Quote:
Originally Posted by DCse7en View Post
Right, glad you have seen the light.
What light?? I have said the same thing since my first post on the topic
Old 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can get your stand back after I leave...
You'll be leaving the seat within minutes of my arrival
Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post

I sit two klicks away and you two are kicking up a storm, booner walks by my stand...thanks guys

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-26-2015, 12:42 PM

I'm thinking we may be within a few months of hearing about assault charges being filed.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

I sit two klicks away and you two are kicking up a storm, booner walks by my stand...thanks guys
LOL the irony
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
A couple hundred yards was an example, not a predetermined exact number of yards away. And just because some guy in your circle doesn't use them means sweet F.A. Also, I have never heard either term used on television because there is no need to abrehiviate terms when using oral communication.
My circle is quite large....Here is the thing though, that you fail to see...So many people feel that if they build a stand, fort, whatever you want to call it, then that is THEIR spot, when it is not. Follow along here for a minute, say you build a wooden stand that has been left for a couple of years, and you notice that the trail to the spot is occupied by a vehicle so you decide to hunt elsewhere because someone has beaten you to the spot. You are not going to know that they are even in your fort, because you shouldn't even go in there. So who cares if someone is sitting there if you aren't, someone might as well use it! And even if you do go in there and someone is sitting in it, they got there first, so you should be the one to leave. Again, you aren't going to be sitting in it, so someone might as well us it. Like I said before, I have had stands (store bought metal type not to be confused with the wooden tree fort type) set up on private land with permission, and still had them destroyed, so I don't believe people when they say that they would do one thing when my experience has taught me otherwise. Nowadays, I take my stand with me when I leave every time. It is just easier that way! Less stress...More quality time in the bush!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShore View Post
I'm thinking we may be within a few months of hearing about assault charges being filed.
More like murder charges...I am actually concerned that this deerguy might just shoot some poor sucker if he finds them in his fort. Then attempt to claim justifiable homicide under castle doctrine. Me, I think I am safe from the wrath of the deerguy though...I don't hunt in 330.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Banned

I don't ever recall saying people can't use a wooden stand if I am not there. I can't get mad about something that I don't know about. I personally would not use someone's store bought stand as it is not mine. That was the way I was raised, leave well enough alone and if it's not yours don't touch it.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I don't ever recall saying people can't use a wooden stand if I am not there. I can't get mad about something that I don't know about. I personally would not use someone's store bought stand as it is not mine. That was the way I was raised, leave well enough alone and if it's not yours don't touch it.
I wouldn't either...the op clearly states wooden permanent stands on crown land....but I wouldn't leave just because I saw a vacant stand there.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
More like murder charges...I am actually concerned that this deerguy might just shoot some poor sucker if he finds them in his fort. Then attempt to claim justifiable homicide under castle doctrine. Me, I think I am safe from the wrath of the deerguy though...I don't hunt in 330.
Not at all. If someone brings a chainsaw to try to cut me down out of a tree because I came to use my stand, i feel like I would have an unfortunate but justifiable case to use self defence lol
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that you would intentionally interfere with his lawful hunt?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Are you saying that you would intentionally interfere with his lawful hunt?
I am saying I am coming to use my stand.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 PM

I am confused. I was always taught it was illegal to build a permanent structure on crown land. Does a fort style tree stand not fall under this rule? So if I wanted to build a cabin all I have to do is lift it off the ground? I am honestly asking as everything I find says it is illegal.

As for ethics, if someone builds a permanent blind it is first come, first serve. How is a person to know if you are even going to be there that day? Just leave it in as good, if not better, than you found it. If it is the portable metal frame type stands then that is private property and should be left alone, but it should be removed at the end of every season.

The first come, first serve rule on permanent blinds has guided duck hunters from the times of my grandfather's grandfather (at least where I grew up) . It is a shame that it has not carried over to deer.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
I am confused. I was always taught it was illegal to build a permanent structure on crown land. Does a fort style tree stand not fall under this rule? So if I wanted to build a cabin all I have to do is lift it off the ground? I am honestly asking as everything I find says it is illegal.

As for ethics, if someone builds a permanent blind it is first come, first serve. How is a person to know if you are even going to be there that day? Just leave it in as good, if not better, than you found it. If it is the portable metal frame type stands then that is private property and should be left alone, but it should be removed at the end of every season.

The first come, first serve rule on permanent blinds has guided duck hunters from the times of my grandfather's grandfather (at least where I grew up) . It is a shame that it has not carried over to deer.
Where did you find this law?
Old 08-26-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post

It has for most.....the newer generation of hunters though feel entitled, which is wrong....
Old 08-26-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You don't get it still hey? If someone beats you there, you don't go in there....
Old 08-26-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
But if you interfere with his legal hunt, you would be committing an offense.

In any case, it would be entertaining to watch you trying to get someone out of a tree stand.

Quote:
You don't get it still hey? If someone beats you there, you don't go in there...
Obviously he doesn't get it. He thinks that because his tree stand is there, that gives him some kind of special privilege to hunt there, to the point of interfering with someone else's legal hunt.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
it is illegal to interfere with some ones lawful hunt which is stated in the regs
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 08-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:

In any case, it would be entertaining to watch you trying to get someone out of a tree stand.
Yeah I asked that question but didn't get an answer. He seems to think that all other hunters are whimps I guess.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
But if you interfere with his legal hunt, you would be committing an offense.

Obviously he doesn't get it. He thinks that because his tree stand is there, that gives him some kind of special privilege to hunt there, to the point of interfering with someone else's legal hunt.
It is my right to hunt in my stand. It's not a special privilege to hunt in a stand that I bought the materials for and hauled out there.

If I am going to my stand i am not interfering in anything

And how would you prevent me for getting you out of my stand? What legal ground do you have to prevent me from accessing my property?

Some of you don't get it. If you had zero involvement in getting the stand erected into a tree you have no ground to stand on when it comes to its use. If you like the area put your own stand there. Then it is truly a race to " see who gets there earlier"
Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Yeah I asked that question but didn't get an answer. He seems to think that all other hunters are whimps I guess.
What question did you ask?
Old 08-26-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
It is my right to hunt in my stand. It's not a special privilege to hunt in a stand that I bought the materials for and hauled out there.

If I am going to my stand i am not interfering in anything

And how would you prevent me for getting you out of my stand? What legal ground do you have to prevent me from accessing my property?

Some of you don't get it. If you had zero involvement in getting the stand erected into a tree you have no ground to stand on when it comes to its use. If you like the area put your own stand there. Then it is truly a race to " see who gets there earlier"
We get it deerguy, you are tuff...big deal. You have no claim to the area, ethically if someone is already hunting there you should leave, regardless of whether he is in your stand or not. Like I said, I quit leaving stands in the bush because of this very reason. Was I upset when someone was there before me, a little, but what can ya do?

Last edited by DCse7en; 08-26-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
We get it deerguy, you are tuff...big deal. You have no claim to the area, ethically if someone is already hunting there you should leave, regardless of whether he is in your stand or not. Like I said, I quit leaving stands in the bush because of this very reason. Was I upset when someone was there before me, a little, but what can ya do?
I never said i was tough or that I had claim to an area. And in previous posts mentioned finding someone's stand so I did leave the area. At the end of the day I do have claim to my stand. I can show up and take it down when I choose or move it when I choose. Thats all there is to it
Old 08-26-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I never said i was tough or that I had claim to an area. And in previous posts mentioned finding someone's stand so I did leave the area. At the end of the day I do have claim to my stand. I can show up and take it down when I choose or move it when I choose. Thats all there is to it
Yes, you can take it down and move along....
Old 08-26-2015, 01:41 PM

Post The actual law....

Quote:
Where did you find this law?
From the PUBLIC LANDS ADMINISTRATION
REGULATION (Alberta Regulation 187/2011)

Issued under the authority of the Public Lands Act.

Public Use of Vacant Public Land

General licence respecting recreational purposes

32(1) Subject to this Part, any person may enter on and occupy
vacant public land for a recreational purpose.
(2) Subject to section 34, a person wishing to enter on and occupy
vacant public land, other than a trail, for a recreational purpose
must apply for and obtain an access permit before entering on the
land if

(a) the person intends to undertake a use or activity on the
vacant public land that could reasonably be expected to
occur for a period longer than 14 days,

(b) a closure imposed by a competent authority under any law
in force in Alberta is in effect for all or part of the vacant
public land,
(c) the entry on and occupation of the vacant public land has
been prohibited under Division 3 of this Part,
(d) the use or activity is likely to cause unreasonable loss or
damage to the vacant public land, or
(e) the use or activity is likely to contravene a disturbance
standard applicable to the vacant public land.

So, I guess by reading that, you could in theory get a permit for it, but I doubt I could find out who could do that for you...
Old 08-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Remember saying this? You think I am leaving if I beat you to the spot? Think again...Inexperience at its finest....a couple of hundred yards is not enough distance in between....and no, I have never heard a long time hunter use those words, I have heard them though, from people who watch lots of hunting on television.
Holy, your a real gem.

Hunting territory rights are a real thing and should be respected. Crown land or not. It's unwritten rules of hunting and ethics of the bush, same goes with berry picking, fishing holes, and many other things.

What province are you from, obviously not Alberta, we respect people and heritages here....
Old 08-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
What question did you ask?
You answered it in post 203.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjoe108 View Post
From the PUBLIC LANDS ADMINISTRATION
REGULATION (Alberta Regulation 187/2011)

Issued under the authority of the Public Lands Act.

Public Use of Vacant Public Land

General licence respecting recreational purposes

32(1) Subject to this Part, any person may enter on and occupy
vacant public land for a recreational purpose.
(2) Subject to section 34, a person wishing to enter on and occupy
vacant public land, other than a trail, for a recreational purpose
must apply for and obtain an access permit before entering on the
land if

(a) the person intends to undertake a use or activity on the
vacant public land that could reasonably be expected to
occur for a period longer than 14 days,

(b) a closure imposed by a competent authority under any law
in force in Alberta is in effect for all or part of the vacant
public land,
(c) the entry on and occupation of the vacant public land has
been prohibited under Division 3 of this Part,
(d) the use or activity is likely to cause unreasonable loss or
damage to the vacant public land, or
(e) the use or activity is likely to contravene a disturbance
standard applicable to the vacant public land.

So, I guess by reading that, you could in theory get a permit for it, but I doubt I could find out who could do that for you...
This is in regards to a dwelling unit. I've cabin/camper.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:49 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Who sits on top of who? I guess the rightful owner gets dibs top or bottom

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-26-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadeer View Post
Holy, your a real gem.

Hunting territory rights are a real thing and should be respected. Crown land or not. It's unwritten rules of hunting and ethics of the bush, same goes with berry picking, fishing holes, and many other things.

What province are you from, obviously not Alberta, we respect people and heritages here....

Hunting is not a right for most in Alberta last I checked, but a privelege. If I beat you to the spot, you should move along and find somewhere else, just like fishing holes, and just like berry patches. How do you think that you are entitled to claim a spot because you put up a stand? Alberta bred, born and raised...Where are you from?