Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomames View Post
Tournament fisherman want the fishing to be good and want it to be there for their kids and their grandchildren.
Why tournament fishermen suddenly became a priority? Only very small % of anglers fish in tournaments, so why their opinion is more important then majority of anglers?
Tournament fishermen can go and do their tourneys in Pigeon, Crawling Valley, Pine coulee, Pine lake, etc... there they can catch hundreds of fish and have all that fun they want.
Or maybe it is time to change their tournaments to pike fishing if they can't catch valley anymore...

Last edited by AK47; 10-11-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Why is exactly is it "nonsense" in your mind?
Because it makes no sense to me ( biologically, ethically and on all other counts). I already expressed my opinion about it and not willing to go into it again.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Why tournament fishermen suddenly became a priority? Only very small % of anglers fish in tournaments, so why their opinion is more important then majority of anglers?
Tournament fishermen can go and do their tourneys in Pigeon, Crawling Valley, Pine coulee, Pine lake, etc... there they can catch hundreds of fish and have all that fun they want.
Or maybe it is time to change their tournaments to pike fishing if they can't catch valley anymore...
The answer to your questions is very simple.

$.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
The answer to your questions is very simple.

$.
Please educate me on that subject, maybe I do not know some info? Do they contribute more then regular anglers to Alberta fisheries? Is money from tournament fees goes to stocking of valley or other fish?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Banned

Commercial interests take priority over recreational interests with respect to all our natural resources.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Commercial interests take priority over recreational interests with respect to all our natural resources.
thanks... that is just plain sad.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Seriously?
We (tournament fishermen) are not a priority. We are interested in the fisheries. Many of us have volunteered for tagging and other events. Have or do belong to other organizations past/present/future like fish and game or walleye unlimited. Whats your problem?
You on one post stated you should go kill your 3 walleye while you still can. That is part of the problem. I don't keep many fish and I don't really have a problem with you keeping some. But the days of keeping 3 are over or should be(my opinion).

Were you even at the meeting?

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 10-11-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Just wondering if anyone heard what was discussed/decided at the fisheries meeting on the weekend?