Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2022, 12:57 PM

True inspiration guys. Made a grown man tear up at work. Healing prayers to both of you

Dodger.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:38 PM

Having been through a life changing event myself earlier this year, I can't stress enough that the mental health is harder than the physical healing.

Take care, make sure you're honest with yourself with how you are feeling, and get help if needed.

Best wishes on the treatment and your recovery. Sounds like you're off to a great start!
Old 11-02-2022, 05:41 PM

What a story!

Telegods, go hunt as you wish and can as long as you can, enjoy and cherish the family, and be continue with your positive attitude...which from what I have seen you are doing view the circumstances you are facing.

God...don't know what else to say....
Old 11-25-2022, 03:42 PM

Default Fall Harvest Success! Nov 25

As it turned out I was not able to get out deer hunting as I had hoped due to some new leg pains. Seems my chemotherapy is finally catching up to me and some side effects slowed me down.
However I was at the CCI last week and did have a successful fall harvest of stem cells. They are now in storage waiting for my return to Edmonton on Dec 13. On the 14th I get some super strong chemotherapy and on the 15th I get my stem cells back. I had a CVAD installed on my birthday and it was used for the harvest and will be used for the chemo and transplant. I have it for 2 months.
So now I rest and exercise to be as fit as I can and I was asked to keep away from crowds to avoid getting sick. Keeping the faith but I admit it has been difficult. Thanks to all who offer their support.

Pic 1 stem cell harvesting
Pic 2 the first of my stem cells
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5470.jpg (42.0 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5471.jpg (31.3 KB, 156 views)

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 11-25-2022, 05:07 PM

I can understand you being tired of the rigamarole for sure. But what to do? Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I sure wish you the best, tough, tough sledding.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Edmund Burke
Old 11-25-2022, 05:42 PM

Great to hear the successful harvest of stem cells!
Sorry to hear the nov deer season did not go the way you had hoped for as you had bigger mountains to climb!

All the best to you in the much stronger upcoming treatments and keep pounding away, sounds like you're crushing it so far! 💯
Old 11-25-2022, 06:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Many have encouraged you to fight on. I echo that.
I have seen in person how refusing to accept defeat can go a long way towards delaying or even reversing the progression of a terminal condition.

I've seen it, not once, but three times in people close to me.
I have also seen the reverse hasten ones demise.

So I stand with those who say, fight on brother. We are praying for you.

One last thing, there is magic in singing. Not listening to although that helps, the real power is in the act of singing. Upbeat songs of course.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-25-2022, 06:37 PM

Keep up the good fight brother. God bless the CCI.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:04 PM

This is the first I've seen this thread. May you recover quickly and may the love of god be with you. I will also pray for your recovery and yet another year of fishing and hunting for you and your family.
I'm happy you are fighting the good fight. And like others have said, reach out if you need anything.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:04 AM

I'm just wondering how it's going teledogs. Is there any improvement? Will you be home at Christmas time? I sure hope you're doing better. I've been thinking about you and your difficulties.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:50 AM

Default December 19

Thanks for the continued support.

I am currently in the CCI and had my stem cell transplant and melphalan chemotherapy last week. It is a real kicker! I will get worse before I get better. This week should be the hardest. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever. I have already lost 5kg and my energy is very low. All part of the process! I will be hospitalized for a few weeks yet and then 6 months to a year of recovery. I tried to prepare for this but I am finding harder that I could ever imagined. Trying to keep the faith!

Carl

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-19-2022, 10:53 AM
AO Sponsor

Keep at it sir! You do what you can do...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-19-2022, 11:01 AM

Hang in there teledogs.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Keep at it teledogs! You got an entire community here rooting for you!
AS tirebob said, were all rooting for your speedy recovery. You made it this far, keep going. Wishing you the best Christmas possible.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:28 PM

Keep the faith Teledogs.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:32 PM

You can conquer this Teledogs. Keep the faith and the good fight!

BW
Old 12-19-2022, 05:53 PM

best wishes teledogs, stay positive!!
Old 12-19-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Thanks for the continued support.

I am currently in the CCI and had my stem cell transplant and melphalan chemotherapy last week. It is a real kicker! I will get worse before I get better. This week should be the hardest. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever. I have already lost 5kg and my energy is very low. All part of the process! I will be hospitalized for a few weeks yet and then 6 months to a year of recovery. I tried to prepare for this but I am finding harder that I could ever imagined. Trying to keep the faith!

Carl
Medical marijuana prescribed ? Worked very well for a close friend. Best of luck!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Edmund Burke
Old 12-19-2022, 09:49 PM

My father was given a stem cell transplant for his mantle cell lymphoma, as a test subject back in 2008, when he passed away several years later, he passed cancer free, dad 1- cancer 0! F@&/: cancer!
Old 12-20-2022, 09:50 AM

All the best and wishing you a speedy recovery Carl.

Merry Christmas to you and the gang. Let me know if you ever need help with anything..

Dave
Old 01-02-2023, 08:33 AM

Default January 2

Happy New Year AO!
As always thank you to all for the continued support!
The transplant went well and I was actually released early as my side effects were minimal. I got home December 31. So now I just have to rest and heal.
My wife has been amazing through all of this but on our way home she was complaining of have a sore right side and yesterday it was no better so off to the hospital she went. To make a long story short she has surgery this morning at 9am to have her gallbladder removed. So looks like 2 patients in the house. Fortunately we have great friends to help get us through this.
God bless

Old 01-02-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Happy New Year AO!
The transplant went well and I was actually released early as my side effects were minimal. I got home December 31. So now I just have to rest and heal.
My wife has been amazing through all of this but on our way home she was complaining of have a sore right side and yesterday it was no better so off to the hospital she went. To make a long story short she has surgery this morning at 9am to have her gallbladder removed. So looks like 2 patients in the house. Fortunately we have great friends to help get us through this.
God bless
my gosh, when it rains it pours! best wishes for a complete recovery for both of you.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:04 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Happy New Year AO!
God bless
Wish the best for you and yours, rest and recover, spring is around the corner.

Usually when we are recovering from surgery etc I am the bigger baby, women are just tuff

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-02-2023, 09:39 AM

Well, I'm happy to hear you are on the mend Teledogs. Great news. And now it's your wife's turn. I hope for the best for her as well and I'm sure it will work out fine when this is finally finished. Talk about testing your patients. No pun intended.
Keep us posted on yours and her recovery.
Thanks for the update.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:46 AM

Keep at it Teledogs!
This thread reminds me of Savage Ken years ago, the man would not give in.....
Cat0
Old 01-02-2023, 09:49 AM

Great that you are home! And unfortunate to hear about your wife. Speedy recovery to both!...
Old 01-03-2023, 08:38 PM

Hope the bumps in the road get smaller in '23 Teledogs!

Old 01-03-2023, 11:11 PM

Very sorry to hear this

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 01-03-2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Happy New Year AO!
God bless
You are doing awesome. Funny how we both deal with cancer and both our wives had gall bladders removed in the middle of it all.

Love the positive updates. Keep it up!
Old 01-04-2023, 12:54 AM

Wishing you all the best, Carl! You got this!

Tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk