Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-01-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
do you generally aim for heard shot and if missed it hits the lung or you start it as a lung shot??
This right here about does it for me in this thread. I'm not thinking inexperience anymore. I'm thinking ridiculousness. On a deer the head is likely 2 feet from the lungs. Let's get serious.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
This right here about does it for me in this thread. I'm not thinking inexperience anymore. I'm thinking ridiculousness. On a deer the head is likely 2 feet from the lungs. Let's get serious.
Think you miss interpreted his spelling error. The way I read it would be Heart instead of heard
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Think you miss interpreted his spelling error. The way I read it would be Heart instead of heard
agreed
Old 09-01-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Totally read it as head. Oops! This is why Keg was saying there is a language barrier. Tons of grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. It makes it hard to read at times.

Sorry. Let's call it heart then for the OP's sake. No. The lung shots are not aiming at the heart. They are aiming at the lung area. Why would someone aim at a target that is 3" if they can aim at one that is at least 8"x8"? Ethically the lung area is the biggest target. It also bleeds like the dickens which kills the animal extremely fast. In my experience, usually less than 40 yards of where they were standing. Given how fast a deer or elk or moose can run, that is pretty quick. Under a minute for sure.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Still not a word about any of his experience killing animals. The way that he is choosing to avoid that question, I an thinking that he has little to no actual experience, and has just read too much.
That he has no experience is totally obvious. What is not so obvious is why.
Something isn't right, I just don't know what it is.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-01-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Totally read it as head. Oops! This is why Keg was saying there is a language barrier. Tons of grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. It makes it hard to read at times.

Sorry. Let's call it heart then for the OP's sake. No. The lung shots are not aiming at the heart. They are aiming at the lung area. Why would someone aim at a target that is 3" if they can aim at one that is at least 8"x8"? Ethically the lung area is the biggest target. It also bleeds like the dickens which kills the animal extremely fast. In my experience, usually less than 40 yards of where they were standing. Given how fast a deer or elk or moose can run, that is pretty quick. Under a minute for sure.
I aim for heart shot every chance! Lungs are close enough if the bullet drifts an inch or 2

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 09-01-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
That he has no experience is totally obvious. What is not so obvious is why.
Something isn't right, I just don't know what it is.

Seems possible anti/troll or someone writing a research paper to me!!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 09-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I've dropped animals in their tracks with lung shots but more often than not they go a s little ways - however , there is never an issue tracking them if need be at all.
The majority of my lung shot animals have died within my eyesight .
If I need to drop an animal where it is I shoot it in the shoulder ,
I will not take s head/ neck shot unless it is absolutely the only thing I have to shoot at, but I know others think nothing of it.
Cat
x2
Old 09-01-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Now, that I would have to see. I've had to kill Bison cows with a calf inside of them that had turned the wrong way around. There is no way to get in there as with regular cattle and flip that calf around in the womb. I was asked to come out and get the job done. And I can tell you from experience, that this ain't gonna happen. All I can say to you is....stop making up stories from western movies.
notice I said proper placement.... you can even use a bb gun!...

just wait till bison puts head down into trough to take a drink.... shove gun up their arse and pull the trigger.... The will INHAAAAAAALE and Drown.....
Old 09-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
if the blood stop from going to the brain due to heart destruction or big vessel complete cut, no creature on earth can move a step even if you inject a ton of Adrenalin. Adrenalin work by activating the heart so if no heart to respond so ??

that is why in many hunting videos you see immediate animal drop, or how can you explain the immediate drop of the animal? as we all see in many animals.
Grab your own neck and squeeze, the blood stopped,,,did you fall over dead the very second you grapped your neck,,,,,, of course the animal can move after its heart is shot out and usually will do so if it knows your there. the brain does not die as soon as the blood stops flowing but soon after. an animal that is not alert when shot does not have its muscles tensed to jump and could drop right there, others may lose the heart and the brisket and shoulder muscles causing the front end to drop, deer, moose, etc are just like people and will react to extreme trauma differently, like was posted the only sure way to garrentee a instant drop is a spine or head shot due to loss of nerve control, but certainly does not mean they are dead, just cant move. Just so you know, not everything you see on TV or video is real!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-edmonton View Post
Seems possible anti/troll or someone writing a research paper to me!!
Yup. or maybe just the way different cultures share ideas.

Only I think I smell a Weasel. A high wild and free Weasel.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Grab your own neck and squeeze, the blood stopped,,,did you fall over dead the very second you grapped your neck,,,,,, of course the animal can move after its heart is shot out and usually will do so if it knows your there. the brain does not die as soon as the blood stops flowing but soon after. an animal that is not alert when shot does not have its muscles tensed to jump and could drop right there, others may lose the heart and the brisket and shoulder muscles causing the front end to drop, deer, moose, etc are just like people and will react to extreme trauma differently, like was posted the only sure way to garrentee a instant drop is a spine or head shot due to loss of nerve control, but certainly does not mean they are dead, just cant move. Just so you know, not everything you see on TV or video is real!!!
Odd that he would take utube videos as gospel but not the word of people he Knows are hunters don't you think.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Gone Hunting

I did a bit of research. Finding answer on the net as you know is not difficult at all and this guy seems to be getting most of his ideas off google.

So why is he asking here? And how is it that he missed these tid bits of information. It took me ten seconds to find them.

Quote:
While many believe the heart shot is almost instantly fatal, most experienced hunters will tell you that a heart-shot animal typically travels farther before collapsing than one that has been lung-shot.
Quote:
Often, an animal will not react immediately to a lung shot, causing some hunters to think they've missed
These sort of statements are all over the net and this guy is quoting utube as one of his sources. Yet he seems to have missed what it took me seconds to find. Why.

And did you catch his interaction with me. Misquoting, apparently misunderstanding and not directly answering anything I asked him.

Think about what he is saying. Does he really sound like someone who knows nothing about hunting? Someone who is getting all of his information from the net ?
Quote:
if the blood stop from going to the brain due to heart destruction or big vessel complete cut, no creature on earth can move a step even if you inject a ton of Adrenalin.
He sure knows a lot for someone who knows nothing.

Quote:
bullet mostly kills by the destructive pressure ring
Where do you find that on the internet. Try a search, it will turn up nothing that says that. What it does talk about is hydrostatic shock.

He had no problem coming up with terms like tension pneumothorax which no one uses but doesn't seem to know what to call hydrostatic shock ! Yet he knows that there is a shock ring as he puts it? How does that work.

Really !

He talks as if he has no experience, he asks question apparently to gain understanding and he says this.

Quote:
it is interesting to me to read about something I love and learn about it even if some see it not practical and useless. But I think it will make it richer experience.
What does he love, hunting he has never experienced, or is it death he loves ?

What richer experience ? Hunting he has never experienced, or death.
Death from a bullet, what is he killing ?

Lets face facts, he may be a beginning hunter but if so why not say so.
He may be a scientist, but why hide that.

Why not answer cat's question and why dispute most of what we tell him.
And how is it that his syntax is near perfect but his grammer comes and goes like smoke on a breeze.

Can you honestly say you think he is what he wants us to believe he is ?
Has he ever said what he does for a living, has he ever said where he lives or even given a hint, aside from mangling his sentences ?

Think about it, everything about him is suggested, not stated. Why ?

I'll tell you why. It's because statements can be proven wrong, suggestions can not, because they can always be said to be misunderstandings.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
notice I said proper placement.... you can even use a bb gun!...

just wait till bison puts head down into trough to take a drink.... shove gun up their arse and pull the trigger.... The will INHAAAAAAALE and Drown.....
yeah, OK.....whatever you say man.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Banned

In closing, I will continue to do what has worked for me for many years. And if I need advise, I'll consult the likes of VCMM or Amosfella as they are 2 guys that I know personally and seen both of them with blood on their boots instead of bullcrap. Heck, I've even seen Paul walk into a retail store and take his boots off outside as to not soil the floor. Speaks a lot of a good man to me.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:07 PM

T-bird,

You're a sex ed. teacher's worst nightmare.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep dog View Post
T-bird,

You're a sex ed. teacher's worst nightmare.
That just made my day. Now to clean pop off of keyboard and screen. LMAO

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 09-02-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
In closing, I will continue to do what has worked for me for many years. And if I need advise, I'll consult the likes of VCMM or Amosfella as they are 2 guys that I know personally and seen both of them with blood on their boots instead of bullcrap. Heck, I've even seen Paul walk into a retail store and take his boots off outside as to not soil the floor. Speaks a lot of a good man to me.
I'd sooner take vcmm's word over mine... He's probably forgotten a lot more than I know...
Old 09-02-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
yeah, OK.....whatever you say man.
Holy cow, call the proctologist for a pickle removal!.... STAT!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Holy cow, call the proctologist for a pickle removal!.... STAT!
I had no idea that you were trying to be a comedian. I just replied to your post taking you seriously. My bad, sorry.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 PM

To the OP

You're some kind of a nerd I can tell. I am one to and I can be a book worm at times as well. Knowledge is such a beautiful thing, I'm sure we all agree on that.

Then comes what a wise man once told me in a tavern one night: "Kid, shut up and listen"

To come back to the topic at hand, I think there is quite an encyclopedia of knowledge and experience to learn from in here. You seem to want to learn but you are not listening. Such a waste.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I had no idea that you were trying to be a comedian. I just replied to your post taking you seriously. My bad, sorry.

10000 comedians out of work and i am trying to be one!