Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
thought so....case closed....thanks for coming out....
Yeah case closed your not bright enough to back up your statement.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
Yeah case closed your not bright enough to back up your statement.
actually, you have no facts to back up yours....so.........unless you ride out there on a horse, and hunt with a Bow you made from a tree...you are talking "RIGHTS"...not subsitence.....oh right..th evil whitey brought the horse...make that walk out there with a bow....
Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
lol actually it does
Yes , I guess you are right , wild meat would probably be a good change after a steady diet of pop and chips ..
Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
sure...PM me, how you need that meat to "survive"......
"Subsistence hunting" for a Treaty Indian south of 56 is like the "subsistence allowance" for a Driller working near Drayton. Each of them depends on it for their daily bread to about the same extent.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned

Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I find it amusing that we got a guy in this thread making jokes that took a subsitence animal that is on a lottery draw in AB.
Really? Who is that?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
My god man you are all over the place,if people are going to be crooked they will find a way that is just the way it is.
I consider the fact that some people do trophy hunt under the guise of subsistence hunting to be crooked, even though it is technically legal.

Quote:
Thats a big stretch and if the scoring organization found out about it the trophy would not be entered.
The worst that could happen, would be that the animal is refused entry, and the chances of getting caught would be pretty slim.

Quote:
He was making the point that he does not believe people who shoot 1200 yards...and your sources are just as credible as one of the jokers.
Bingo,by the way, he is one of the people claiming to shoot game animals at 1200 yards with a hunting rifle, factory loads, and no range finder.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM

if its crooked, then how is it legal?
"I consider the fact that some people do trophy hunt under the guise of subsistence hunting to be crooked, even though it is technically legal"
Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Yes , I guess you are right , wild meat would probably be a good change after a steady diet of pop and chips ..
Why don't all you rednecks have the balls to just come out and say you hate indians.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
actually, you have no facts to back up yours....so.........unless you ride out there on a horse, and hunt with a Bow you made from a tree...you are talking "RIGHTS"...not subsitence.....oh right..th evil whitey brought the horse...make that walk out there with a bow....
They signed a treaty giving them the right to hunt and fish and it did not specify that it be done with a bow and arrow and remember when the treaties were signed, natives had rifles so your argument is very weak on facts!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Why don't all you rednecks have the balls to just come out and say you hate indians.
hate is such a strong word. I would say ....dispise... Don't care for.... Would step on a subsistence hunting Indians head if he were drowning in a stream...... But not hate.

C'mon ! Turn those frowns upside down! Lets feel the love! Yeah!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
if its crooked, then how is it legal?
I consider crooked to include things that may be legal, but to me are abuse of the legislation as written. Subsistence hunting is meant to provide an animal for subsistence, not to gain an advantage, in order to collect trophies.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I believe the correct term is "native" or "aboriginal"......please do NOT say the "I" word as it is very discriminatory.......yet another post to report for rascist language.....

LC
Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 PM

Hey will you guys stop saying Subsistance Hunting because i am one and it has nothing to do with treaty hunting..if any Albertan qualifys you can apply at any Co office.. and i have and have the right to harvest any time i need a animal for subsistance.. and on that long range shot i posted a picture of it .. so go away.. any person that does not want to take the Long Range Shooting School and still wants to calls BS should at least come watch and do some shooting before you make up your mind.. but you and others have choosen to be talkers rather than doers.. so the people reading this post will know where i fit in and whats done is done and i don't need your opinion. thanks anyway nice debate though .. stimulating

Food for Thought
David
Old 03-24-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I believe the correct term is "native" or "aboriginal"......please do NOT say the "I" word as it is very discriminatory.......yet another post to report for rascist language.....

LC
My god now your telling me what to call my self go ahead report it
Old 03-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Wink

Quote:

LC
actually.. It doesn't offend me at all. lol. I find when people talk... "those aboriginals" or "those stinking good for nothing poaching First Nations $&@#heads".. I find this more offensive sounding.

Nothing wrong with saying I'm an Indian... Because I am an Indian.

now I'll have to report your post for being silly.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuun.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 PM

Good I am glad you guys appreciate the irony in my posts....my point is just what you guys confirmed, that "Indian" is not a rascist term like some would lead us all to believe....

Some like this guy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
You understand that the term 'Indian' is degrading to many?
....this guy too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait Hadya View Post
referring to Aborginals as indians is rather derogatory and inappropriate, though it does shed some light on your narrow minded opinions. .
Thanks for your help fellas

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 03-24-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
He was making the point that he does not believe people who shoot 1200 yards...and your sources are just as credible as one of the jokers. You are confusing it with him saying he can shoot 1200 yards, you should brush up on your literature skills David.
You should come to the Long Range Shooting School and learn how to shoot 1200 yards and beyond .. my rifle is 0 at 500 yds and i have another disc or two for longer . at the school they will explain that and take you out so you can do it with their guns . and also learn how to do it with other guns equipment...in F class shooting they are doing it at 1000 yds with peep sites.. uninformed people make uninformed decisions

Food for Thought
David
Old 03-24-2012, 10:26 PM

This is all a bunch of Nonsense.. We all hunting for substance( meat). It is legal to wast meat, for anyone.. Now some natives just kill the first thing that come along,trophy/or non trophy, just like some non natives hunter.And some of us like to put a bit of sport/bragging/ trophy/ challenge in to it." Hey mines bigger then yours!" we are men its what we do. If a guy want to wait till some thing bigger comes along, that his business/right. Someone will be mad if a guy kills a small ram under 3/4 curl or if he kills a B&C. ram. The first nations people agreed to share the land with English settlers, with out more fights/wars/deaths(they are a undefeated nation, here in Canada), in return, they just wanted too fish and hunt and live off the land , like we all love to do, that's why they took the time to put it in the treaty's! You should be happy you get to enjoy there sport/ way of life! That's my two cents.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Good I am glad you guys appreciate the irony in my posts....my point is just what you guys confirmed, that "Indian" is not a rascist term like some would lead us all to believe....

Some like this guy....

Thanks for your help fellas

LC
weird.. Never thought that people thought that way. I thought it was more offensive growing up in a school where the majority of the students were white, and a couple Asians, being called names like

-hobo
-bush n$&@%r
-Tonto
-spearchucker
-horsetheif
-Welfare Bum

on that last one though......... funny thing is.... the first people to receive any kind of Welfare.....was the PILGRIMS
Old 03-24-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
This is all a bunch of Nonsense.. We all hunting for substance( meat). It is legal to wast meat, for anyone.. Now some natives just kill the first thing that come along,trophy/or non trophy, just like some non natives hunter.And some of us like to put a bit of sport/bragging/ trophy/ challenge in to it." Hey mines bigger then yours!" we are men its what we do. If a guy want to wait till some thing bigger comes along, that his business/right. Someone will be mad if a guy kills a small ram under 3/4 curl or if he kills a B&C. ram. The first nations people agreed to share the land with English settlers, with out more fights/wars/deaths(they are a undefeated nation, here in Canada), in return, they just wanted too fish and hunt and live off the land , like we all love to do, that's why they took the time to put it in the treaty's! You should be happy you get to enjoy there sport/ way of life! That's my two cents.
Agree wow you are a thinker and put it into words thanks

David
Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 PM

OH Ya! Thanks great great grampa for the card! The goat in my profile pick tasted great!
My hole family enjoyed it!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
good post .

i fail to see the diference of the indian that does some dodgey stuff , or the non indian that does the dodgey stuff ..?

I worked with a guy who had his whole family put in for draws so he could always get a mule tag . i know most of us know one of 'these guys "

whats the difference ? someone who abuses the system , abuses the system regardless of race .
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Default ok folks

This has been beat to death so many times its actually funny.