Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Eat Bread playing with more heart than the rest of the team again. What a great move on that rush, almost tucked it in.
He has quietly been one of their best players this year.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post
Ritter looking pretty solid. Keeping us in this game.
Yep. Flyers are coming on. He looks solid though.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:38 PM

Shots 25-10 for Flyers. Flames have gone what, 11 or 12 periods without scoring now? Gave up first goal 8 straight games. Yup, going to the range now.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
......Flames have gone what, 11 or 12 periods without scoring now?
It's four.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
This is the point of the big switch where oil and flame trade places.
I have a feeling in my little toe that over the next 20 games the flames will win 13-15 of those games and my oil will win 7-10 of the games.
Hope I’m wrong.
Ok. Starting next week.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Banned

*5*
Old 11-23-2019, 12:47 PM

Might watch the 3rd. Only 3 shots on goal in the 2nd though?

Last edited by Trochu; 11-23-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Banned

Looks like Smith's mentoring last year has rubbed off on Rittich.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
That's a great gift, i will have too look it up.
Yeah I am at work so will listen on the radio as much as I can, maybe it will sound better than it looks.
I can't see this going on much longer, can it? Listening to all the negative points being thrown around last few days, some of these stats are crazy. Jankowski has had 1 shot on net in 88 shifts, no points. Johnny and Monahans stats are horrible. Rittich needs to stop trying to force something to happen and getting stuck behind the net.
Let's hope the players only meeting and hanging out in hotel with the flight mess up, all helps. Has to start somewhere. Go Flames Go!!!!
I am pretty sure I said NOT to have this happen.. Ugh just stay put man...
Old 11-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

That's gotta feel like a win already.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
You Phleghm fans really have to do some research. Your team has only won 4 playoff series in the last 28 years. Maybe the worst record in the league.
You really need to graduate from remedial reading class before you post on this thread. Whatever blather you post with the help of spell check doesn't change a single syllable of what I said. The soilers have had more first overall or high first round draft picks and at the same time have have posted the most pathetic record of any Canadian team in that same 10-12 year time frame.

No matter how many "I know you are, but what am I?" juvenile responses you come up with, you can't change the facts. Do the research.

If you're incapable of that, and I'm betting you are, then back under the bridge for you or perhaps back to the Soiler thread where you can sing the boss's Glory Days while you day dream about the eighties with the rest, if you can even remember that far back.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:45 PM

And all of a sudden it’s a great game! Gaurenteed point ta boot!
Old 11-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
You really need to graduate from remedial reading class before you post on this thread. Whatever blather you post with the help of spell check doesn't change a single syllable of what I said. The soilers have had more first overall or high first round draft picks and at the same time have have posted the most pathetic record of any Canadian team in that same 10-12 year time frame.

No matter how many "I know you are, but what am I?" juvenile responses you come up with, you can't change the facts. Do the research.

If you're incapable of that, and I'm betting you are, then back under the bridge for you or perhaps back to the Soiler thread where you can sing the boss's Glory Days while you day dream about the eighties with the rest, if you can even remember that far back.
Ahh man, you hurt me right in the feelers. I'm really sorry your team is bad. They have the most pathetic record of any Canadian team in the last 6 games. Anyone can pick a time frame. Glory days? WTH do Phleghm fans know about glory days?
Old 11-23-2019, 01:50 PM

Woohoo!
Old 11-23-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Ahh man, you hurt me right in the feelers. I'm really sorry your team is bad. They have the most pathetic record of any Canadian team in the last 6 games. Anyone can pick a time frame. Glory days? WTH do Phleghm fans know about glory days?
Whether your a Flames or Oilers fan, most of us are here for some fun ribbing and banter. However, there is always a someone that comes along just like you.

If you cannot have a little fun on these threads, maybe you should take a hike...Everyone has been respectable except you.....

A little humility is in order for you...Maybe a timeout should be in order for you?

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 11-23-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:03 PM

Default Warning

Quote:
If you are gonna come on this thread you better change your attitude. Fast. Right now you are just causing trouble. Good natured ribbing is fine. Being a jerk is not.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Whether your a Flames or Oilers fan, most of us are here for some fun ribbing and banter. However, there is always an ******* that comes along just like you.

If you cannot have a little fun on these threads, maybe you should take a hike...Everyone has been respectable except you.....

A little humility is in order for you...Maybe a timeout should be in order for you?
He kinda counter acts dead moose don’t ya think..... timeout? Tit for tat maybe.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If you are gonna come on this thread you better change your attitude. Fast. Right now you are just causing trouble. Good natured ribbing is fine. Being a jerk is not.
Check out dead moose history.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:07 PM

With the heat he's been taking lately, it was nice to see Johnny pumped up after Rittich's final save while the rest of the bench was sitting pretty quiet.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:43 PM

And Flames fans breath a sigh of relief. Just in time too !!! You guys was getting grumpy. With any luck the oilers can do you the flames a couple of flavours this weekend.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
He kinda counter acts dead moose don’t ya think..... timeout? Tit for tat maybe.
Had to do a quick search and somehow the OIler thread last year disappearded because of deadmoose...Missed that...LOL
Old 11-23-2019, 03:28 PM

Well fist off that Ignore button works like a hot D@mn,
Wasn't pretty but we will take it. Good job fighting back after a not so
great 2nd period. Nice to see some smiles on them players finally.
Now build off that and let's get going. Got work to do..
Old 11-23-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
It's four.
Getting shut out 3 straight confused me....Anyway, the range was fun. Looks like I missed another comeback. So yay. Two points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191123_140421_02.jpg (65.7 KB, 26 views)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Getting shut out 3 straight confused me....Anyway, the range was fun. Looks like I missed another comeback. So yay. Two points.
You seem to have blocked the Colorado game from your mind...

Probably more fun than watching any game on TV ever will be.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You seem to have blocked the Colorado game from your mind...

Probably more fun than watching any game on TV ever will be.
I did miss it on purpose. It's all been so traumatic.....I guess we could say the previous 8 game stretch was marginally less sucky than I imagined.

And yes, a day at the range with some fine handguns is great. My trip yesterday, I took my Sig X5, and a Colt Python. Today, it was a P226 in .40 and a S&W model 27-2 with 5" barrel, with a Murray Charlton trigger job. And then I always take my Model 41 for cheap, accurate plinking in 22 LR. So stress relieving.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
And yes, a day at the range with some fine handguns is great. My trip yesterday, I took my Sig X5, and a Colt Python.
Have you ever shot "the Colt Python"? If I owned it, I would likely be of two minds, want to shot it for the fun of it and in the back of my mind thinking owning a gun that I don't shoot is silly, but at the same time being really hesitate to shoot it. Like owning a collector car with limited miles.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Have you ever shot "the Colt Python"? If I owned it, I would likely be of two minds, want to shot it for the fun of it and in the back of my mind thinking owning a gun that I don't shoot is silly, but at the same time being really hesitate to shoot it. Like owning a collector car with limited miles.
No, there is no reason to shoot The Python when I have one already broken in that was specifically bought to shoot. It is a collector's piece, an investment, and worth far too much to shoot. Think of it more as original artwork. I can only think of one reason to shoot it, but this is a hockey thread, not politics....

Old 11-23-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
No, there is no reason to shoot The Python when I have one already broken in that was specifically bought to shoot. It is a collector's piece, an investment, and worth far too much to shoot. Think of it more as original artwork. I can only think of one reason to shoot it, but this is a hockey thread, not politics....
After today’s win today thought you guys would be planning the parade route. Instead you’re talking handguns. You all must’ve lost hope or something!

BW
Old 11-23-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
After today’s win today thought you guys would be planning the parade route. Instead you’re talking handguns. You all must’ve lost hope or something!

BW
You jest? Planning a parade....made me chuckle.

The boys get paid a lot of money to play a game. I expect them to play like they want to win. If they don't, I have better things to do than watch. Shooting handguns is always good.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:25 AM

Well the games don't get easier do they, Pittsburgh tonight. Probably best time to get them with the big dog being, out and sounding like Murray probably not starting, although they are still playing well..
5pm start, and let's hope we can start fast and get the first goal for a change. Hope we build off the win and get this thing going. Will take a late start and a strong finish, but time will tell. Go Flames..