Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: What type of stillwater trout fishery would you prefer at your favourite lake?
C&R with the chance of catching trout up to 25" 112 42.75%
Limit of 1 under 18" with a good chance of fish over 22" 47 17.94%
Limit of 1 over 18" with a good chance of fish over 20" 38 14.50%
Limit of 3 any size with a good chance of fish over 16" 49 18.70%
Limit of 5 any size with a good chance of fish over 12" 16 6.11%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2011, 07:43 PM

Prud nice fish
so did everyone who fish Bullshead catch 25 inch trout.. last year

the guys out here caught 25 inch trout and they have pics of more too
so your point is

thats a 3 yr old fish some lakes less if you have a great lake like you say you have why are they not 10 lbs 28 inches to 30

5 yr old fish here made it to 20# 4 Alberta record
my brookie was 13 yrs old btw

can you flyfish in any Alberta rainbow lakes
can you do catch and release in any lakes in Alberta
can you not take 5 rainbows if you want in any Alberta lakes that allow 5 take
do you have a chance at a 5lb fish at any rainbow Lake.. Yes or NO.. legal answer please (no saying but) Judge said please answer Question
no further question's

Thank-you for your time you can go now
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
i understand what you want, but your cause would be more supported if you included the majority of anglers in alberta. didnt realize there were no lakes in alberta with big trout and bait allowed regulations.
With BIG trout? No, not many and not enough for sure. Especially around 1,000,000 people. Again, I am an Albertan, yet I should be supporting the Dave's of this province. I support those that want better because those of us that want change (a lot more of us than Dave can even imagine) aren't seeing change in Alberta fast enough. Dave thinks it's just a few hundred, oh wait he actually believes it's only the guys that voted on this poll, maybe one or two more eh Dave?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:45 PM

"maybe you should read the conversation before jumping in"

But I think it is you that should do the reading
Old 03-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Any numbers to back that up Dave or are you speaking our of your azz again?
Well, I don't know.........a province wide campaign was conducted by TU and other like minded fishing clubs to create "quality" at Police and they were only able to drum up a little over 800 votes. Without looking it up, I think that it's reasonable to guesstimate a similar number of PETA members in the province as that. Regardless of the numbers, should we shut down all fishing on some waterbodies just to appease them? After all, you are saying that changes should be made to our P&T lakes to appease you.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
With BIG trout? No, not many and not enough for sure. Especially around 1,000,000 people. Again, I am an Albertan, yet I should be supporting the Dave's of this province. I support those that want better because those of us that want change (a lot more of us than Dave can even imagine) aren't seeing change in Alberta fast enough. Dave thinks it's just a few hundred, oh wait he actually believes it's only the guys that voted on this poll, maybe one or two more eh Dave?

you guys all jump on dave but he has made some very valid points here. people who do not fish a certin body of water should not get a say on how it is changed, fair in my mind. i believe that there are lots of people who want change. to say bait bans are too hard on our STOCKED fish where we have all the power to "tweak" things to ensure fish populations are well, or ice fishing will stop poaching is just non sense. we are not talking about fish that will spawn and be self sustaining, the fish truck will still have to come once in a while.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 PM

So tosh did ya get a chance to do some reading yet?

I was quoting an earlier post and responding to it!

Its ok Tosh, understandable in your situation.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Prud nice fish
so did everyone who fish Bullshead catch 25 inch trout.. last year

the guys out here caught 25 inch trout and they have pics of more too
so your point is

thats a 3 yr old fish some lakes less if you have a great lake like you say you have why are they not 10 lbs 28 inches to 30

5 yr old fish here made it to 20# 4 Alberta record
my brookie was 13 yrs old btw

can you flyfish in any Alberta rainbow lakes
can you do catch and release in any lakes in Alberta
do you have a chance at a 5lb fish at any rainbow Lake.. Yes or NO.. legal answer please (no saying but) Judge said please answer Question
no further question's

Thank-you for your time you can go now
Bump Judge pease answer question
Old 03-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
"maybe you should read the conversation before jumping in"

But I think it is you that should do the reading

what am i missing? i agreed limits should be lowered, but bait and ice fishing should be allowed. if you are gonna make something quality make it for everybody.....fair? i am more than happy to share with everybody as we all make up the population of anglers.

sorry about the harsh reply, i am interested to hear what lake you would like changes on and what the changes should be?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:03 PM

"you guys all jump on dave but he has made some very valid points here."

Ya, name one!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
i already agreed that limits should be lowered, i think they are in the best intrest of everybody. we are talking about bait bans and ice fishing. maybe you should read the conversation before jumping in.
So...who are you to say that everyone is on board with the 2 fish regulation change being good for everybody? What stats are you using? Same stats you are reading that says barely any anglers want bigger average size fish.

You have to be extremely careful not to be seen as a hypocrite when stating only things you agree with are legitimate and those your don't agree with is unacceptable. Because...regardless what you post...your conclusions are solely your own on both fronts and not based upon survey facts.

You are now arbitrarily deeming that ALL lakes must be changed from 5 to 2 rainbow limit...but are arguing loudly that a percentage should not have size restrictions to increase average sizes.

Unfreaking unbelievable.

Sun

P.S. I too believe in the 2 fish limit for management reasons...but your justification is so thick with bias you need a total body scrub with steel wool.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 PM

Tosh read post 1416
Old 03-26-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Do you vote in favor of reducing limits from 5 a day down to 2 a day province wide? If so why?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Sorry to all. But I cant resist.

Trains a comin Dave
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM

"Unfreaking unbelievable"

Yes it is.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
"you guys all jump on dave but he has made some very valid points here."

Ya, name one!!!!!!!!
He doesn't have to.........I'm a big boy and I can stand on my own two feet.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to all. But I cant resist.

Trains a comin Dave
Yeah, kinda like the little train that could..........I think I can........I think I can......
Old 03-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
when is the last time you heard a bait guy say, damn fly guys we should ban them from our little club!! you dont cause they are willing to share. why arent you? if its gonna be that way us bait guys will keep all the lakes around calgary we currently have and you guys can find your own, just saying.

p.s. GO OILERS GO
Share what 6 to 8 inch trout. Bait guys you can have that kids cr@p. Thats why bait bans are in effect to let the guppies grow. Believe me I wish we could all fish the way we all want, where we want, but unfortunately we don't have that luxury in Alberta. Believe me, eight years ago, I was ready to rip the bait ban sighs out of the ground at upper K. But now I would never want SRD to go lift the bait ban. Why ruin a good thing.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
you guys all jump on dave but he has made some very valid points here. people who do not fish a certin body of water should not get a say on how it is changed, fair in my mind. i believe that there are lots of people who want change. to say bait bans are too hard on our STOCKED fish where we have all the power to "tweak" things to ensure fish populations are well, or ice fishing will stop poaching is just non sense. we are not talking about fish that will spawn and be self sustaining, the fish truck will still have to come once in a while.
Tosh

Based upon what you said then I think before you go fishing anywhere in Alberta outside the current lake you fish or within 10 minute drive of Calgary...you should be required to write an exam allowing you to fish and pay an additional tax surcharge to fish it since it is not really yours. Any fish you catch you should pay a tax on to cover incidental mortality and any fish you harvest you should pay $2 an inch. That money should go back into the system and protect the fishery from a non resident of the area. To track it further you should purchase a $100 a year non local Alberta Resident fishing license. This licence escalates in price each year so as to encourage you to not fish in OTHER PEOPLES WATERS. You should also buy a parking license since or need to be dropped off so as to not take a locals parking space. All waste including urine should be taken home with you.

This rule should only apply to you.

All in agreement...say Agree!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Do you vote in favor of reducing limits from 5 a day down to 2 a day province wide? If so why?
i dont think there is a person in alberta that needs 5 a day. 2 is more that enuff. i believe there is a line between wanting to eat some fish and greed.
why do you believe in a 5 fish limit?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
i dont think there is a person in alberta that needs 5 a day. 2 is more that enuff. i believe there is a line between wanting to eat some fish and greed.
why do you believe in a 5 fish limit?
Sorry...I was asking Specs. Did I write Tosh?

If you read above...to a post of yours...you will see my opinion

LOL...a number of people are not reading...just reposting the same broken arguments.

...but...50 pages HERE WE COME
Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Sun you are advoiding because you can do all that i posted in Alberta in Put and Take lake,s

except the one that died (winter killed etc) but in 3 years they will be online sometimes not may get a second or third winter kill.. so these Quality lake's now in province never ever had a chance at a 5 lb or 25 inch trout
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Sun you are advoiding because you can do all that i posted in Alberta in Put and Take lake,s

except the one that died (winter killed etc) but in 3 years they will be online sometimes not may get a second or third winter kill.. so these Quality lake's now in province never ever had a chance at a 5 lb or 25 inch trout
You don't answer anything Specs...but what you write does not have me advoiding...just laughing so hard it is causing voiding...
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Unfreaking unbelievable.

Sun
Here's a great song for the "Unbelievable" bunch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKYcgMU-nJQ

You guys ought to listen to it after catching your 20" trout at the fish farm......cuz you're UNBELIEVABLE!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Sorry...I was asking Specs. Did I write Tosh?

If you read above...to a post of yours...you will see my opinion

LOL...a number of people are not reading...just reposting the same broken arguments.

...but...50 pages HERE WE COME
sorry sun, it was me who read wrong.

p.s. nothing would make me happier than the oilers puttin the nail in the coffin tonight!!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Spec I dont know what to say to you.

Much of what you say is totally irrelevent. Enough about the records. All it does is cloud up the points you are trying to make.

You are comparing hinton area fisheries which is distant to high density fishing pressures. And a terrible comparison to fishing down south here.

You sound like a seasoned and experienced fisherman but I guess we are not getting our point across to you, in that, extremely few fish make it over 14" in our put and take lakes down here. The vast majority of fish are removed at 10-12" in length leaving few to get any larger.

I do not know how to make that any more clear to you!

Quality fisheries would enable us to increase the average sizes of a "few" lakes. We just want a little bit of what you have got.

I really hope you take the time to read this and give it a little thought.

Thank you.

huntsfurfish.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:27 PM

Can you name any rainbow lake in your area that has never had a 25 inch rainbow trout in ever ?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:27 PM

"Yeah, kinda like the little train that could..........I think I can........I think I can...... "

Well said and touche.

First time ya made me smile dave!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can you name any rainbow lake in your area that has never had a 25 inch rainbow trout in ever ?
Glenmore............oh, I forgot.........that one doesn't count.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 PM

"sorry sun, it was me who read wrong."

No comment
Old 03-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Huntsfurfish .. sorry i thought you knew we don,t all catch 25" trout up here most catch 10 to 14 inches as when they put in by fall to dec they are that big but every year some catch 20 inchers and you have a chance at a 25' or better guys in town and Edmonton or Lloydminster all have the same chance i just see the one,s that are members of my club .. there isn,t a lake stocked here that my records don,t show a big Rainbow over 25 inches.. so if a Judge ask me if i had a chance at a 25 " rainbow trout in any lakes here i would have to say yes.

and yes we have a aerator on one lake.. I show you records for that other lake that die maybe this year .. does it help that lake yes..

on these other lake,s you name down there are you telling us that there never has been a 25 inch rainbow trout caught in that lake ..please name one so i can check with my AFGA contacts