Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
Explain your idea of integrated. Do I qualify? I own my house, I pay taxes, I've never been fired, my hair is short, I don't have a accent, all my kids with one woman, my kids have normal names, I don't drink outside the post office drinking at noon on Tuesday, I try not to panhandle, I drink captain Morgans private stock, i used to date white chicks before I met my wife and decided to keep it real, I use terms like keep it real, I dress like a true oilpatch guy ball cap oakleys and hoodie, I don't do crack, I'm only missing one tooth, I get to play hockey and ball with "your people" because I am still okay,
How do we qualify ?
Lol
Lol a little defensive huh? I'm happy for you, your a straight shooter and have done well for yourself. Maybe instead of arguing on a forum, maybe you should be helping your people out who are struggling (not all, but many). And if you think what I'm saying is only my view, go ask the rest of Canada. Behind closed doors, including 98% of the politicians, they'll tell you the same thing. Everyone wants to move on as a whole and if Canada is searching for equality, creating inequality at a government level needs to vanish. Goodnight everyone.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 PM

Wow, what a sad thread. Some people should maybe try to understand more and condemn less.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Wow, what a sad thread. Some people should maybe try to understand more and condemn less.
I admit I was the same way as a young man. Some people learn empathy and others don't I guess.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperHead View Post
If First Nations are trying to turn things around, handing out money only isn't the solution. If it's trauma (as they claim) still holding them back, then they should only receive help in that area to get them past it and to reintegrate them back into society as proud peoples who can, as a majority, contribute.

Call me ignorant all you want.
Sir, I call you smart. Very smart.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Oh really, so you grew up on a reserve? You were in a residential school where you were beaten for being a savage? Your grand parents and parents both grew up in residential schools........BS buddy there isn't a hope in hellfire that you've gone through the exact same type of history, not a one.
Maybe his grandparents were incinerated.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
That's not the point. Why should I or any other Canadian have to give any of our hard earned money to hobbema.
I bet you would sooner give your money to the premier or PM to spend on 800 dollar a night hotel rooms instead. At least a name change has some signifigance for the future.

Last edited by Red Bullets; 01-01-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Maybe his grandparents were incinerated.
Why has Poland and Germany at war become the same, it's not the same in any way. Germany was at war with Poland and gassed people. It lasted 6 years. We came to these shores and treated natives terrible for centuries, made treaties with them and never held out end up, tried to integrate them in many different cruel ways and still live with the effects today. These 2 things are not the same and no matter how many times you say they are they will never be.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I bet you would sooner give your money to the premieror PM to spend on 800 dollar a night hotel rooms instead. At least a name change has some signifigance for the future.
No Matter the name, it will not make a difference. It will continue to be a hole and a burden on the rest of the country. No I don't agree with gov. Officials spending huge tax payer dollars on $800 dollar rooms, but maybe if the gov wasn't giving first nations billions of dollars annually I wouldn't have to pay so much income tax.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperHead View Post
Lol a little defensive huh? I'm happy for you, your a straight shooter and have done well for yourself. Maybe instead of arguing on a forum, maybe you should be helping your people out who are struggling (not all, but many). And if you think what I'm saying is only my view, go ask the rest of Canada. Behind closed doors, including 98% of the politicians, they'll tell you the same thing. Everyone wants to move on as a whole and if Canada is searching for equality, creating inequality at a government level needs to vanish. Goodnight everyone.
I've done okay, I was just seeing if I qualify. Maybe I help my family by going to work and taking my kids places, I don't have time to save the world. Why is it everytime you point out that you're doing okay the answer is "why don't you help your people?". Because I've got stuff to do and most don't need help.
Where are you from? Maybe I can help you.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Why has Poland and Germany at war become the same, it's not the same in any way. Germany was at war with Poland and gassed people. It lasted 6 years. We came to these shores and treated natives terrible for centuries, made treaties with them and never held out end up, tried to integrate them in many different cruel ways and still live with the effects today. These 2 things are not the same and no matter how many times you say they are they will never be.
Like Hungary and Austria running Poland?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
No Matter the name, it will not make a difference. It will continue to be a hole and a burden on the rest of the country. No I don't agree with gov. Officials spending huge tax payer dollars on $800 dollar rooms, but maybe if the gov wasn't giving first nations billions of dollars annually I wouldn't have to pay so much income tax.
Yeah right. Taxes are going to be spent one way or another.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 PM

If it works will Saddle Lake be next to change its name to solve any social problems that may occur in the community.
Something as simple as a name change, why didn't we do this long ago?
I think I'll change my name to Donald Trump.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
If it works will Saddle Lake be next to change its name to solve any social problems that may occur in the community.

Please don't, I get a much better visual from Battle Rat.....
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
The name Donald Trump would look better on your curriculum vitae than Battle Rat. Now all you need to do is change your email contact to DonaldTrump45@gmail.com from your old one which is what? BattleRatHotWheelBabeHunter69@yahoo.ca
Old 01-01-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah right. Taxes are going to be spent one way or another.
You are correct, our taxes more than likely will never decrease, and will always be spent. How about we spend them on the betterment of the province, say improvements on infrastructure, few new schools, increase in care in our hospitals as well as maybe a few more MRI machines to cut down on wait times.......
I'm all for government spending, as long as it's spent wisely, not throwing it away on whimsical dreams
Old 01-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Please don't, I get a much better visual from Battle Rat.....
Splinter
Old 01-01-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
You are correct, our taxes more than likely will never decrease, and will always be spent. How about we spend them on the betterment of the province, say improvements on infrastructure, few new schools, increase in care in our hospitals as well as maybe a few more MRI machines to cut down on wait times.......
I'm all for government spending, as long as it's spent wisely, not throwing it away on whimsical dreams
Isn't that what the Harper govt bought for Iraq? Or was that Afghanistan? I remember reading somewhere about new schools, and roads, and hospitals...and they send the Palestinian Authority a few millions every year too....their largess is famous within the UN....but lets ruminate instead about the possibility they might spend a few dollars on a name change.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Isn't that what the Harper govt bought for Iraq? Or was that Afghanistan? I remember reading somewhere about new schools, and roads, and hospitals...and they send the Palestinian Authority a few millions every year too....their largess is famous within the UN....but lets ruminate instead about the possibility they might spend a few dollars on a name change.
So because Canadian tax payers money is wasted abroad, it is justifiable to waste it within our own country?
Sorry, two wrongs have yet to make a right
Old 01-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Indian affairs is a federal program, most of the things you listed are provincial.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
So because Canadian tax payers money is wasted abroad, it is justifiable to waste it within our own country?
It's not wasted here is it? How would they determine waste? What is waste to me is justifiable spending to another person....many Canadians are proud to say Harper spends so much on foreign aide.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Indian affairs is a federal program, most of the things you listed are provincial.
You really think the department of indian affairs is footing the entire bill for this one?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's not wasted here is it? How would they determine waste? What is waste to me is justifiable spending to another person....many Canadians are proud to say Harper spends so much on foreign aide.
As far as I know we spend less than 1/2 of 1% of our taxes on foreign aide.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
You really think the department of indian affairs is footing the entire bill for this one?
Probably not but what's your point ? Why not at least give it a chance before you condemn the idea.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I guess time will tell won't it? Let's say we revisit the topic Jan. 1/15. See how many changes have actually happened in Hobemma
Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess time will tell won't it? Let's say we revisit the topic Jan. 1/15. See how many changes have actually happened in Hobemma
Good idea.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Dang MountainTi figured ya kicked the bucket ain;t heard from you for a long time. Good to hear from ya bud.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Jesus - is this AO or Stormfront?

Nothing like these threads to bring out the racist bigots.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Probably not but what's your point ? Why not at least give it a chance before you condemn the idea.
Never actually said I condemn the idea. Just somewhat of a realist so have a harder time being as optimistic as some. Spent my life working across the northern areas of the provinces as well as the NWT in the oilpatch, giving me less cause for optimism. Worked a lot up in the Tahlita area, didn't see much change there with a different name
Old 01-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Never actually said I condemn the idea. Just somewhat of a realist so have a harder time being as optimistic as some. Spent my life working across the northern areas of the provinces as well as the NWT in the oilpatch, giving me less cause for optimism. Worked a lot up in the Tahlita area, didn't see much change there with a different name
There are lots of problems anybody involved can tell you that. Money isn't the solution we know that for sure, what the answer is I don't know either, but tryin something is better than trying nothing.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
There are lots of problems anybody involved can tell you that. Money isn't the solution we know that for sure, what the answer is I don't know either, but tryin something is better than trying nothing.
You're right, something does need to be done and this is worth a shot. Just hope it's not a teeny tiny expensive band-aid
I do hope it works
Closed Thread