Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 AM

You can almost feel the barbwire tightening around the post as these sorts of threads are debated back and forth.. I feel for those who are affected by the circus clowns this time of the year.

To those who care for Alberta's lease lands, thank you for being stewards to the land and please be patient with those who have the entitled attitudes, these people do not represent the majority of our group.

All the best !
Old 11-13-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
You can almost feel the barbwire tightening around the post as these sorts of threads are debated back and forth.. I feel for those who are affected by the circus clowns this time of the year.

To those who care for Alberta's lease lands, thank you for being stewards to the land and please be patient with those who have the entitled attitudes, these people do not represent the majority of our group.

All the best !
I think you'll find that as members of the public, we are in fact entitled to access on public land. As far as deeded property goes- whole different story, I'll be out there hat in hand.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
I think you'll find that as members of the public, we are in fact entitled to access on public land. As far as deeded property goes- whole different story, I'll be out there hat in hand.
Yes the public is entitled to access public land, but being a dick about things does nothing positive for our group..
Old 11-13-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes the public is entitled to access public land, but being a dick about things does nothing positive for our group..
Not about being positive, its about recognizing rights here.

At least fishingmom thinks you're smart
Old 11-13-2015, 01:16 PM

Default hunting access

Speaking of asking for permission does anyone on this thread have any deeded or leased land they would allow me to hunt on to harvest a white tail doe in zone 310 thanks
Old 11-13-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
Not about being positive, its about recognizing rights here.

At least fishingmom thinks you're smart
Hate to break it to you but we all need to realize our passion is not strong in numbers nor support of our heritage. So being a poor representative (dick) does nothing but detriment to the future of our sport.

Guess you feel different or entitled ?
Old 11-13-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon5555 View Post
Seriously though they abuse it and in turn we miss out on a good close fishery
I wouldn't say they're abusing it, it is their creek according to their deed, because (I think) that section was purchased prior Alberta becoming a province/property of the crown.
They're just not tactful in going about informing people, whom think (rightfully so) that they're not trespassing.

Last edited by robson3954; 11-13-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
No tell him to talk to the local ESRD Land Use Officer. The watercourse does not have to be excepted out of title to be owned by the crown. The Crown has been making Industry apply for pipeline agreements that cross creeks or other watercourses that are not excepted out of the landowner's title. The crown feels they own the watercourse.

Nah lots of guys have contacted fw/ersd and they're well aware of the propery in question and yes it is their creek. I think they own the bed and fish. Now, legally I don't think they can alter the creek in such a way that it affects the watershed downstream (taking too much water, dumping into the creek etc)
Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Hate to break it to you but we all need to realize our passion is not strong in numbers nor support of our heritage. So being a poor representative (dick) does nothing but detriment to the future of our sport.

Not the first time I've heard that tired old song, look the the lease owner has to give permission eventually, I don't need kiss the guys rear end to make him feel like the lord of the manor when he doesn't even own the land he's trying to restrict access to

Do you have something else you want to parrot back at me
Old 11-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yup, lets just bend over for the leaser and let him stick it to us.
The future of our sport won't matter when access is denied. at the present leasers are trying to keep us off grazing leases. Once they succeed it will boil over to forest reserves. I know I'm not gonna be one to stand around with my thumb shoved where the sun doesn't shine.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robson3954 View Post
I wouldn't say they're abusing it, it is their creek according to their deed, because (I think) that section was purchased prior Alberta becoming a province/property of the crown.
They're just not tactful in going about informing people, whom think (rightfully so) that they're not trespassing.
But really how is it hurting them to have someone catch and release a couple nice rainbows? Just seems like being an ass just for the sake of being an ass
Old 11-13-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon5555 View Post
But really how is it hurting them to have someone catch and release a couple nice rainbows? Just seems like being an ass just for the sake of being an ass
That's what some people's role in life is, that's for sure
Old 11-13-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Then call me a 'clown' Tim. I'm done arguing with grazing leaseholders that believe their leasing public land for the right to graze cattle, also gives them the right to arbitrarily deny reasonable access to the public.

You've outlined hunter disregard of the rules as is your right. I'm exercising my rights and documenting grazing leaseholder abuse of their responsibilities, that I have personally witnessed, and am making an appointment with my MLA, requesting a review of the grazing lease legislation. I'm asking for opportunity for the public to have meaningful input in a public, transparent, not just the Cattleman's Association dealing behind closed doors with their 'good old boy' Conservative friends. I'm not a big fan of the NDP, but in this instance, where they don't owe any favours to cattlemen, I'm hopeful that they'll shed some light on this sorry arrangement.

I will take full advantage of any opportunity afforded me to participate in any review, and will encourage every sportsperson I know personally, and through forums such as this - to take part. I'll focus on access issues, but I know a group of hunting agrologists that will focus on grazing lease land health issues, a couple of hunting cattlemen who will focus on the byzantine methods used to determine sweetheart lease rates (and the ability to rig them), along with leaseholders who do not run any cattle but only collect oil/gas revenue, and environmentalists to question the overall reasons for issuing grazing leases in light of other uses of public land more beneficial to the public - such as government responsibility for endangered species like the sage grouse.

Tim, you seem confident in your position. Let's take it to a transparent review with the land owner (the people of Alberta), and see where the chips fall. This constant, festering wound in hunter/leaseholder relationships needs to addressed.
Well done, great post!