Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: What type of stillwater trout fishery would you prefer at your favourite lake?
C&R with the chance of catching trout up to 25" 112 42.75%
Limit of 1 under 18" with a good chance of fish over 22" 47 17.94%
Limit of 1 over 18" with a good chance of fish over 20" 38 14.50%
Limit of 3 any size with a good chance of fish over 16" 49 18.70%
Limit of 5 any size with a good chance of fish over 12" 16 6.11%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
LMAO...Dave...go to Bullshead...I double dare you...we know the big fish are there...but I want to see you say at the end of the day...they were easy...if you see one. Fishing is fishing Dave...unless you are at a put and take lake right after stocking and able to kill any size. That is silly easy...but if you really see the benefit and sporting qualities and challenge to shooting a baby elk calf in hunting season...versus a seasoned aged and hunter-wise big bull elk... Good on ya.

You are sooooo funnnny....
So, you posted that the drive to Kan Lake is a borderline distance to travel from Calgary for a day of fishing and now you want people to believe that you fish Bullshead all of the time? How do you explain that?

I think that you need a better memory if you are going to run around posting things that aren't true.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Sorry, missed that earlier. I drive a lot to take in fishing. 2004 truck with just shy of 300,000 kms on it. Most of it due to fishing.

Can't say there is much I can agree with you on but thats okay. Have a good season nonetheless, if it ever gets here...

Cheers
Thank you.....you as well. Maybe I'll see you on Muir Lake sometime.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
LMAO...Dave...go to Bullshead...I double dare you...we know the big fish are there...but I want to see you say at the end of the day...they were easy...if you see one. Fishing is fishing Dave...unless you are at a put and take lake right after stocking and able to kill any size. That is silly easy...but if you really see the benefit and sporting qualities and challenge to shooting a baby elk calf in hunting season...versus a seasoned aged and hunter-wise big bull elk... Good on ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
So, you posted that the drive to Kan Lake is a borderline distance to travel from Calgary for a day of fishing and now you want people to believe that you fish Bullshead all of the time? How do you explain that?

I think that you need a better memory if you are going to run around posting things that aren't true.

LOL...So please quote the line or reference you are referring too (it ain't there) but by all means...don't answer the question...

Do you really see the benefit and sporting qualities and challenge to shooting a baby elk calf in hunting season...versus a seasoned aged and hunter-wise big bull elk?

The tough questions...it is best you ignore them Dave...those are the ones people critique you on the most.

Sun

P.S. For those interested...the post referred to many people not having the time or money or energy to go that far. My grandfather for instance as he got older...wanted to travel shorter and shorter distances. There was few options then and he stopped fishing way sooner that I would of liked. Money for gas is only going to get worse. But Dave apparently hates old lazy people too. If we don't start some better lakes going now and work out bugs...by the time $2 gas hits...the pressure closer to cities will go up dramatically. Specks will be laughing...the rest of us not so much. If you are asking...do I want to make it easier to drive to at least one good lake. Ummm... Yes
Old 03-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
LMAO...Dave...go to Bullshead...I double dare you...we know the big fish are there...but I want to see you say at the end of the day...they were easy...if you see one. Fishing is fishing Dave...

Indeed, it sounds VERY challenging fishing there.

http://www.flyfishingthebow.com/bullshead.htm

"Fishing was so good some days that at least one of us had a fish on at all times. Not only did we have countless double, triple and quadruple headers, but at one point all six of us in pontoon boats had a big fish on at the same time one evening."

http://flyfishalberta.blogspot.com/2...d-bonanza.html

"The fishing was amazing. Over the course of the three days we were there, we caught many quality fish. Everything we tried worked. Hanging leeches under a strike indicator, flashbacks and hares ears were our main patterns. The fish were colorful, thick, fiesty and so many were 18 plus inches. Our best was 23 inches. We even had a day that yielded well over 40 rainbows."
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL...So please quote the line or reference you are referring too (it ain't there) but by all means...don't answer the question...

Do you really see the benefit and sporting qualities and challenge to shooting a baby elk calf in hunting season...versus a seasoned aged and hunter-wise big bull elk?

The tough questions...it is best you ignore them Dave...those are the ones people critique you on the most.
Sure, I'b be happy to answer that for you but I need to know why you think that a bull elk would be harder to hunt than a calf elk.........because the bull is more hunter savvy?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Indeed, it sounds VERY challenging fishing there.

http://www.flyfishingthebow.com/bullshead.htm

"Fishing was so good some days that at least one of us had a fish on at all times. Not only did we have countless double, triple and quadruple headers, but at one point all six of us in pontoon boats had a big fish on at the same time one evening."

http://flyfishalberta.blogspot.com/2...d-bonanza.html

"The fishing was amazing. Over the course of the three days we were there, we caught many quality fish. Everything we tried worked. Hanging leeches under a strike indicator, flashbacks and hares ears were our main patterns. The fish were colorful, thick, fiesty and so many were 18 plus inches. Our best was 23 inches. We even had a day that yielded well over 40 rainbows."
:s Ha_shakeshout:

LOL...wow...thanks Dave...very nice links...they totally prove your point and make me sick to my stomach to fish there

Actually now that I look at the pictures more...they are top quality shots.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Sure, I'b be happy to answer that for you but I need to know why you think that a bull elk would be harder to hunt than a calf elk.........because the bull is more hunter savvy?
So you don't want to hunt the calves...you want to hunt the bulls...yet you demand to kill the baby rainbows...and not let them grow bigger.

"We were lucky to get home unscathed after a fabulous fishing adventure."

How dare someone call it a fabulous fishing adventure going to Bullshead...a quality fishery. I can hardly waiting for their fabulous fishing adventure story at Dipping Vat Lake.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you don't want to hunt the calves...you want to hunt the bulls...yet you demand to kill the baby rainbows...and not let them grow bigger.

"We were lucky to get home unscathed after a fabulous fishing adventure."

How dare someone call it a fabulous fishing adventure going to Bullshead...a quality fishery. I can hardly waiting for their fabulous fishing adventure story at Dipping Vat Lake.
When did I say that?

IMO it all comes down to angler education, or lack thereof, as to what sized fish should be taken out of a lake for consumption.

Maybe Heron will let you fish his dugout so you can take some pictures of your own.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
When did I say that?

IMO it all comes down to angler education, or lack thereof, as to what sized fish should be taken out of a lake for consumption.

Maybe Heron will let you fish his dugout so you can take some pictures of your own.
Cool so you are in favor of angler education. We can teach conservation and the value of releasing enough of the smaller fish in a stocked put and take lake so that they can grow bigger and provide more meat and more fun!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
lol i have my fish mounted i have the proof ..i am a master in my sport what are u .. i have put the time in to learn my quarry.. gheeesss your making me a grumpy old man.. i have put in years teaching and taking people about fish .. i have yearly records for fishing in my area that go back to 1962.. i have fish study,s that go back to 1928.. i have won 4 provincal trophys in fishing.. and you what are yours..

whats happening at Police why aren,t there 4 lbers and better
Mr. Robson,
With all due respect.
Stop while you're ahead. As for me, you have lost all credibility. You need something to do. Catching big fish in 1982 has nothing to do with today's day and age. Dude, you're stuck in the 60's dude - even your profile shows it!!! Our demographics are simply changing at a pace that our current fisheries program cannot handle. This is not the 60's. How can you not see this??

Anyways....................
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 PM

Hey sun .. that bit about my fish was because i want to let prud know that my fish were caught on flys .. the rest was to talk on theroys on general big fish and Quality fishing in big lakes..sorry wasn,t meant for you..
Old 03-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Hey sun .. that bit about my fish was because i want to let prud know that my fish were caught on flys .. the rest was to talk on theroys on general big fish and Quality fishing in big lakes..sorry wasn,t meant for you..
Thanks.

I believe although one of the arguments on your side that you have fallen into with Dave's brand of humor is somehow insinuating that people that want better fishing are poor fishermen. You style of posting with the bragging seems to try and accent that. I believe we are on average all equal and no one is better than the other. That is why I am suggesting sharing and compromise rather than fighting over the lakes and saying they are all mine. It is a different approach that Dave but still...careful not to fall into his trap.

On this site I just assume everyone fishes...and uses a multitude of methods and are not above using any method that works...while having their favorite to fall back on.

Therefore this is not about spin fishing or flyfishing as some have branded the argument. Most people I have seen fishing at Bullshead were using spinning rods for instance.

So what is your problem with Triploids?

Cheers

Sun
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Sun hey nice reports ..was talking to a fish farm girl at Edmonton Sportsman Show as she was selling fish and about growth rates of her rainbows and what was the biggest i could buy and how much etc/1 inch per month/biggest u can buy 12"/$5.. but then i came home and had conversation with local anglers as to the size they are catching at Wildhorse Lake here and they are this years stock and they are 14 inches (Dec) to 16 1/2 .. had a talk with a F & W Angler today and he confirmed size..so here it is about 1 inch too , but hey maybe yours are not as my lakes here are differn,t .. will i go elsewhere to fish you bet but then i am a Complete Angler.. i fish all ways/all species and i have taught fishing for years..taken kids fishing (not my own) I have been a World Recorder Holder(line class) in 3 differn,t spieces from the province of Alberta and held 4 WR at one time in 2 differn,t record books.. but you would call that bragging ... if you have done it is it bragging?.. i believe catching any size of fish is awesome period.. we are lucky here .. in Europe it cost thousands of dollars to join a club to get two hours on river!!Attachment 33774 this is what i enjoy watching a Child fish and with his Dad Priceless.. 19 inch Cutt 2010
hey anglers Kaden at 7 yrs old is a 2010 Provincal Cutthroat winner from a Quality Lake Miskiki but its only a 2 year old fish(stocked every 2 yrs) so it dosn,t have to have size limit would have been there any way or bait ban or number restricted could have been limit of 2 as elsewhere if you had put in same number as brookies stocks 7 yrs ago.. just calling a spade a spade sorry!!! nice name though Quality
Old 03-24-2011, 10:12 PM

So the stocking at Lower wildhorse lake was 2500 fish per year for the last few years.
Stocking at the small body of water known as Police lake was:
2007: 50,000+
2008: 50,000
2009: 43,000
2010: 30,000

I wondering why the fish grow faster at Wildhorse???????
Police lake is polluted with fish trying to find some food to eat
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Sun .. not sure about them .. one side loves the potencial .. and they are a nice fish..at least they can,t be feral and spawn.. the other is a pure fisherman that believe that man should not interfere.. nature does make triploids but not very often..i don,t like game ranches either .. and don't think that thay are pure and should be classed the same as wild.. but hey each to there own..
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
hey anglers Kaden at 7 yrs old is a 2010 Provincal Cutthroat winner from a Quality Lake Miskiki but its only a 2 year old fish(stocked every 2 yrs) so it dosn,t have to have size limit would have been there any way or bait ban or number restricted could have been limit of 2 as elsewhere if you had put in same number as brookies stocks 7 yrs ago.. just calling a spade a spade sorry!!! nice name though Quality
Specks...we already said...the main issue is distance from major urban centers. You ain't listening. We know if you are a longer ways from millions of people you will have less pressure and more options to fish.

Happy she caught a nice fish...but not relevant...upon further look see it is. Quality lakes control stocking to maximize size and growth...how many trout get stocked in that lake? If it is a lower number than they are doing it right by stocking way less to increase the size...since they don't have the fishing pressure it works. Simple as that.

Let me answer for you...only 2000 cutts were stocked at 18 cm in 2009.

You state there is no reason for special regulations to make a good lake yet thanks for pointing this out. Not sure why but you are a good guy and maybe coming to the light. This a quality Cutthroat Lake yet the stocking is done to maximize growth rates at 2000 every 2 years...our put and take lakes get 50,000 or 80,000 a year.

You did not do your post justice with mentioning such relevant information...but here are the regs for your lake...

Muskiki Lake (NW 5-45-20-W5) – Open all year – Trout limit 5; but Cutthroat limit 1 only; Cutthroat over 40 cm; 5 may be Brook Trout
Dec. 16 to Oct. 31– Bait Ban.

Obviously it is a special regulation lake. Only 1 cutt allowed. No bait...and you state the winning cutthroat came from there. Dave say no kids fish quality lakes... Tosh hates them cause they are not for kids he says. Yet...a kid won the biggest cutt. I am sure the little tyke is tickled pink that that quality lake is there.

Thanks for the post.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-24-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post
So the stocking at Lower wildhorse lake was 2500 fish per year for the last few years.

some lakes have that right mix i was talking about eariler we have one here that just died Obed low oxgen maybe hope if we get aerators helps i will post some numbers for you to look at from sixtys to 2009 u will see some nice fish now remember these are just club records not all fish caught were entered
Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Sun .. not sure about them .. one side loves the potencial .. and they are a nice fish..at least they can,t be feral and spawn.. the other is a pure fisherman that believe that man should not interfere.. nature does make triploids but not very often..i don,t like game ranches either .. and don't think that thay are pure and should be classed the same as wild.. but hey each to there own..
Specks...the rainbow trout stocked are so domesticated that they are not anything like a gerrard. They are lake cattle. Triploids are exactly the same. There is almost no different to the average angler. They are also almost exclusively stocked. If you caught stocked rainbows last year...they were very likely triploids. Alberta is going to 100% triploids eventually. All stocked trout ponds are game ranches. But catching and releasing them as they grow...definitely wises them up to a hook and makes them more challenging.

Pure fishermen...if there is a beast...while Dave would definitely call you elitist should not be fishing stocked water...period. Even your Maligne Rainbows have domestic blood in them. BC has better genetics lines but be careful. You best bet...go fish Alaskan rainbows.

I assume based upon this post you refuse to fish stocked put and take lakes?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Specks...we already said...the main issue is distance from major urban centers. You ain't listening. We know if you are a longer ways from millions of people you will have less pressure and more options to fish.

Happy she caught a nice fish...but not relevant...upon further look see it is. Quality lakes control stocking to maximize size and growth...how many trout get stocked in that lake? If it is a lower number than they are doing it right by stocking way less to increase the size...since they don't have the fishing pressure it works. Simple as that.

Let me answer for you...only 2000 cutts were stocked at 18 cm in 2009.

You state there is no reason for special regulations to make a good lake yet thanks for pointing this out. Not sure why but you are a good guy and maybe coming to the light. This a quality Cutthroat Lake yet the stocking is done to maximize growth rates at 2000 every 2 years...our put and take lakes get 50,000 or 80,000 a year.

You did not do your post justice with mentioning such relevant information...but here are the regs for your lake...

Muskiki Lake (NW 5-45-20-W5) – Open all year – Trout limit 5; but Cutthroat limit 1 only; Cutthroat over 40 cm; 5 may be Brook Trout
Dec. 16 to Oct. 31– Bait Ban.

Obviously it is a special regulation lake. Only 1 cutt allowed. No bait...no ice fishing...and you state the winning cutthroat came from there. Dave say no kids fish quality lakes... Tosh hates them cause they are not for kids he says. Yet...a kid won the biggest cutt. I am sure the little tyke is tickled pink that that quality lake is there.

Thanks for the post.
he was with me we got 1 keeper .... yep one happy boy you can see his smile sort of in pic.. wait till Edmonton WOW and in the Alberta book forever at 7years of age may be one of the youngest record holders .. Priceless ps U can ice fish Miskiki
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post

Exactly the problem. See Specks...if you can't fix the root of the problem...you can't fix the problem period.

So you can agree Specks...we need the right mix of fish and the right regulations to get the fishing up to a caliber that we can be proud of.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
he was with me we got 1 keeper .... yep one happy boy you can see his smile sort of in pic.. wait till Edmonton WOW and in the Alberta book forever at 7years of age may be one of the youngest record holders .. Priceless ps U can ice fish Miskiki
Correct about the ice fishing...I was looking at another thread date. To allow ice fishing the poaching must be low and the fishing pressure manageable. That is great.

Another positive story from a Quality Lake...and this one near Hinton.

Cool!

I love happy kids and their fishing stories.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Exactly the problem. See Specks...if you can't fix the root of the problem...you can't fix the problem period.

So you can agree Specks...we need the right mix of fish and the right regulations to get the fishing up to a caliber that we can be proud of.
Let me post a lake no changes in years u will see a differn,t lake there are a few lakes that have better than average fishing as long as you keep then alive for size now u may have to put more hour to catch 1 big fish.. give me a sec to post yearly winners
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 PM

Obed Lake'

1962 -6 lbs Rainbow
1964 3.12 Brown kids
1965 7.7 brown kids
1965 8.2 brown
1966 8.4 rainbow
1967 8.7 rainbow
1967 6.10 brown
1968 7.10 brown
1968 8.7 rainbow
1969 10.13 brown
1970 11.10 1/2 brown
there must have been a die off will post some more record in a minute
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 PM

1974 6.6 rainbow
1975 6.2rainbow
1976 7.10 rainbow
1976 9.2 brown not sure where came from no lake list but must be obed
1977 7.13 rainbow
1978 8.4 rainbow
another die off
1988 6.10 brown
1988 5.14 kids
1989 10.14 brown
1990 7.12 brown
1991 11.10 brown
1991 8.14 rainbow
1992 10.2 brown
1993 6.3 brown
1994 8.13 brown
1995 5.11 brown
1997 9.1 brown
1998 13.1 brown
1999 12.8 brown
2000 13.6 brown
2000 12.8 brown on a fly
2001 8.2 brown
2002 9.9 brown
2003 10.7 brown
any how u can see this lake is a good lake no special rules etc ice fishing allowed
Old 03-24-2011, 11:49 PM

wild horse nice 2500 fish one day fishing if you let out u have bigger fish there.. ooppps Calgary found out limit 1 fish .. next weekend you cant buy a fish.. do you think pressure can hurt a small lake... so then the next thing you want is a catch and release lake for your bigger fish.. making lake a special intrest lake ..

right now u can go to any lakes and practice C and release and if you want to take only a 16 inch fish you can do that and if you dont want to use bait then don,t .. and if you want to flyfish only then you can do that.. so even if you have 50000 anglers on your side please leave the other 150000 so we can do any and all types of fishing and still have a chance at a 25 in trout at most lakes in Alberta we only have 200 or 300 and you all can still do your thing on these lake now so whats your problem.. i just show you the history of a nice lake here check out your lakes down there and post yearly records from those lake bet some will surprise you.. goldscud showed me a nice fish bet its a 25 inch fish ..and he said it was from down there what about the 12 # er .. sure not everone will catch a 12# but hey we don,t up here neither thats fishing
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
1974 6.6 rainbow
1975 6.2rainbow
1976 7.10 rainbow
1976 9.2 brown not sure where came from no lake list but must be obed
1977 7.13 rainbow
1978 8.4 rainbow
another die off
1988 6.10 brown
1988 5.14 kids
1989 10.14 brown
1990 7.12 brown
1991 11.10 brown
1991 8.14 rainbow
1992 10.2 brown
1993 6.3 brown
1994 8.13 brown
1995 5.11 brown
1997 9.1 brown
1998 13.1 brown
1999 12.8 brown
2000 13.6 brown
2000 12.8 brown on a fly
2001 8.2 brown
2002 9.9 brown
2003 10.7 brown
any how u can see this lake is a good lake no special rules etc ice fishing allowed
Nice but it is not stocked rainbow trout fishery. Still nice sized browns. I wonder what the catch rates are for browns.

Still thanks for proving the point...why can't we have some great special reg fisheries like Muskiki you described and Obed. You are truly blessed to have such variety and options...just like we wish to have down south.

No point in you enjoying the options yet fighting your great fellow fishermen in the rest of the Province fighting F&W for the same thing.

Cheers

Sun

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-25-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
wild horse nice 2500 fish one day fishing if you let out u have bigger fish there.. ooppps Calgary found out limit 1 fish .. next weekend you cant buy a fish.. do you think pressure can hurt a small lake... so then the next thing you want is a catch and release lake for your bigger fish.. making lake a special intrest lake ..

right now u can go to any lakes and practice C and release and if you want to take only a 16 inch fish you can do that and if you dont want to use bait then don,t .. and if you want to flyfish only then you can do that.. so even if you have 50000 anglers on your side please leave the other 150000 so we can do any and all types of fishing and still have a chance at a 25 in trout at most lakes in Alberta we only have 200 or 300 and you all can still do your thing on these lake now so whats your problem.. i just show you the history of a nice lake here check out your lakes down there and post yearly records from those lake bet some will surprise you.. goldscud showed me a nice fish bet its a 25 inch fish ..and he said it was from down there what about the 12 # er .. sure not everone will catch a 12# but hey we don,t up here neither thats fishing
See...there you go with the paranoia again. Bullshead is a small lake. Everyone is happy with the special reg. NO ONE is paranoid but you. Rather than go crazy with your postings again...go fish Bullshead this Spring.

LOL...goldscud showed you a rainbow from a private lake near Cypress Hills. Are you saying we should privatize our public lakes to protect and improve the fishing quality? Nuts...when simple reg changes can do it just like Muskiki became such an awesome fishery. He was showing you an example of how fish can grow naturally in a lake and that your earlier ranks about not productive enough were so wrong it was laughable.

I mentioned earlier that most people fish all methods so all need to be accommodated...your ranting about fly fish only is silly. Complain to Jasper Parks about maligne river being flyfish only and demand to use bait. Good luck LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 AM

Has this topic set some kind of record yet? We need summer fast!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
See...there you go with the paranoia again. Bullshead is a small lake. Everyone is happy with the special reg. NO ONE is paranoid but you. Rather than go crazy with your postings again...go fish Bullshead this Spring.

LOL...goldscud showed you a rainbow from a private lake near Cypress Hills. Are you saying we should privatize our public lakes to protect and improve the fishing quality? Nuts...when simple reg changes can do it just like Muskiki became such an awesome fishery. He was showing you an example of how fish can grow naturally in a lake and that your earlier ranks about not productive enough were so wrong it was laughable.

I mentioned earlier that most people fish all methods so all need to be accommodated...your ranting about fly fish only is silly. Complain to Jasper Parks about maligne river being flyfish only and demand to use bait. Good luck LOL
Sun remember 10 years ago i took kids to Miskiki before it was quality lake no reg change we caught 83 fish in less than 2 days ,, some were 2 1/2 lbs

spent a week there this year caught 1 legal fish per day(me).. 30 people came and 3 caught legal fish ..

was 5 fish limit/ use bait/ no size limit/ stocking rates were higher caught 83..
now 1 fish limit/no bait/size restriction/stocking rates low caught 2 fish in 2days

by the way obed lake does not have restrictions and yes it does take time to catch a big fish.. but like this post you do have a chance to catch a 25 inch trout..

Thats what happens in Europe now Private ponds or club Fishing .. and yes it will come here as it has ..we look after a trout pond here HFGA
Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 AM

by the way Kaden is a Boy and his 2010 provincal winning fish was 2#3oz about 2 years old and the total fish we caught was 6 in that day

my boys and i caught 41 fish 10 years earlier and 6 were above 2 lbs and they would not let me key in on bigger fish

these are facts as i see it
can you explain what happened to fishery?

which would most people rather catch 41 to 2 1/2 2000
or 6 to to 2.3 2010

now you have to take into that i am a experinced angler..some peoples numbers would be less ....some a few may be more maybe

in summer(2010) i caught average 6 to 10 fish per day with one being legal

its been 6 to 7 years cutthroat have been in lake at low stocking numbers every 2 years stocking now and for three years it was shut down