Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Time to call in Creepy Canada. Or just pull off a trailer park boys stunt....go in after it with potato guns and a giant net.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:14 PM

NEVERMIND.

Didn't notice until now that someone dug up a 2 year old thread.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Cougar is my bet.

I heard a story in Canal Flats where a friend and his daughter were on their way to his Elk grounds when they heard a woman screaming in pain in the bushes, not far from where they were walking. He recognized it immediately recognized it as a cougar, him having grown up out there. He said that they will cry out in a sound of pain to lure one curious person, animal, whatever into the bushes to investigate, and then ambush them.

Or it was the kokanee thief!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:48 PM

I would really love to hear a cougar make that sound. I have heard it attributed to them so often but have never heard it for myself. One other strange noise that I often hear about being attributed to cougars is the sound of a baby crying. I think I would probably crap my britches and get the heck out of there lol!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM

Don't fishers scream as well?? Thought I had read something about that not too long ago.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Woman scream

LOL I got goose bumps at your story. I believe you too.

I think this is the sound you heard?

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/s...s-Cats-Cougars

Dang!! I hope so. I don't like haunts.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
When you go out in the woods today your in for a big surprize. The truth is out there, we are not alone.

http://dinojoe.8m.com/crypto/windigo.html
Don't speak of demon spirits. Its bad medicine. brrrrrrr
Old 09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

I was creeped out last summer out by something at the Mountain Air lodge.......

This is what happened last weekend at Peppers Lake

Fred and his crew set up a few stealth cams around the area where they were hunting, when they captured a few frames of something that appeared to be walking upright, with human characteristics in profile.

http://www.hunttv.com/video/latest/27

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/807718/sasquatch_footage/
Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 PM

Man you guys got me tripped out!!! I hope i never see a cougar unless im hunting it!!! The landowner on a property I hunt said theres a cougar he seen on his land!! he wants me to shoot it if I see it
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazin16 View Post
Ive heard alot of foxes sceam, could of bin one of them.
x2, or x3, or whatever it is...pretty disturbing the first time I heard them at nite making this noise...
"I am fascinated by the wild, rough country sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes." - JOC
Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 AM

Down in Arkansas/texas we would go out to this spot with sand dunes and also scattered bush and on more then one occasion we could here the panthers out in the bushes screaming like girls. the first time I heard that made for a very,very long walk back to the car at the end of the night.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSasquatch View Post
Wow, I just read this thread and it sounds like a lot of you have had some strange, unsettling experiences out in the bush! I am a Sasquatch researcher here in Alberta.....I know, quit laughing, lol.....anyways the sound of a woman in distress has been attributed to Sasquatch vocalizations on many different occasions and is a detail of many Sasquatch reports. I always am a little suspicious of the woman in distress sounds simply because so many people have told me that cougars can make those sounds as well. Whatever the case, I bet your adrenaline was running pretty good Wake!

I would ponder why a bonifide researcher would have better things to do than drag a 2 year old post out of obscurity.

Should'nt you be looking for slightly more current data?

There are no absolutes
Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Ive heard a scream years ago in sask when I was hunting elk.It was just as it was getting dark and scared the hell out of me.My hair stood up on my neck.I have never forget that sound.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailsheds View Post
x2, or x3, or whatever it is...pretty disturbing the first time I heard them at nite making this noise...
I have a den of foxes in my yard, have them scream at me when I go outside in the evening once the kits are starting to come out of the den, but it doesnt sound like what the OP describes., They also dont come after me, usually just run off while they are barking/screaming. does make your neckhair stand up tho until you get used to it.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I would ponder why a bonifide researcher would have better things to do than drag a 2 year old post out of obscurity.
four
Maybe because it was one of the few threads on this forum that had anything to do with Sasqsuatch.

But your right, I am looking for more current data, hence my thread about hunters, anglers, trappers and Sasquatch. Which has already paid off immensely I might add.

As for being a bonafide Sasquatch researcher, I wish, but unfortunately there is no such thing, as there is no school I could go to to become a bonafide Sasquatch researcher. I'm just an average joe looking for this thing on my spare time and my own dime.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Maybe because it was one of the few threads on this forum that had anything to do with Sasqsuatch.

But your right, I am looking for more current data, hence my thread about hunters, anglers, trappers and Sasquatch. Which has already paid off immensely I might add.

As for being a bonafide Sasquatch researcher, I wish, but unfortunately there is no such thing, as there is no school I could go to to become a bonafide Sasquatch researcher. I'm just an average joe looking for this thing on my spare time and my own dime.
I am getting quite a laugh out of this thread my self. I am not denying the existence of these creatures. Its well within the realm of possibility that they do exist.
What amuses me though is the fact that, here we are, full grown adults, most of us with years of woods experience. Here we are, all of us sitting around a fire, scaring the crap out of ourselves with stories.
Don't you find that funny?
Yes I've spent all of my life running the forest trails, which means more than sixty years. I've run into bears, wolverines, and the scariest of all, I've run into man. Sasquatch? If nobody has seen more than a glimpse of them, its likely that they are more shy than the big cats. And thats saying something. They are probably more interested in staying out of your sights than shaking your cage.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23 PM

Default scream from hell!!!!!!

have u ever hear a fox scream? i was in my shack @ work w/all power shut down, was very hot out and had the window open, i was laying on the couch under the window & just about to sleep when i first hear it, and it must of bean directley below the window out side i just about went through the wall on the outher side of the shack,i dont spook easely and it freeked the crap outta me,i grabed a flash light and very slowly and carfully looked out the window i truly would never have known what it was if i hadent seen them,there was 3 of them running around out there screaming there heads off it was quit the thing to experiance.and a sound that you would not think whatsoever would come from a small fox.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake View Post
Well I have listened to several recordings over the past day and a half and found this...Yes believe it or not its on a sasquatch site but sounds about as close to what the four of us encountered,I am not saying it was something unexplained because we didnt see it.Just this is the closest thing...Call me crazy but thats the same sound...Scroll down to something called ''unitas sound recording''.I dont believe in bigfoot myself but hey what do I know...

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=15786
Way cool, that track is totally going down on my electronic caller now. Uhm... ditto what he said about spewing coffee earlier. ROTFH.

Either way, unknown things that go "bump in the night" can always freak a guy out indeed. Interesting thread to say the least.

PS - Do I get to use my 'General Deer' tag if I see a Saskamathingy, or will I need to buy a supplemental?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:40 AM

Chubacabra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHmnfgON4A
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Bear View Post
Now that there is some kind of creepy.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM

You quite likely heard a Hawk Owl. Their scream can create the willies when heard in the wee hours of the morning. Most times that I have heard them is in the twilight time of the A.M. and it definitely sounds like a woman in mortal agony. I can understand why the ladies would want to depart. Of course, it could be the downside and be the real thing.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Default scream

Quote:
I would really love to hear a cougar make that sound. I have heard it attributed to them so often but have never heard it for myself. One other strange noise that I often hear about being attributed to cougars is the sound of a baby crying. I think I would probably crap my britches and get the heck out of there lol!
You don't want to hear this sound. We heard the same thing on our farm when I was growing up. It was the most eary sound that I don't wish to remember. We were totally freaked out. We went to the bush to investigate and found nothing. I went to the bush the following day and found what looked to be cougar tracks which was very peculiar as we didn't live in cougar country. I called the local wildlife office and they said it was more than likely a cougar and that there had been a couple of cougar sightings in the area. I never want to see or hear a cougar for the rest of my life. They are one animal that gives my the hee bee geebies. They are sneaky and elusive. No thanks to any future encounters. My vote is definitely cougar.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 PM

I have foxes on my place , prairies, and they sound exactly like what you've described.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post

I was unaware that when people join this forum they are not supposed to respond to threads that were started prior to them becoming members....can someone tell me what the time limits are on responding to threads once they have been started????
Old 11-21-2009, 06:59 PM

yup this is an old one
Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 AM

Default sasquatch

sometimes its good to drag these back out. it reminded me of my sasquatch. i shot one about ten years ago and had a full standing mount done. put it in the garage because the smell just would not go away(you'd think the taxidermist would have given me a break on the price). anyhoo, forgot about it in a pile of tarps, decoys, tire irons and such, but just went and dug it out after reading this thread. its about 9 feet tall(with the mossy base it stands on) and yup, it still smells funky. kinda reminds me of a dead cow laying in a creek. i'd show you guys a picture, but my camera battery is dead. my brother is canuck44, you can ask him if you don't believe me. oh, and about the license, when i shot him, the fish cops didn't know what to say when i asked about a tag, they kinda just dismissed me and told me to get out of their office. i would say if you see one, shoot it and load it in the truck.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 AM

It sounds like what you heard was a cat, but you you were in the Chungo Triangle
Old 11-22-2009, 08:29 AM

just figured i would post a pic. since my camera was dead, i drew a picture of it, and added myself for scale, but i drew myself too tall. then i couldn't get the scanner to work properly, so i took a picture of my drawing with my son's camera and put it on the computer. i could have gone back to the garage with the camera and taken a picture of the real thing, but i had spent a fair bit of time on the drawing, and i really think it does the sasquatch justice.

the flowers he is holding are a personal tribute to his sensitive nature, and my regret in taking his life. he was picking flowers in a meadow when i spotted him.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 AM

Finally definitive proof. I was waiting for this day. Good job on putting this to rest.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 AM

Deadman,

I thought he would have been bigger through the chest. You draw quite well, did you go to Alberta College of Art?

Cheers