Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
What federal issues specifically?
Carrying luggage for illegal migrants, keeping Timmy's stock moving up, being sent to third world s..t holes. I'm sure justine has a plan that will cost 0 $.
Old 07-24-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
How about we cut costs to run prisons, make them prisons again,instead of club fed? Implement manual labor, basic meals, cut back on anything that isn't a basic requirement. How about we contract out the lifers/murderers etc. to China or other locations, where the cost will be much cheaper?

Agree with this 100%.

The money saved cutting perks to current inmates would help free up funds to start building more prisons to keep more repeat offenders off the street.
It will also help remove the "club med" feeling of our current prisons which might make some repeat offenders think twice before following through on some illegal activities(minus the drug fueled crime crimes)IMO......
Old 07-24-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
That too…. But still need more prisons. Or more bunk beds…. Lol
Kinda like this one? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-64770716
Old 07-24-2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If any police force gets harder on criminals and the judicial system sentences them to jail, we gonna have to build a pile of new prisons. And hire a pile of new prison workers. I believe ours are maxed out as it is.
Gonna cost a lot of money but money well spent in my books.
So the very first thing that needs to be done before we can move forward is build prisons.
If you build it, they will come…… lol
It will remain a catch and release system until judges have a place to put them.
I been saying to build more jails for years.

Biggest mistake ever made was to cancell the juvenile delinquent act and replace it with the young offenders act. Remember back when we could leave the keys in the car and the house unlocked, that all changed when the young offenders act was initiated in 1984 and the Juvenile Delinquent Act was abolished. Teens no longer were sent to reform schools, no longer fined or locked up. They stopped putting their names and pictures in the local news paper and TV news. Teens quickly realized they had become untouchable. They took the strap out of school, teachers could no longer discipline kids, parents were no longer allowed to lay a hand on their children. Thats when things started to get worse and have gotten exponentially worse ever since. They called it abuse when it was nothing more than an attitude adjustment. We've been reaping the results ever since.

Thing is if we took control of our children like we used to and tuned them up when they needed it and taught them right from wrong we more than likely wouldn't need to build more jails today.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:24 PM

I agree, Bushrat.

To add to that, teens became more likely to become the foot soldiers for the more "seasoned" criminals, since they were virtually untouchable.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:41 PM

I taught young offenders. In my opinion, that legislation was the inception of the mess we see before us now.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
OMG they look like Satan's angels! Wow!
Scary stuff!

Part of my frustration is not only do the police not protect us. But if we defend ourselves then the police will be all over us. It feels like they only care about collecting as many guns from everyone they can and charging people who they know can or will pay the fines.
It seems like there is nothing for them to gain by going after druggies who who steal and destroy our property.
Basically we are sheep and the government owns us and doesn't care to much about losing some of us to wolves.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:51 PM

The concept of poor disillusioned RCMP just doesn't wash. I've worked outfits where the morale wasn't great, I would not let it define me. Many of them have bought into "poor me" ........Bah, fish or cut bait!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King