Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
Apart from the Americans killing more coalition soldiers than the Iraqi forces did.
There is always collateral damage in war.

They got their mission though they wanted to push Iraq out of Kuwait and when it was over that was the outcome.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
There is always collateral damage in war.

They got their mission though they wanted to push Iraq out of Kuwait and when it was over that was the outcome.
Unfortunately the Americans seem particularly adept at shooting friendly forces.

Friends of mine from Hereford recount the tale of them getting bombed by us national guard, despite having the Union Jack on the roof of their land rovers and being in radio contact to the pilot telling him not to.
Canada, uk and all the rest manage to get through wars without shooting their friends.
All the gear, no idea.

Anyway. Back to the lovely topic of drugs.

Here's one then, if this works what's your views on legalising other drugs?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately the Americans seem particularly adept at shooting friendly forces.

Friends of mine from Hereford recount the tale of them getting bombed by us national guard, despite having the Union Jack on the roof of their land rovers and being in radio contact to the pilot telling him not to.
Canada, uk and all the rest manage to get through wars without shooting their friends.
All the gear, no idea.

Anyway. Back to the lovely topic of drugs.

Here's one then, if this works what's your views on legalising other drugs?
I don't think leagalizing all drugs is a good idea. Soft drugs like marijuana and hash I don't have a problem with though.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:27 AM

A little U235 mixed with the pot would cure a bunch of problems
Old 01-02-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
So watching that video it seems $50 gets you 1/8 oz.
excusing my ignorance, but how long would an 1/8 last? How many joints or bongs or whatever? I'm a bit ignorant to pot like this, in England growing up it was always the solid resin that kids had.

Is that price similar to street prices before it was legal? Because that could be a downfall to this system if mr illegal dealer is half the price.

I've never been a fan of smoking it and I wouldn't suddenly start just because it's legal, but it does seem like Colorado is having a successful first day.
According the the RCMP (arrest records, wrong place wrong time) it takes 0.375 grams per joint, at 3.5 grams per 1/8th that's about 9 joints, with some crumbs left over, if you roll your butt ends you'll get about 10, maybe 11 joints out of an 1/8th. when pre rolls were available as a teen they were $5 each, so the price they're charging is BASE street value in the lowest denominator.

As for how long it would last, depends on the user. Some people smoke very little now and then, some have a joint a day, others would roll that 1/8th into a single joint and burn it. If you were to smoke it in a pipe or bong it would probably last longer, or get consumed quicker. All depends on what/how you're using.

In the kootenays, I've heard of oz's for 160, quarter pounds for 500... pounds for 1800. so the markup is F'n huge in Colorado considering it will grow wild there.

Uruguay's approach is much better, undercut the illegal trade to get rid of it completely. FYI, Uruguay is the first NATION to legalize marijuana.

The war on drugs is a sham, look up HSBC money laundering settlement. Billions in drug money, and money connected to known terrorists laundered though HSBC, all necessary evidence handed over to US DoJ... 2 weeks revenue for HSBC was the penalty. Too big to fail... my ass. Let them fall, this is capitalism, someone will rise up to take there place in a hurry, at least that's the theory we've been spoon fed.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Banned

Legalize all drugs.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Legalize all drugs.
Are you okay?

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 AM

If legalizing drugs was the answer why have any laws let the chips fly where the may.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
I don't think leagalizing all drugs is a good idea. Soft drugs like marijuana and hash I don't have a problem with though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308 man View Post
If legalizing drugs was the answer why have any laws let the chips fly where the may.

The biggest argument is that the war on drugs failed.

The next argument is that making drugs legal will not increase their usage.

The third argument is that the government can tax it.

Therego why not make them all legal?

If anyone thinks it will stop at just pot... they are fooling themselves. If usage rate does not increase. No definable significant problems are created by this. I can not put a strong argument against it. Those smoking up will not change.

I still see this as a pandoras box. However maybe this will work wonders to stupifying a segment of the population that does not have much drive and determination to succeed and would be happy smoking up and eating burgers while watching Happy Days reruns on cable night after night.

Idle no more would go from a disorganized bunch of entitled want alls to a mellow group of relaxed couch bums.

Our society needs more people engaged and trying to achieve versus disengaged and trying to get by till the next high.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 AM

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/legal-we...-few-1.1614841

Interesting comments in the story, as supplies dwindled prices increased - capitalism at its best. And one comment about paying three times more than "shoppers" used to

Colorado government is just another dealer.

Does anyone really believe legalizing the stuff will get rid of the underground market? If so I've got some prime real estate to sell
Old 01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Banned

I don't smoke drugs, nor use prostitutes, but both will be used regardless of laws. I say legalize both, put the pimps and dealers out of business, and then the government can control the industry, and ensure quality products/safe work environment for those involved.

However I am against legalizing all drugs. Some drugs should never be permitted to be used. Crack and heroin come to mind. I am not sure what others, but I am sure there is a large list.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post

Interesting comments in the story, as supplies dwindled prices increased - capitalism at its best. And one comment about paying three times more than "shoppers" used to

Does anyone really believe legalizing the stuff will get rid of the underground market? If so I've got some prime real estate to sell
It will if it is cheap enough to put the others out of business. I could be wrong, but you don't see much of an industry for illegal alcohol do you?
Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 AM

I think this is an interesting test model to see what the results of legalization will bring. Will society in Colorado and Washington fall apart? I'm guessing probably not.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I think this is an interesting test model to see what the results of legalization will bring. Will society in Colorado and Washington fall apart? I'm guessing probably not.
As has already been posted, Colorado is not the first place to legalize drugs. The real test will be their approach to legalizing it. As others have posted, their price is already too high, and may not have that much of an impact at quelling the drug dealers whose product is cheaper.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 AM

Its a mild win for those in CO. Has it truly been legalized? Can farmers plant unfettered amounts, adding it into crop rotation and benefitting from the useful parts? Seed, seed oil, fiber etc! 100% yearly renewable fiber/fuel/food resource could put a big hit on forestry work among others, but would definitely restart an Old business.
I could careless about who wants to smoke it, and I'm not naïve enough to believe that that's why it was banned in the 30's and is still banned today.......Many people seem to be though.

Love the propaganda though.

Last edited by sikwhiskey; 01-02-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
It will if it is cheap enough to put the others out of business. I could be wrong, but you don't see much of an industry for illegal alcohol do you?
Nope, I don't. But then, alcoholic beverages are relatively 'cheap' and available almost everywhere -especially here in Alberta where there is a liquor store of one kind or another within walking distance for just about everybody in our towns and cities.

Although the word 'cheap' is relative - I just picked up a 12 pack of beer, a bottle of rum (on 'sale'), and 2 750's of Crown Royal (also on 'sale') and paid $106, no wonder I don't buy the stuff very often . That'll probably last us until summer .

I certainly don't see the prices media is reporting for legal pot in Colorado as 'cheap' though. With those prices I think the illegal market will still be doing well.

As another example, there is a booming business in illegal cigarettes back east, lots of them being smuggled across the St. Lawrence and being manufactured in certain 'tax free' areas.

I'm not so sure legalizing pot is going "to put the others out of business" as proponents seem to posit as a legitimizing factor. Those "others" only have to be a bit cheaper to maintain a clientele, and 'they' already have a distribution network and clientele. It may need some tweaking but "they" are pretty good at figuring out ways to make money. Like I said, "Colorado is just another dealer."
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07 PM

Thumbs down

Another State full of morons moronically lobbying for narcotics run by moronic lobbyists looking to make a buck off of moronic potheads. Who cares?

All the power in the world to them.

I hope the entire works of them smoke them selves into a brain dead state, and by the sounds of things they are half way there already.

Another nail in the Yankee coffin.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:16 PM

So it sounds like the prices are the same the drug dealers were selling at. Now a resident can walk around with it in their pocket. Why can't the drug dealers still sell it the same way as before? I have to think demand will go up and even undercutting the government by $5 they can make a pile still.

Just wondering if this model will really crush the mexican or Kelowna cartels.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:22 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens with supply and can they import from BC. It would be great if Canada can make a buck off of this.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens with supply and can they import from BC. It would be great if Canada can make a buck off of this.
Isn't the "Ban" on Marijuana a Federal one, meaning, under Fed law you can still be prosecuted anywhere in the US?
Can't see them opening the borders until the Feds change the laws.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:09 PM

look how alcohol prohibition worked out.... not very well, lol. Created alot of jobs for mobsters and criminals though.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Banned

So this is day 2 of legal mary jane in Colorado. Has anyone heard from anyone living there or are they all walking around like zombies?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post

Do you buy moonshine a lot?
I haven't and I'm 36.
I for one know a few losers that sit on there ass all day and live well selling small amounts of pot. I hope they have to get a job like the rest of us do.
Let the money go to the government.
How many people overdose on pot?
I'm not saying getting high is great but it probably be better if more people smoked dope then drank. Lets wait and see how it goes in Colorado.
Organized crime is going to lose a lot of profits and that's a good thing.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Another State full of morons moronically lobbying for narcotics run by moronic lobbyists looking to make a buck off of moronic potheads. Who cares?

All the power in the world to them.

I hope the entire works of them smoke them selves into a brain dead state, and by the sounds of things they are half way there already.

Another nail in the Yankee coffin.
Alcohol is a far more destructive substance. The result of prohibition nearly a century ago is the same as now.

It is wholly hypocritical to put liquor to your lips or profit from the industry yet spew hatred towards people who should be free to consume what they want in their own home.

Always a riot to see the true blue turn red when this subject is raised.

Ain't nothin gonna change in Colorado except increased tax revenues, reduced gov spending, growth of small business, tourism, freedom, decline in organized crime oh yeah, and

Everyone is gonna die from over dosing on the devils weed!!!!

Won't someone think of the children?!?!??? And cool ranch Doritos distributors.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
Isn't the "Ban" on Marijuana a Federal one, meaning, under Fed law you can still be prosecuted anywhere in the US?
Can't see them opening the borders until the Feds change the laws.
There are laws at all levels of gov., but you are right, the federal DEA has been screwing with compassion clubs and medical Marijuana suppliers for a long time.

This is actually an interesting subject. States like Colorado are seeking greater independence in their governance and less federal interference. That's something real conservatives can get behind, right?

I'd expect them to continue using federal law to political and economic advantage.

The DEA is notoriously corrupt, how could they not be?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Alcohol is a far more destructive substance. The result of prohibition nearly a century ago is the same as now.

It is wholly hypocritical to put liquor to your lips or profit from the industry yet spew hatred towards people who should be free to consume what they want in their own home.

Ain't nothin gonna change in Colorado except increased tax revenues, reduced gov spending, growth of small business, tourism, freedom, decline in organized crime oh yeah, and

Leave my guns alone, but you can't have pot in your own home...

Old 01-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Someone high ranking knuckled under for promised profit or future election results.

My stance has always been the same, will never change.

I have no problem with mature responsible adults doing wetf they want in their own homes, without affecting young hearts lungs and minds, but the doped out ditships do not realize they are destroying their own brain cells, and forget about removing children from the mix.

Think this ridiculous cash grab is going to solve anything? Ha!

If you put me out on the street and told me to find drugs, I would come back empty handed. I would guess many would be the same. Now everyone can get their hands on it? Brilliant!

I understand civil war more now. Was there any public outcry over this or was it quietly hushed in the media for $$$?

A bankrupt country turns to drug dealing. If it wasn't so sad and ridiculous it would be hilarious.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Someone high ranking knuckled under for promised profit or future election results.

I have no problem with mature responsible adults doing wetf they want in their own homes, without affecting young hearts lungs and minds, but the doped out ditships do not realize they are destroying their own brain cells, and forget about removing children from the mix.

If you put me out on the street and told me to find drugs, I would come back empty handed. I would guess many would be the same. Now everyone can get their hands on it? Brilliant!

I understand civil war more now. Was there any public outcry over this or was it quietly hushed in the media for $$$?

A bankrupt country turns to drug dealing. If it wasn't so sad and ridiculous it would be hilarious.
Are you calling this a new idiot tax?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:

You would likeky be amazed by who you know that could get it for you. Not saying you hang out with potheads ken but way more people than you think puff and just keep it on the DL.