Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Most all the hockey world would disagree with you....

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...box=1578895590
And his coach wouldn't agree with you. It was a massive mistake you know, he knows it and everyone in that locker room knows. Take number, don't be selfish. If you cant be disciplined in a important regular season game how can you do int in the playoffs? The lines are set up so he plays with Mcdavid. His actions took him away from mcdcvid for 14 min. 25% of the game. I haven't seen what he got for a suspension yet. From a Flames fan POV I want him suspended all the way till the next time we meet. From a Hockey Fan POV. It shouldn't even have been a hearing but times have changed.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Game time in 1.5 hours....

Like a few early games once in awhile...Us old guys can stay up long enough to watch a whole game
Doesn't it start in 1/2 hour?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
I think you're right...Damn Wikipedia
Old 01-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
It is not about the hits.

I purposely checked the Pacific roster today to see if Doughty was going. Would have been neat to see a fight on the Pacific bench... that would have definitely got the fans going.
What about the unwritten rule about team bonding?

I'm guessing all-star games don't apply

Is there more about the German's comments somewhere? I couldn't pick up on his reasons from what I read.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Doesn't it start in 1/2 hour?
oops...Damn clock is wrong...
Old 01-13-2020, 05:09 PM

Take it easy, the Habs have the injury bug. Don’t go running up the score, Grapes would be sour.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Maybe Lucic did go after McDavid and nobody noticed
WOW you truly think if this happened, we would have seen it a million times by now?? I was at the game and I assure you nobody went after McDavid.
On an icing call when players were skating down the ice, Looch and Kass were having words, till coach pulled Kass off the ice. Could have been swapping old times or could have been setting up next game, as the rules of this "code" goes.

I do wish we could turn back time and have Kassian blow up Tkachuck 3 times and see reactions. I guessing he would he labeled a hero, but we will never know.

Kassian suspended 2 games. Back just in time for the next BOA.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 05:19 PM

Two games for Kassian. Let the sniveling begin....

Back in time to play Flames. Hope his bum doesn't still hurt.

What kind of a $ hit is two games for that plug?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 01-13-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
WOW you truly think if this happened, we would have seen it a million times by now?? I was at the game and I assure you nobody went after McDavid.
On an icing call when players were skating down the ice, Looch and Kass were having words, till coach pulled Kass off the ice. Could have been swapping old times or could have been setting up next game, as the rules of this "code" goes.

I do wish we could turn back time and have Kassian blow up Tkachuck 3 times and see reactions. I guessing he would he labeled a hero, but we will never know.

Kassian suspended 2 games. Back just in time for the next BOA.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Oilers fans hate Thachuk and Flames fans detest Kassian.

Thachuk is effect and I think in the 1st month of season I said he was a Hart candidate, right up there with Draisaitl

But if the hate glasses are removed you would be hard press to find a more productive tough guy than Kassian. Lucic is a dying breed. There is hardly a player left in his weight class and he has 2 fight this year and season is half over. Kassian is more of middle weight with lots of guys in that weight class. I believe Rinaldo will be answering the bell on the 29th on Thachuks behalf. Lucic is funny when it comes to ex-teammates. When he played against LA the couple years he was with the Oilers it was like he was scared to hurt anyone. The league is too competitive to have a roster spot occupied by a non productive tough guy. Nurse is our other guy that will step up and against he is a productive asset. If all players adopted Thachuk theory on being accountable then Lucic would have absolutely zero value as no one would need to worry about fighting Lucic.

Here is video from your favorite ex-flame. If you can't stomach the whole thing, go to 1:21 in the video. This is the majority concensus on the matter outside of Calgary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1UytS_BqM
Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Take it easy, the Habs have the injury bug. Don’t go running up the score, Grapes would be sour.
No fear of that apparently!
Old 01-13-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Thachuk is effect and I think in the 1st month of season I said he was a Hart candidate, right up there with Draisaitl

But if the hate glasses are removed you would be hard press to find a more productive tough guy than Kassian. Lucic is a dying breed. There is hardly a player left in his weight class and he has 2 fight this year and season is half over. Kassian is more of middle weight with lots of guys in that weight class. I believe Rinaldo will be answering the bell on the 29th on Thachuks behalf. Lucic is funny when it comes to ex-teammates. When he played against LA the couple years he was with the Oilers it was like he was scared to hurt anyone. The league is too competitive to have a roster spot occupied by a non productive tough guy. Nurse is our other guy that will step up and against he is a productive asset. If all players adopted Thachuk theory on being accountable then Lucic would have absolutely zero value as no one would need to worry about fighting Lucic.

Here is video from your favorite ex-flame. If you can't stomach the whole thing, go to 1:21 in the video. This is the majority concensus on the matter outside of Calgary.

I have to agree as a long time Hockey fan and grew up playing high tier( Attended 2 Medicine Hat Tigers camps), that running someone 12 ft away has nothing to do with the play and is just a play that you do not do....Yes, it was legal, and I still am a Tkachuk fan....But if he wants the "C", he needs to be more respectable to earn it.....He is no Giaradano or Iginla and he needs to step up as an adult....Just my Opinion....
Old 01-13-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
This is the majority concensus on the matter outside Calgary.
and TSN, Hockey News, League, Oilers Coach, etc.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Just like Draisaitl's hit. lol

You need to get new glasses.
Just curious if you would like to borrow my glasses?? Apparently not so broken.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Agree with you here, I just mentioned Looch as they were the ones talking the other night.. Will check out the video here later tonight.

With two games, Kass back just in time for the next BOA. With standings being so tight, I would hope both sides play smart but things are heated up, you never know.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:37 PM

Shots 31-13?

Not a great outing but thanks to Rittich......

Price decides to play his game tonight...LOL...He is in my draft this season and has been a huge dissapointment
Old 01-13-2020, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hey, he's entitled to his opinion. Everything he said he should stand up there and say about Kassian as that guys youtube resume is text book for leaving your feet and targeting the head. Bet he won't though so already you've got bias in what he says and it's hard to take it seriously.

He did let the "targeting the head" line slip as though that's actually what happened. Funny how the refs and the league missed that. If it actually happened Chucky's suspension would be longer than Kassians. Again it's a stretch to take what he says without a grain of salt and know there's a lot of teammate bias in it. Take it for what it's worth I guess.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
and TSN, Hockey News, League, Oilers Coach, etc.
Well except for all them, c'mon now, quit cherry picking
Old 01-13-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
And his coach wouldn't agree with you. It was a massive mistake you know, he knows it and everyone in that locker room knows. Take number, don't be selfish. If you cant be disciplined in a important regular season game how can you do int in the playoffs? The lines are set up so he plays with Mcdavid. His actions took him away from mcdcvid for 14 min. 25% of the game. I haven't seen what he got for a suspension yet. From a Flames fan POV I want him suspended all the way till the next time we meet. From a Hockey Fan POV. It shouldn't even have been a hearing but times have changed.
I will partially agree and say it became a mistake when Thachuk refused to fight. If Thachuk actually fights, then maybe Kassian gets the extra 2 for instigating or they rule the hit a charge and even it up. But there would not have a been a 4 minute advantage or a 10 minute misconduct. If that entire situation was replayed with any other players in the league, 99.9% of fans on either side would have expected a fight.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Hey, he's entitled to his opinion. Everything he said he should stand up there and say about Kassian as that guys youtube resume is text book for leaving your feet and targeting the head. Bet he won't though so already you've got bias in what he says and it's hard to take it seriously.

He did let the "targeting the head" line slip as though that's actually what happened. Funny how the refs and the league missed that. If it actually happened Chucky's suspension would be longer than Kassians. Again it's a stretch to take what he says without a grain of salt and know there's a lot of teammate bias in it. Take it for what it's worth I guess.
No one is crying or wailing about the hit, even though the 1st one could have have been considered head contact; everyone is disgusted that Thachuk turtled. And then most are also baffled as to why no one came to his aide. Lindholm was the closest and I think he was actually shocked at the level of violence and the man handling taking place. If you watch the video he went to move in and then actually backed off.

Neal's point was that if you decide to make hits like that, then you need to 1. know who you are hitting 2. be prepared for a response 3. don't be surprised when the response comes, and finally 4. man up.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

What kind of a $ hit is two games for that plug?
There are 690 nhl players that would gladly donate to a go fund me for Kass to make up for lost wages for rag-dolling turtleboy like that
Thinking there might be 22 additional anonymous donations on top of that.

I'd even contribute just for the joy it brought to so many.
For 2 guys in the same weight class, chuckie seems to be lacking a bit of strength and balance
Old 01-13-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Neal's point was that if you decide to make hits like that, then you need to 1. know who you are hitting 2. be prepared for a response 3. don't be surprised when the response comes, and finally 4. man up.
I think everyone in the league knows Kass is a giant man baby who can dish a hit but can't take one, and if hit, will flip out and take massive penalties, hurting his team, likely losing the game on the ensuing power play. Thats why Chucky hit him.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:09 PM

I'm not disgusted that Tkuchuk 'turtled', I think it's funny he sucked Kassian in after laying him out twice. He just let that twitchy psycho Kassian lose his mind, throw lots of punches but couldn't make him drop his mouth guard, let him take a double minor and misconduct, help on the pp to get the game winner, and laugh because Kassian gets a two game suspension for being a crybaby....and then listen to all the Oilers fans cry some more...He is playing chess, while Kassian is still trying to tie his skates without his mom's help.

It's hilarious how much he is in all your heads. I don't think he cares if you call him a turtle. I sure don't. It was an important game, and that situation helped win it. The fact that Kassian is a predatory psycho himself just makes it better.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-13-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I think everyone in the league knows Kass is a giant man baby who can dish a hit but can't take one, and if hit, will flip out and take massive penalties, hurting his team, likely losing the game on the ensuing power play. Thats why Chucky hit him.
Kassian ever back down (see turtle) from answering the bell after making a controversial hit?
I'll be waiting for your answer
Old 01-13-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
There are 690 nhl players that would gladly donate to a go fund me for Kass to make up for lost wages for rag-dolling turtleboy like that
Don't think it's that easy to get into most NHL players heads, part of being a professional.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
No one is crying or wailing about the hit, even though the 1st one could have have been considered head contact;
Not considered a head hit by the refs and league office. The only considerations that really matter afterall, but whatever.

Quote:
everyone is disgusted that Thachuk turtled. And then most are also baffled as to why no one came to his aide. Lindholm was the closest and I think he was actually shocked at the level of violence and the man handling taking place. If you watch the video he went to move in and then actually backed off.
A whole lot of projection and imagination going on here. How about they showed restraint and didn't want to risk being third man in and get tossed. Kinda kept their cool and took the powerplay and the chance to win the game instead. Maybe they also know Chucky's a big boy and can handle it the way he's sees fit

But that would be a whole lot of projection and imagination on my part, and that just ain't right.

Quote:
No one is crying or wailing about the hit, even though the 1st one could have have been considered head contact; everyone is disgusted that Thachuk turtled. And then most are also baffled as to why no one came to his aide. Lindholm was the closest and I think he was actually shocked at the level of violence and the man handling taking place. If you watch the video he went to move in and then actually backed off.

Actually lots of former nhl players are speaking up about how the hits themselves weren’t dirty, but the play in which they happened are dirty.
A winger leaving his check (the point) to take advantage of a vulnerable player who’s already in midst of battling another player down low is dirty.

It’s easy for people to say “kassian should have taken a #, and got him back later” but when you’re considered one of the tougher guys in the league and you get hit like that not once but twice you’re Gona be embarrassed. With kassian a history of his wires crossing, I’d consider tkachuk lucky to not be seriously injured after that snap show.

Quote:
Kassian ever back down (see turtle) from answering the bell after making a controversial hit?
Don't know, don't really care, wasn't posting about that at all.

That was a terrible give away.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure about that, but I am sure he's lost his feces and cost his team an important win with his antics. Happened just recently if I recall correctly.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:

I'd even contribute just for the joy it brought to so many.
For 2 guys in the same weight class, chuckie seems to be lacking a bit of strength and balance
You think there are 690 players who admire Kassian, with his record? Long shot at best there. Only his fans want to contribute, to show butt hurt solidarity. Maybe y'all could start a gofundme page and get him some anger management counciling. Or a big soother to suck on.

The butt hurt is precious. So hilarious.