Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2016, 04:53 PM

Can't say it was a good year. This team is in trouble next year if they don't sign EE and an stud outfielder. Too much offense for them to lay an egg like this.
That's the trouble with sports. If you don't win the last game of the season it's pointless. I'll be personally very glad when big mouth Bautista is gone. He disrespected that rookie starting pitcher today and now gets to eat his words. I sure hope they don't sign him!
They had a decent run but we all expected more.
Time to get in the bush and hunt something... haha
Old 10-19-2016, 04:56 PM

Silver lining: our pitching depth has been incredible and that core is staying together next year minus the unpredictable Dickey (imagine Noah S in this rotation!)
Travis healthy next year is a bonus. Saunders needs to move on in free agency.
Might need 2 stud outfielders. Joey Votto perhaps?!
Sigh
Old 10-19-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Silver lining: our pitching depth has been incredible and that core is staying together next year minus the unpredictable Dickey (imagine Noah S in this rotation!)
Travis healthy next year is a bonus. Saunders needs to move on in free agency.
Might need 2 stud outfielders. Joey Votto perhaps?!
Sigh
Hell no you stay away from Votto! He is right where he belongs!
Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Hell no you stay away from Votto! He is right where he belongs!
You're right. For the next two years maybe. But that contract stinks!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:50 PM

The jays will have practically the same rotation next year minus Dickey. Biagini or Lariano can possibly take his spot depending on if they sign a free agent or not. Hopefully can sign Edwin but I wouldn't count on it. Hopefully the bats that replace Edwin and Bautista are guys that can hit doubles and for avg, play small ball and get on base. I liked what I seen out of Benoit. Another stud reliever would be ideal for the 8th inning. Jays are still going to be a competitive team next year on pitching alone, top notch defence and with the right tweak here and there who knows.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:15 PM

It seems like the year is over ..as in turn the calendar another one .... what's this NHL stuff everyone is talking about ......
Old 10-19-2016, 09:42 PM

Saunders was an all star during the first half of the season and held the Jay's second highest batting average during post season (excluding Navarro's 1/1). I hope he's back next year.

Cleveland's starters looked hittable but kept everything away. I'm not sure why the Jays didn't go the other way more often instead of trying to pull outside pitches. Looks pretty easy from my living room .

Gerry Burnie
Old 10-19-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
It seems like the year is over ..as in turn the calendar another one .... what's this NHL stuff everyone is talking about ......
Blow your mind boring product played on the perimeter with tight defensive systems. Used to be a big fan. Not finding it entertaining these days...
Old 10-19-2016, 09:55 PM

I can't believe .... or sleep .. when does the next season start ..GJG.. might as well see the Tribe go all the way now ....
Old 10-19-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Saunders was an all star during the first half of the season and held the Jay's second highest batting average during post season (excluding Navarro's 1/1). I hope he's back next year.

Cleveland's starters looked hittable but kept everything away. I'm not sure why the Jays didn't go the other way more often instead of trying to pull outside pitches. Looks pretty easy from my living room .
you're right ... what happened to the jays bats .... mind you inconsistent all season ... what can we expect in Oct .. something wrong in the locker room me thinks ...
Old 10-20-2016, 10:26 AM

Uggg, what a bad series. I thought things MAY be lining up for the impossible comeback (rookie pitcher then Cle pitchers coming back on short rest, etc), but the bats just couldn't get anything going. Merritt really took it to the Jays and once CLE got into their bullpen, you knew the Jays were going to be in tough. Can't win games if you can't score runs.

Another good year. Another fun year. Looking forward to seeing what happens this off season!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
you're right ... what happened to the jays bats .... mind you inconsistent all season ... what can we expect in Oct .. something wrong in the locker room me thinks ...
You might be right. Turning the page on Joey Bats will be a good start
Old 10-20-2016, 02:41 PM

It's just a case of too much tire pumping. And the macho of squeaky voice Bautista. We need these guys back playing small ball!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
You might be right. Turning the page on Joey Bats will be a good start
X2 on that, his best days are behind him and his arrogance to me seems like a cancer in the locker room to.. Maybe the playoffs were a coming out party for Ezequiel Carrera..??? If he could put up his playoff type numbers and be an everyday player in the regular season and add a left handed batting right fielder to the lineup would be a huge ++. Let some other team, (probably Boston or New York) pay the ridiculous overpriced salary Buatista thinks he'll be worth...
Old 10-20-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump thumper View Post
X2 on that, his best days are behind him and his arrogance to me seems like a cancer in the locker room to.. Maybe the playoffs were a coming out party for Ezequiel Carrera..??? If he could put up his playoff type numbers and be an everyday player in the regular season and add a left handed batting right fielder to the lineup would be a huge ++. Let some other team, (probably Boston or New York) pay the ridiculous overpriced salary Buatista thinks he'll be worth...
Yep. I wouldn't even tender him a qualifying offer in case he signs it. I wuold rather lose out on the draft pick compensation then have him sign.