Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 AM

I bought a used boat from Rainbow Marine 4 years ago and can only say I was treated very fair in fact quite well to be honest. They did a lot of extra stuff for me on adding things to the used boat I wanted and only charged me 50% on the part prices and no labour charges for installing them. Thot that was very reasonable as they agreed to that after we had agreed to a price on the boat and this was no Tyee I bought, it was a WC 14 DLX.

Last year when I bought my new boat I ended up at Free Spirit Marine as they had the best price by far on the boat I wanted (side console 16 foot) plus their price included things that other dealers wanted extra for (ie spare tire, safety kit, life jackets and so on). I bought before the boat show and was given the boat show price but was amazed to see when I went to the boat show I actually got a better price than what they had at the boat show.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:56 AM

First and foremeost, we would like to say thank-you for the feedback we have received from consumers on this forum. Over the past 30 years we have grown to become a dealership founded upon customer satisfaction and have generated allot of business through referrals. We appreciate all forms of feedback as it helps us adjust our business to better suit our consumers.

We were informed by a prior customer of ours a couple days ago, that this thread was created, and have since joined the forum. We are always looking for ways to improve on our business, and we look forward to the feedback this great resource will provide us with.

Happy Fishing,
Rainbow Marine
Old 04-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Good on you Rainbow Marine to bring your Co. to the forum!! I'm sure that you may have to take a few on the chin but in the same breath I would hope those with positive business dealings with you will also take the time to post there opinions. I have never done business with you but I have had the 2 extremes from being treated like dirt to a very helpful and knowledgeable salesman walking me threw all options on my boat purchase. Welcome to the forum and hopefully you will add insight into the topics when boat issues pop up.
Dodger.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:04 PM

Just an update:

The store manager (Udo) of Rainbow Marine called me and invited me to the store again.

The conversion with him was great. I explained to him what was going on and he understand my fustration. He gave me a new quote and explained to me the service and maintenance they offer.

I will say that i'm satisfied with their customer service and friendliness they provided.

Case closed for me. I'll have no problems to deal with them in the future.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:29 PM

Tim, that is good to hear and speaks volumes for Rainbow Marine. Udo is the guy I dealt with there and he was top notch.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:46 PM

I purchased a Lund 1625 Rebel Sport with 75hp merc 4 stroke last spring from Albert at Lac La Biche.He had the best deal that I could find in Alberta,and Rainbow marine had the second lowest price.Albert was great to deal with and I have no hesitations in recommending him to others.As far as the 60hp 4 stroke is concerned,it has plenty of powder for two people in the 1625 Rebel,but with a full livewell and three people,or with four adults,one or two of the heavier people had to go to the bow to get the boat to plane.With the 75hp 4 stroke,that isn't necessary.As far as the 1625 Rebel Sport is concerned,it has a good floor plan,and it is very stable for a boat of this size.