Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 12:00 PM

One of the big trouble spots for the Flames is being exposed in
This series. Do not have a good rushing defenseman , and also one with a decent shot. Where are Giordano or Brodie, when you need them.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
Where are Giordano or Brodie, when you need them.

In Toronto.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Natalie Gauvreau. Google is your friend.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:49 PM

Tell me more Randy.....

Definitely more interesting than how the Flames have been playing. Marchand almost has more points than the entire team combined!
Old 05-08-2022, 09:20 PM

She was wearing a ring, my wife says......

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-08-2022, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
She was wearing a ring, my wife says......
Where???
Old 05-08-2022, 10:10 PM

Meanwhile on the Flames bench

Old 05-09-2022, 06:39 PM

A must win tonight. Will see if Sutter made any changes.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:53 PM

Let's go flames

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 05-09-2022, 09:43 PM
Banned

......can't breath! this one is important. doesn't one of these games come easy?
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
......can't breath! this one is important. doesn't one of these games come easy?
Don’t worry. I think the refs were informed before the game that all series go to 2-2.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 PM

Johnny goes 5 hole and finally scores on penalty shot after 328 attempts!!! Finally! 2-0

How did Oettinger not see it coming, Johnny has been trying that since he was in grade school?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-09-2022, 10:03 PM

I’ve seen 2 pretty weak calls against the flames tonight, but they did get away with 2 trips.

Almost 50 shots with 10 mins to go! Stars goalie is gonna have a career ahead of him if he can keep playing like this.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:06 PM

A few weak calls tonight. Damn Zebras.

But Lindholm gets one!! 3-0!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-09-2022, 10:08 PM

That's better. 50 shots with little to show for would get into their head a little. Now they can see hustle pays dividends.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:17 PM

Need one for insurance here, boys!

Old 05-09-2022, 10:26 PM

That was some excitement at the end, but 4-1 with the empty net works.

Because I was not up for Oilers fans chirping.

That was a pile of shots the Flames had tonight. Maybe if they got more traffic in front, more would end up in the net.

But, good win.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:44 PM

Oilersnation on tiktok was chirping yesterday and now he looks like a fool. I guess that’s what you are if you support the Oilers anyways!
Old 05-09-2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Oilersnation on tiktok was chirping yesterday and now he looks like a fool. I guess that’s what you are if you support the Oilers anyways!
No. Let's not go there. Oilers have had some great games, and it looks totally different then the Flames vs Stars series.

It's all tied up, best of 3 for both AB teams. I could do without the chirping in general.

Playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey. I want to see the best teams go ahead. I think Flames are the better team, and so are the Oilers in their series. But it isn't done till they win 4.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:24 PM

Well that was a much better game, just keep that up and we will be fine. Top line getting it done, some bumping and grinding.
Find it funny Benn won't fight Looch, then goes after Backlund. Also another slew foot from that guy, Suban is a fan I'm sure.
So best of 3 with home ice advantage, Play like we did tonight and we are good.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
No. Let's not go there. Oilers have had some great games, and it looks totally different then the Flames vs Stars series.

It's all tied up, best of 3 for both AB teams. I could do without the chirping in general.

Playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey. I want to see the best teams go ahead. I think Flames are the better team, and so are the Oilers in their series. But it isn't done till they win 4.
Just joking, i know some guys take it to heart.

I’d love to see a battle of AB in the second round. I just don’t think I could stand the oilers beating the flames though
Old 05-10-2022, 04:51 AM

All the series except for 2 are tied @ 2 - 2 and the teams are full credit for their wins, Pittsburg has a strangle hold on the rangers but Shesterkin has crapped the bed the last 2 games, that could all change so it's not over yet.

Colorado is home and cooling out which doesn't bode well for the west, they and hoping the rest of the west goes 7 and beats the crap out of each other while they rest and heal their bruises, and the other 6 series can go either way as there really doesn't appear to be a dominant team in any of them.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Watching the game the other night I was wondering why it was taking so long for someone else to comment on that.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:12 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Watching the game the other night I was wondering why it was taking so long for someone else to comment on that.
I did....wife said meh

Lucic ensured Benn was better off to behave, lots of shots and Markstrome stayed strong.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-10-2022, 07:26 AM
Banned

50+ shots. A 5 on 3 goal. A penalty shot goal and an empty net goal. I don’t know if Markstrom can shut out the Stars for 2 more games.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:31 AM

Save some crying towels for the Oilers fans boys, they are going to need them by. or even before, the weekend.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
50+ shots. A 5 on 3 goal. A penalty shot goal and an empty net goal. I don’t know if Markstrom can shut out the Stars for 2 more games.
I don't think he'll need to.

As the game went on everyone started looking looser out there and not thinking/trying to do too much, or anything extra.

It looked to me like they got a few bounces, found their confidence again, and started looking like the team that should have swept Dallas by now. Credit to Oettinger, he's played very well. But until last night we hadn't made life hard enough for him.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
There was an even strength goal as well. I sort of look at it the other way. Can Ottinger continue to stand on his head for the remainder of the series? Especially if the Flames continue to pour it on?
Old 05-10-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Just joking, i know some guys take it to heart.

I’d love to see a battle of AB in the second round. I just don’t think I could stand the oilers beating the flames though
Oh it's all good, chirping is gonna happen, and there is a big difference between good natured ribbing and getting ignorant.

I'm just a superstitious Flames fan. I can't bring myself to crow too much about a Flames win, or an Oilers loss, because the tables can turn so quickly and then you get to suck on the bitter dregs while they chirp you back...

I just want the Flames to win this series. So much. They have been the better team by every metric, other then score and wins. That's tied. And that's all that matters. Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

So, I'm keeping my chin down and fingers crossed. Flames not only *can* do it, but they *should* do it.

Then round two....and yeah, I don't think I could stand them losing to the Oilers either. But, that's why they make whisky.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:06 AM

Yikes. I breathed a sigh of relief. I’d rather flames and oiler both swept their respective series however looks like it’s going to be a nail biter.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Closed Thread