright lying.

2. Grant Chapman is unaware of what's actually going on with RAMP access.

or

3. The info posted in this thread regarding access via RAMP is false, and posted for some unknown reason...

Waxy
OR.. Some farmers/ranchers have decided to open up the land a bit early because they didn't know any better or they don't care to wait for the Gov.

We have reports of 15 different people accessing some lands.

I guess everyone is a liar.

As for calling out 209.. Why didn't you call out the original poster??

OH YEAH.. I KNOW. It's because he posted a negative result of the program. Yet 209 posts a positive result and you guys go and get your panties all in a knot.

You guys just search and search and search till you find what you think is a little crack in the system and then you run it up the flag pole.

You guys are hurting your cause way more than you are helping it.

Some times you guys make me shake my head.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't think for one second that your group speaks for all hunters in Alberta
Anyhow. See you all on Monday.

Jamie
Old 09-18-2009, 04:42 PM
MAV

Jamie; Yet 209 posts a positive result and you guys go and get your panties all in a knot.

A positive result of what? It isn’t even implemented yet so what ever happened on that ranch wasn’t “RAMP”. Plus a ranch that has never allowed hunting before now reaping the reward. Nice.

Jamie; You guys just search and search and search till you find what you think is a little crack in the system and then you run it up the flag pole.

Ya, we searched for a year and a half and found this little thing called Paid Hunting, paid for by my tax dollars to another special interest group. Then we ran it up a flag pole and have been sticking it into the wind ever since. I’m proud of that and the company I keep. I just hope the economy doesn’t trash everyone’s livelihood before they get rid of this thing.

Jamie; PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't think for one second that your group speaks for all hunters in Alberta

You are right, there was 7 out of 200 in Edmonton that voted for it so we only speak for 97 out of 100, I guess there are fringe elements out there!!!

If what was relayed by Grant in SRD is accurate than what the hell was going on at that ranch? But you are right about a positive hunting story the only problem with that is that you never heard of the hundreds of positive hunting stories out of 300 in years previous and more importantly you never hear or want to believe the hundreds of negative stories about some of the landowners down there pushing this thing that are now finally getting paid for it.

209 the reason this old whining woman doesn’t show to often around here is that I do have other things to be worried about but as far as my hunting goes this is the most important thing; protecting it from the likes of you and your Edmonton friends. The opportunity of a WMU 300 bull has not been lost on any of us “yet” but it looks like things are going to change. To this I would ask …if by your sarcastic response that you and your Edmonton friend are the experts how did he get access to a program that is not yet implemented and the rest of us can’t find the map to even find out where to go. Was the landowner advertising it on his own and why was he taking WIN #’s, is he going to submit them later.

I sure hope your friend doesn’t turn out to be politician.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 PM
sheephunter

It never ceases to amaze me how the big picture gets overlooked time and time again and sportsmen get mired down in name calling and bickering that really doesn't mean squat. The fact of the matter is, RAMP is going through and there will be hunters that otherwise didn't have access in WMU300 and 108 that will get it and kill animals. Yelling and screaming that those stories are lies too really isn't going to put an end to RAMP. Possibly time to step back and look at the big picture here? Or as typically happens, the bickering and in fighting will continue and the big picture will be lost in the rhetoric. You all say you are so concerned about RAMP and I have no doubt many of you are but to get caught up in the "he said/she said" wars that continually wage on here seems to really serve little purpose. Time for some productive discussion possibly? Sadly I doubt it though....

Rant over!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 PM

I'll repeat my first post on this thread.

"Would you be kind enough to find out the landowner's name from your buddy. That way we could all try the ramp program and see how good it works."

Nothing wrong with this question, I don't think. Nothing negative mentioned. I think it was the answer that started the B.S. in this thread.

So, lets try to start over.

209, Would you be kind enough to find out the landowner's name from your buddy. That way we could all try the ramp program and see how good it works.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_700ti_mckaylake_gu View Post
I'll repeat my first post on this thread.

"Would you be kind enough to find out the landowner's name from your buddy. That way we could all try the ramp program and see how good it works."

Nothing wrong with this question, I don't think. Nothing negative mentioned. I think it was the answer that started the B.S. in this thread.

So, lets try to start over.

209, Would you be kind enough to find out the landowner's name from your buddy. That way we could all try the ramp program and see how good it works.
Yet again:

-Billy Molls
Old 09-18-2009, 07:03 PM

Thanks Chuck,
That was my understanding. I just thought that I had missed some important info lately.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Bighorn madness

Quote:
well there you go thanks chuck for the info.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
OR.. Some farmers/ranchers have decided to open up the land a bit early because they didn't know any better or they don't care to wait for the Gov.
That wouldn't be RAMP then would it? And they wouldn't be getting paid.

Quote:
We have reports of 15 different people accessing some lands.

I guess everyone is a liar.
Nope, only those that claimed the access was through the RAMP program.

Quote:
As for calling out 209.. Why didn't you call out the original poster??

OH YEAH.. I KNOW. It's because he posted a negative result of the program. Yet 209 posts a positive result and you guys go and get your panties all in a knot.
209X50 was the only one to make claims like this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209X50
Jeez, my buddy just used a 10 point elk draw in 300 and had the hunt of his life. He shot a nice 6x7 that scores right at 330 B&C.

Yes he did, he only hunted on RAMP land - places that recorded his WIN number.
You don't think that merits attention? I do. Like it or not, it's a ground breaking moment in AB's hunting history, and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

Quote:
You guys just search and search and search till you find what you think is a little crack in the system and then you run it up the flag pole.

You guys are hurting your cause way more than you are helping it.

Some times you guys make me shake my head.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't think for one second that your group speaks for all hunters in Alberta
Anyhow. See you all on Monday.

Jamie
I don't think you're helping any causes either Jamie. You're making a personal issue out of something that most here have tried to avoid making personal.

If the implementation of RAMP and the first cases of paid hunting taking place in AB is what you consider "a little crack", then I'd hate to see what actually get's your dander up. Of course, we all know where you stand and what you're attempting to do with these posts.

Waxy
Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how the big picture gets overlooked time and time again and sportsmen get mired down in name calling and bickering that really doesn't mean squat. The fact of the matter is, RAMP is going through and there will be hunters that otherwise didn't have access in WMU300 and 108 that will get it and kill animals. Yelling and screaming that those stories are lies too really isn't going to put an end to RAMP. Possibly time to step back and look at the big picture here? Or as typically happens, the bickering and in fighting will continue and the big picture will be lost in the rhetoric. You all say you are so concerned about RAMP and I have no doubt many of you are but to get caught up in the "he said/she said" wars that continually wage on here seems to really serve little purpose. Time for some productive discussion possibly? Sadly I doubt it though....

Rant over!
You are absolutely right sheephunter, and that's why I find post's like 209X50's, and yours in support of him, so puzzling. What was the purpose? Why throw fuel on the fire and create the entire "he said/she said" scenario?

Proving these stories are false (or possibly inside info that wasn't meant for the public) does absolultely nothing to stop RAMP. All this did was create a crapstorm on the forum, and further deteriorate relationships and credibility, for no apparent reason.

The big picture is, this is the tip of the iceberg, and I completely agree about this kinda thing being counterproductive.

Waxy
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
You are absolutely right sheephunter, and that's why I find post's like 209X50's, and yours in support of him, so puzzling. What was the purpose? Why throw fuel on the fire and create the entire "he said/she said" scenario?

Proving these stories are false (or possibly inside info that wasn't meant for the public) does absolultely nothing to stop RAMP. All this did was create a crapstorm on the forum, and further deteriorate relationships and credibility, for no apparent reason.

The big picture is, this is the tip of the iceberg, and I completely agree about this kinda thing being counterproductive.

Waxy
LOL...my only support was confirming what he'd been told. It was info, plain and simple. If you read more into it then that's your problem. There are going to be lots more stories of success on RAMP properties....no different than this one. Guessing they'll be stories of disasters too. Funny no one challenged Brad on his tale......Basically the same story with a different ending.

As for the rest of your post...agreed!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
LOL...my only support was confirming what he'd been told. It was info, plain and simple. If you read more into it then that's your problem. There are going to be lots more stories of success on RAMP properties....no different than this one. Guessing they'll be stories of disasters too. Funny no one challenged Brad on his tale......Basically the same story with a different ending.

As for the rest of your post...agreed!
Did I mention?:

Apparently Brad is just as misinformed as Richard. Happily ever after or not.

-Billy Molls
Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Did I mention?:

Apparently Brad is just as misinformed as Richard. Happily ever after or not.
Perhaps his buddy had his info confused too.......
Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL...my only support was confirming what he'd been told. It was info, plain and simple. If you read more into it then that's your problem.
Really??????

Did I read this wrong?

Quote:
Just e-mailed the fellow myself and the story is indeed true.
Waxy

P.S. I know it's counterproductive and I'm being hypocritical, but I couldn't help myself, it was just too easy, and by the way, I'm the "he" in this "he said/she said".

P.P.S. I love this new "no edit" policy on the board.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Perhaps his buddy had his info confused too.......
He could have handed over his WIN number while in a bit of a stupor. I guess.

-Billy Molls
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Really??????

Did I read this wrong?

Waxy

P.S. I know it's counterproductive and I'm being hypocritical, but I couldn't help myself, it was just too easy, and by the way, I'm the "he" in this "he said/she said".

P.P.S. I love this new "no edit" policy on the board.
LOL..yup, really. I knew 209 was at his Son's wedding and I didn't know if he'd read the board and I hated seeing him called a liar. He was told what he was told...perhaps he was told wrong but then again he never claimed to have seen it first hand. As I said, perhaps his buddy was confused....or perhaps the landowner was just eager to start recording the WIN numbers for RAMP access.

Last edited by sheephunter; 09-18-2009 at 08:44 PM.